Billing internet access to a different credit card?

someguyfl

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to bill just the Internet package expense to a different credit card? This is a business expense for me, and it would be easiest to charge it to my business credit card.

Thanks!

I don't believe so. You have one account, which is linked to your Seapass, and your internet access is also linked to your seapass. Your statement is itemized so you could certainly submit that for reimbursement.

I think all on board charges go to the card you have on file.

However, each person in the room can have a separate accounting of charges on a separate credit card. Assuming you have two people in the cabin, maybe you could direct the internet charge to one account and all other expenses to a separate card.

I believe your internet must be billed to an onboard account.

You could set it up to have separate account for each person in the cabin, assuming it's your spouse that is with you. One onboard account to be billed to your business credit card and only charge the internet to that account. Then set up the second account with a personal credit card for the personal expenses onboard. The only problem I can see with that is you will have to have all personal expenses go on one account.

I do know it is possible to transfer charges from one account to another as my sister and her girl friend, who had separate onboard accounts, did this on X because all of their Open Passage and Travel Agency OBCs went into my sister's account as she was the principle passenger. The service desk transferred enough of my sister's friend's expenses to my sister's account to use up her share of the OBC. IMO this also could be done for any personal expenses, like gratuities, that did go on the account to be settled by your business credit card. You also could prepay your gratuities before the cruise or remove the automatic gratuities and pay them in cash.

Another option would be to use a cash payment to pay off any personal expenses on the account with the internet charges thus leaving only that expense to be billed to the business card.

If no better solution comes up I would suggest you inquire about this with a call to X or at the service desk once onboard.

I don't think it's possible to do it automatically since, as others have said, everything gets charged to your on-board account which then will be paid off however you register it to be paid. But I think you might be able to give them the other card at the customer relations desk sometime during the cruise and ask them to charge a specific amount against it. You can get a copy of the bill to check your internet charges in order to come up with the amount, or buy a package sufficient for your needs early in the cruise and do that amount. Whatever you do be sure to check with customer relations early on to double check if this can be done and also to find out the deadline - I think the last morning might be too late but you'll want to verify that and the actual deadline.

It is possible. I've done it on two cruises. In fact, on our last cruise, we used a personal card for our onboard account and billed two Internet packages to two different business cards (one or me and one for DH). We just charged the Internet packages as normal and then went to Guest Relations a couple of days before the cruise ended and had the charges moved. Be forewarned -- it takes 15 minutes or so. They basically set up new accounts for the business cards. I asked the employee if it would have been faster if we'd done it before we bought the packages, and she said no. She said what we'd done was the best way. Hope this helps!

Archived