Cost of Thermal Suite

Tropic5115

We are sailing on the Crown next month and are trying to remember how much we have paid in the past for the Thermal Suite, $150 per couple, $99 pp, not sure what it was. Does anyone know what the current cost for the whole week would be? Thanks!:)

My husband just paid $99 for the week for himself only on the Caribbean Princess. I don't know what the couples price was, or if there was one. He booked it the first day, as soon as we got on. They say that spots are limited to 200 persons.

Does anyone know if its possible to book the thermal suite before the cruise online/phone?

Also, is the Sanctuary seating something that comes with buying the thermal suite did the week, or totally different?

Thinking if doing both, wasn't sure it will all cost and if I can reserve it before we board.

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if its possible to book the thermal suite before the cruise online/phone?

Also, is the Sanctuary seating something that comes with buying the thermal suite did the week, or totally different?

Thinking if doing both, wasn't sure it will all cost and if I can reserve it before we board.

Thanks in advance!

As mentioned, the Sanctuary and Thermal Suites are not related to each other. In fact the Thermal Suite is really just a service offered through the Spa. They try to limit space and you can't reserve it prior to the cruise. My suggestion would be to visit the spa after boarding. They will give you a tour, show you the facilities, show costs, etc and then you can decide if you want to purchase it for your cruise. Dave

Thanks in advance!

Just off of CB Saturday. If you want the Sanctuary for the week, board EARLY and head directly there. We were able to book spots for the week--we were some of the first on board and the second ones up to the Sanctuary. You can book for more than one person also.

There are steam and sauna free to use in the spa changing rooms. They also provided towels and showers were available. Was not impressed enough with the thermal suite to want to use or book for the week. I went into the steam room one time after swimming in the adult pool.

I do not think it is very relaxing. I can not relax being so close to a stranger. Wish they were in individual rooms or at least have partitions. I will never go during a short cruise again. As you know, many small groups book short cruises and the girls love to have a spa day. Last year, for two days straight, the entire spa was jammed packed with young ladies and for a guy it was terrible especially on a formal night. When I walked into the thermal suite, I took one look and walked out. Women all over and shouting and laughing - not a realxing place for anyone. There was a live report where someone said they spent a lot of time reading a book. That is not what those beds are for.

I wouldn't waste my money. Give me back my suite internet minutes and they can have the thermal suite pass back.

• 2 months later...

On the Sapphire last week, we were quoted $99 per person, $199 for two people. They looked at me like I was an alien when I tried to explain that the per person cost was more as a couple :rolleyes:. Anyway, the third option was $250 for a couple including the rasul therapy treatment, which is what we opted for.

The thermal suite included five heated loungers, a sauna which did not work at all the entire week, a scented steam room which was scented one of the seven days, another, slightly cooler and unscented steam room, and two showers which were not scented (I don't think they were supposed to be, however, I just mention that because someone here said they are on some ships.) My husband and I enjoy thermal suites, and found having the thermal suite better than not having one, although it wasn't in the condition we would have wished.

Please let me know if any of you have any questions.

. There was a live report where someone said they spent a lot of time reading a book. That is not what those beds are for.

I wouldn't waste my money. Give me back my suite internet minutes and they can have the thermal suite pass back.

Ummm... I think that was my live from the Star. Most days I was the only person there. Not one time in a 14 day cruise were there ever more than 4 people in the TS at one time. I am not sure if the perk was clearly explained to the suite passengers.

There was a sign asking for TS patrons to refrain from using the heated loungers for more than 30 minute if there were people waiting. Most days it was only me.

The cost was $149 for 2 weeks.

What is the rasul therapy treatment?

From their description:

The Couples Rasul "the mud room" -- the most fun two people can have together! Exfoliate each other with Lime & Ginger Glow and essential oils, then lather each other in cleansing mud & relax in your own private steam chamber.

They provided a wide variety of products to moisturize the face and body for after the mud treatment.

Ummm... I think that was my live from the Star. Most days I was the only person there. Not one time in a 14 day cruise were there ever more than 4 people in the TS at one time. I am not sure if the perk was clearly explained to the suite passengers.

This was our experience on the Sapphire also, except I didn't see any sign about a 30 minute limit.

There are steam and sauna free to use in the spa changing rooms. They also provided towels and showers were available. Was not impressed enough with the thermal suite to want to use or book for the week. I went into the steam room one time after swimming in the adult pool.

This would be for Spa patrons only or are the steam room/sauna open to all passengers? I am normally cold natured and this would be a wonderful way to warm up after a day out and about in Alaska! :)

Archived