Freedom PHOTO Trip Review to ARUBA, GRAND TURK, DR, & CURACAO

mpcaruth

Aruba Continued:

Went spent about 45 minutes in the water at Arashi, then packed up for our trip back to the ship. The drive back was along the main stretch along the tourist beaches of Palm Beach and Eagle Beach. The hotels were amazing looking and the beaches looked great. I took some photos from the jeep:

P1080072_zpsc8389481.jpg

P1080079_zps4894a0f0.jpg

We were dropped off across the street from the pier entrance. My daughter and I walked about a block to an open air market (lots of locals selling souvenirs from booths). The prices for the T-shirts, bags, purses, and other typical souvenirs were probably the cheapest we have seen on any of the islands we have cruised to. So…we loaded up on shirts and novelties.

Aruba Final L:

Back on ship, we went to an upper deck to watch sail away. So sad this was our last port.

P1080099_zps83e1f1c2.jpg

P1080097_zpsac33ad2c.jpg

We slowly sailed in front of the airport runway where we saw a plane appear to be waiting. My son asked if the plane was going to take off over our heads. We told him it was probably not allowed, since the ship was so close and with so many passengers. Then “bbrrmmmmm” a loud sound startled everyone on the ship. The plane was waiting on the runway for the plane that was about to land. I caught a picture of the plane just before landing.

P1080104_zps64795e14.jpg

P1080101_zps27ed0146.jpg

Aruba is truly "one big happy family"! Of all the ports I have been to, this would rate as the top for a future land-based vacation.

If you recall, my favorite port day was La Romana (Seavis rocks!), and my son's favorite was Curacao (he loves snorkeling). Now, my husband and daughter selected Aruba as their favorite (they loved the off-road adventure and the unknowns). So, as you can see, we are all different, but we all had a GREAT time at the ports!

What fantastic pics! Thank you!

I don't know if you said this, since I mostly just looked at the pictures right now (sorry!)... but I was wondering if any of the stops had tenders? We're doing the same stops on the Breeze in November.

I've bookmarked your thread to read all about the excursions later. :D

What fantastic pics! Thank you!

I don't know if you said this, since I mostly just looked at the pictures right now (sorry!)... but I was wondering if any of the stops had tenders? We're doing the same stops on the Breeze in November.

I've bookmarked your thread to read all about the excursions later. :D

Good news! There are no tenders on this itinerary.

Thanks for the review. We're debating on this itinerary on either the Freedom or Breeze for our next cruise.

I see in your signature that you have sailed the Dream and the Freedom. Knowing that the Breeze is very similar to the Dream, I think you should pick which of those two ships you liked best. I bet the Freedom is much cheaper than the Breeze. Have fun!

Okay

Just looked over the Funtimes and I did not see the show listed...... thats why I was asking...... and I heard good things about the show....

Thanks

Okay so you still have not come and joined the roll call for the Freedom yet...do we scare you lol:p come on jump in the water is just the right temp!

Yes this hot tub is open to everyone. It's almost a secret. I rarely see anyone here. You have to go through the locker room and choose an unmarked door leading to this hot tub. One door leads to the gym and the other to this area.

As you walk through the area with lockers, before you reach the washroom area, there's a door on the left marked MASSAGE...go through this door and take the first door on the right, it leads to the hot tub. My daughter and I discovered this on our first night on the Freedom a week ago. It felt so good, and we were the only people in there.

• 1 month later...
Can you bring the conch onto the ship and then back into the US w/o problems? Is there a live critter in these shells? Is there some kind of quarantine the shells have to go through?

We cleaned the conch shells out to remove the sand, and there were no live critters. The shells went through the ship scanner fine. I know they do not allow sand to be carried onboard, but we have never had a problem with shells. You can also buy clean and shiny conch shells from vendors in the ports, and these are allowed on the ship. Once in the cabin, we cleaned the shells with soap and water.

• 4 weeks later...
Seavis Saono Special Tour Continued:

The power boat ride to the island was GORGEOUS! We stopped twice along the way. The first stop was next to some caves to discuss the Taino Indians.

