Baltic weather 21st May onwards?

casbar3

Hi all,

Newbies first post!

Have booked Baltic cruise for 21st May on Aurora hoping the weather may be kind to us. What are our chances?

Will definitely have further questions in the not too distant future.

Thanks.

If you'd been in May 1994, as I did, it would have been wet in Tallinn, cool in St. Petersburg, hot and sunny in Visby, and pleasant and dry everywhere else. No strong winds. What does that mean for 2013? Not a lot, frankly.

Hope your next question is easier! ;)

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I think it'll be a question of just going prepared.

We have booked a fwd inside cabin on "A" deck and hoping for a smooth ride. Hope that isn't a mistake. :confused:

Welcome to Cruise Critic

In early May, 2011, the weather was consistently warm and sunny - especially in St Petersburg.

Be careful! The bad winter and sudden warm temperatures had caused a sudden thaw and lots of standing water. I was very badly bitten by mozzies! Take precautions! Otherwise - have a fab time.

I have photos of my Baltic cruise then here if you want a look - https://picasaweb.google.com/114801993219771801790/BalticCruiseOnBalmoral#

We went in June 2012 & apart from Brugge where it poured down (so much so we had to go & take refuge in one of the lovely cafes & have hot waffles & coffee...it was traumatic :D) we had lovely weather, ranging from 60c to 75c in all ports. Slight drizzle in St Petersburg on 2nd day but soon cleared.

It was one of the most memorable trips I have taken so far...enjoy!:)

We've been to Baltic in August twice and it was not particularly warm and very wet both times, especially in Helsinki!

Went to Brugge couple of Mays ago - rained so much we had a city walking tour and got soaked so decided a hot chocolate in a lovely little cafe was far preferable to the second half of the tour which was on the canals! A few brave souls managed it! Such a shame cos a lovely place!

Think the answer is - layers and dont forget your waterproofs!

Archived