Gluten Free Notification

wrg11

Hi all,

I have Celiac Disease and require a Gluten Free diet. Is there a specific form that I need to complete and send to the cruise line, or should I just write a brief note? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi There,

On your cruise personaliser there is a section forspecial diet needs,

once you board check with the maitre d that all is noted.

if having fixed dining check again with your waiter.

yours Shogun

Shogun's info is spot on, working with the MD and Headwaiter is crucial. And I suggest avoiding the buffet at all costs (the ship staff will try hard to avoid cross contamination, but your fellow passengers, not so much)

Hi all,

I have Celiac Disease and require a Gluten Free diet. Is there a specific form that I need to complete and send to the cruise line, or should I just write a brief note? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

You definitely want to e-mail: dietaryrequest@princesscruises.com

Include your booking number, sail date, cruise ship, and your name (as it appears on the booking)

They will send you a confirmation that they received your e-mail. We booked MONTHS in advance and Princess asked me to notify them immediately. Then just before the cruise they will send you another e-mail confirming that they have notified the cruise ship you will be on.

I have food allergies. The other thing I do is let the Maitre'd know before dinner the first night AND I also give the waiter (we do traditional dining) a note with my name, table number, and my allergies as a reminder to him/her also.

Each night they would give me the menu for the next day. Have me pick and choose what I wanted, then would be sure it was given the seal of approval by the chef.

I realize how serious your gluten intolerance/allergy can be. Our best friend's daughter has it. It has been a learning process to say the least. I offered her a Whether's Candy (mom said it was OK). Luckily the dad checked before they let her have it. It had some form of gluten in it. I would of never thought a hard piece of candy would. We are getting better and better at checking for her. We have years of experience with my food allergies.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

I think early notification is a good thing, but I traveled with a friend on Emerald Princess last year who also has Celiac. He did not notify the cruise line ahead of time, but told the Head Waiter when we were seated at our table (we had Traditional Late seating). The Head Waiter went above and beyond to make sure that my friend had food available...and while you do want to stay away from the buffet, with a day's notification, he was afforded food in Horizon Court as well.

He was given the menu for the next night's dinner and he made his choices from the menu - the choices were delivered gluten free. They have bread, crackers and pastas made with rice flour specifically so even when he wanted pasta, he was able to have it.

I hope that the Head Waiter's attention is something that's repeated across the fleet because not only did he accomodate my friend, he made him feel special and taken care of because of the attention he gave. Even surprise dishes showed up that my friend hadn't ordered but enjoyed anyway. I think he ate better than the rest of the ship.

I hope that the Head Waiter's attention is something that's repeated across the fleet because not only did he accomodate my friend, he made him feel special and taken care of because of the attention he gave.

Yes, this type of attention from a headwaiter is common.

And you can do the menus in advance not just for dinner but also for breakfast and lunch (dining room open on sea days only for lunch).

Your requests are kept by cabin number, so if you are in anytime dining, a different waiter can locate what you had selected. Just use the same anytime dining room so you can work with the same headwaiter each evening.

And if you want to eat in a specialty restaurant, just go there the evening before and work with that headwaiter to select your meal.

wrg11

I too have celiac and am going to be on the Coral Mar 7-17th. As I was filling out the cruise personalizer I found a place to notify them of my need to be gluten free. I received an email from Princess within 24 hours and it showed up on my cruise documents. When do you cruise? I'll be happy to share my experience with you when I return.

I was on the Sapphire 12/22-12/29. Have just recently discovered that I have a gluten intolerance, the Santa Fe room was wonderful and the Head Waiter and our waiter was wonderful and helped me. I saw the next nights menu each evening, making sure my choices were gluten free and bringing me gluten free bread each evening.

Archived