Castaway cay

cruzisme

I assume we tender in

Is there a fee for food and drinks?

Activities on the cay?

Price for renting snorkeling gear?

No, the ship docks. Food is included. Lots of activities.

175482559Nnmbrb_fs.jpg

Edited by MrPete

If you are an adult only group I highly suggest you make your way to Serenity Bay.......the adult only beach. Pure heaven. All aboard is usually around 4:45 or so, but by 3pm the adult beach clears out and you can have the place almost to yourself!

The ship docks right at the island. There is a free bbq buffet. There are all sorts of activities that can be signed up for. Go to the Disney cruise line web site and look under shore excursions and Castaway Cay.

Bike rentals, snorkel equipment rentals, floating water slide. stingray adventure.

Good time to be had by all

Snorkeling gear I believe is $15.

It's now $25 to rent an adult snorkeling set and $10 for a kid's. If you take your own set use of their vests is free and required. Bikes are $6 per hour I believe.

Edited by Macy2

Castaway Cay has fountain drinks ans an ice cream machine just like on the ship. Of course, there are adult beverages for sale. As i recall the buffet opens at 11:00 but the drink machines are up and running right from the start.

The ship docks right at the island. There is a free bbq buffet. There are all sorts of activities that can be signed up for. Go to the Disney cruise line web site and look under shore excursions and Castaway Cay.

Bike rentals, snorkel equipment rentals, floating water slide. stingray adventure.

Good time to be had by all

there are 3 free barbecues!! one at each of the two family beaches and one at serenity bay..

you can eat at all 3 if you feel like it!

though the family ones have identical food...

the adult one might have an item or two the family doesn't, i don't know..

when we were there, in addition to regular barbecue stuff, the adult one had fish and steak...(i think the steak was made to order)..

there are 3 free barbecues!! one at each of the two family beaches and one at serenity bay..

you can eat at all 3 if you feel like it!

though the family ones have identical food...

the adult one might have an item or two the family doesn't, i don't know..

when we were there, in addition to regular barbecue stuff, the adult one had fish and steak...(i think the steak was made to order)..

Can you take food from the adult beach over to the family beach at lunch?

Thanks!

Can you take food from the adult beach over to the family beach at lunch?

Thanks!

you can take the food anywhere you want, but the adult beach is very far away from the family beach..

there's a tram (or whatever they call it), that takes you from one to the other...

but i didn't see anything at any of the barbecues that was so special that i would take them from one to the other...

it's just regular old barbecue food....nothing to write home about..

although the fruit was very yummy...

Castaway Cay has fountain drinks ans an ice cream machine just like on the ship. Of course, there are adult beverages for sale. As i recall the buffet opens at 11:00 but the drink machines are up and running right from the start.

Yes buffet opens at 11:00 but they also have a fruit stand/buffet before that. It is across from the ice cream machine and in front of Cookies.

Is there a fee for Pelican Plunge(I think that is the name!)? We just watched a you tube video of it and the girls think it looks like fun!

Just know that the water is deep. They require life vests for anyone under a certain age or height I can't remember which! We were lined up to go, but there were tons of jellyfish around that day and we decided to forgo getting stung.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Usually a take the beach excursions, because I Iike to just relax and enjoy the sun. I noticed that there is no shore excursion to a beach in Castaway. I am assuming that going to the beach is free, and you just need to leave the ship and go to a beach without contracting an excursion. Is that correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Usually a take the beach excursions, because I Iike to just relax and enjoy the sun. I noticed that there is no shore excursion to a beach in Castaway. I am assuming that going to the beach is free, and you just need to leave the ship and go to a beach without contracting an excursion. Is that correct?

That is correct>

The ship docks directly at Castaway Cay, which is basically a large beach with lots of recreation options. There are free towels as you get off the ship. A free tram takes you to the beaches. There are family beaches and a fabulous adults-only beach called Serenity Bay. Food and soft drinks are free. There are plenty of places to buy alcohol and some souvenirs or beach toys. You can rent bikes, floats, snorkeling gear. You can rent paddle boats, kayaks, Hobie cats, etc. You can pay for a stingray encounter. The free kids clubs extend to the island. You can buy excursions like parasailing, boat tours, fishing expeditions. You don't have to spend a dime if you don't want to and still have a glorious day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 year later...
So does the waterslide cost money?

nope

just be careful in that area. it seems to be a spot that sometimes has issues with jellyfish/sea lice.

also, you have to swim out a bit in pretty deep water to get to the platform