P1070763_zpsb98ac90e.jpg

DSC_8169_zpsdfd717a1.jpg

DSC_0229_zps5a265851.jpg

P1070753_zpsf5197c72.jpg

P1070750_zpse9795238.jpg

To be continued...

These are among the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen! The sea is breathtaking. I came across your review, because I'm looking at the 8 day for June as I had a week free up at work and I am now sold (and I'm only 1/2 way through your review). Thanks for your excellent and informative review

just found this review. I am loving it so much I am already thinking about checking prices and booking this cruise for next year!!

At work and need to get some done. I'll come back later to finish reading. I've only gotten thru the Dominican Republic tour. :D

Hi,

I noticed on your air boat in the Everglades that you had ear plugs. Did they provide those or did you bring them yourself?

Thanks! Really enjoyed your review as we are doing the same itinerary in June with an 11 year old daughter.

Hi' date='

I noticed on your air boat in the Everglades that you had ear plugs. Did they provide those or did you bring them yourself?

Thanks! Really enjoyed your review as we are doing the same itinerary in June with an 11 year old daughter.[/quote']

Thank you. The tour provides the earplugs. This is really a great cruise, and I am sure your daughter will think it is amazing!

just found this review. I am loving it so much I am already thinking about checking prices and booking this cruise for next year!!

At work and need to get some done. I'll come back later to finish reading. I've only gotten thru the Dominican Republic tour. :D

Go ahead and book the cruise during your lunch hour!!!! The Freedom is a great ship. And you cannot beat the value of this itinerary with any other cruiseline.

Aruba continued:

Stop at a really small church:

P1080033_zpsba3b7172.jpg

P1080031_zps15e3dd85.jpg

The next to last stop was at the Lighthouse. I didn’t get a picture of the lighthouse, but managed to catch it in a photo at Arashi Beach. There was a herd of goats that roamed the field next to the lighthouse. Again, the animals intrigued my kids (pun intended).

IMG_5778_zps4ba5e519.jpg

Our final stop was Arashi Beach. The kids snorkeled some here, but we were really not in the right location to see anything. The water was a nice refreshing end to a hot, dusty, and fun day.

IMG_5780_zps46daead9.jpg

P1080059_zpscdad8c0f.jpg

P1080069_zpsc801a78f.jpg

To be continued…

Did you bring your own snorkel gear, or did you rent?

These new posts reminded me that I wanted to share our Old Time photo. It was advertised in the Funtimes one night that there would be Old Time photos. There was no line when we walked by, so we decided to do it. The kids had so much fun picking out the costumes, and there were probably 20 or more to choose from with varying sizes. My son, who hates getting his photo taken, enjoyed dressing up as a old western bank robber. These photos were the same price as all the other portraits. So, compared to the price of Old Time photos at beach vacation destinations, this was a deal.

IMG_0001_zpsa6ed9df4.jpg

Did you bring your own snorkel gear, or did you rent?

We brought our own snorkel gear, but I think they also had some available for free use in one of the Jeeps.

Edited by mpcaruth

Wonderful review and a others have said your pictures are amazing. I did look on carnivals web site at lunch but it wouldn't let me pick the freedom or the breeze for may or November 2014. I'll keep checking or check another website to see if is available yet.

I look forward to reading your other reviews.

• 1 month later...
We are taking this cruise in July. Love your review and photos. Thanks for all the details. These ports are all new for us and exactly why we chose it. You have helped me with our plans a lot.

Hi sunny side up! We are sailing with you on July 27th! Come join our roll call!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1624694

Edited by Rena921

• 4 weeks later...

Your photograpy is wonderful, there is one picture, I want for my screen saver at work-with your permission, so I can just dream of being "there", beach,palm trees and water! My Legends roll call from last year want to go to new ports, as a reunion, can you tell we made freinds for life while cruising? We are looking at this cruise for 2015. Thank you so much for this review!