Zydecocruiser's Carnival Elation Photo Review

Sargent_Schultz

You're welcome and thank you. :) Enjoy your cruise!

It was great to meet you at the past guest party. I'm glad that you took so many pictures, I think I took a grand total of three pictures of towel animals. We had a real good time on the Elation, looking forward to the Fasination in November. Bill & Mary

Just in time to make my wait even more difficult! I'm sailing April 1, 3rd time on the Elation. Thanks for a great review.

Just wondering... have the Tervis tumblers made it to the Elation for the platinum gift?

thanks again....

counting down.... getting impatient!

You're welcome.

Yes, Tervis Tumblers. The ship ran out of them, but got some more from Carnival Imagination in Cozumel.

DSC_4158_Zyde.jpg

Enjoy your cruise!

It was great to meet you at the past guest party. I'm glad that you took so many pictures, I think I took a grand total of three pictures of towel animals. We had a real good time on the Elation, looking forward to the Fasination in November. Bill & Mary

A pleasure meeting you two, too. Glad you came up and said something!

Happy Cruising!

DSC_3367_Zyde.jpg

One of the pools - this one on the small side

DSC_3368_Zyde.jpg

The kiddie pool

DSC_3369_Zyde.jpg

DSC_3372_Zyde.jpg

a bandstand

DSC_3374_Zyde.jpg

The little pool looks like a great place to grab a lounge and my 6 yr old could enjoy some pool time away from the crowds. Would you happen to know how deep that pool is?

Awseome review! we are thinking about a road trip to New Orleans from Rhode Island next Feb and this is REALLY selling me!!

Danielle

The little pool looks like a great place to grab a lounge and my 6 yr old could enjoy some pool time away from the crowds. Would you happen to know how deep that pool is?

Awseome review! we are thinking about a road trip to New Orleans from Rhode Island next Feb and this is REALLY selling me!!

Danielle

The "big little" pool says 3' 6" maximum depth.

Thank you! New Orleans is a great place to cruise from. :)

Dh and I have Spent the night checking out your photos on your website. I think we have narrowed down are Feb cruise down to 5 night on the Elation, 5 night on the Paradise or 6 night on the Freedom. Any words of wisdom for deciding? We are in no rush to book since we have an adult only cruise in November already booked. I was thinking about booking Feb when we cruise in Nov however with the Elation already only have 25 inside room open I may have book before then.

Thanks

Danielle

Dh and I have Spent the night checking out your photos on your website. I think we have narrowed down are Feb cruise down to 5 night on the Elation, 5 night on the Paradise or 6 night on the Freedom. Any words of wisdom for deciding? We are in no rush to book since we have an adult only cruise in November already booked. I was thinking about booking Feb when we cruise in Nov however with the Elation already only have 25 inside room open I may have book before then.

Thanks

Danielle

Not really. So much about a cruise is subjective, it is whichever one appeals to you the most. I loved Elation, have never been on Paradise, and haven't been on Freedom in years. It doesn't look like you've been on a Conquest class ship yet but I don't think Freedom has gotten the Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades and not sure of the schedule.

I think our choices for cruising these days are anything out of New Orleans, or Europe, or Alaska, or Hawaii. Other people will have different favorites.

I am a little surprised only 25 inside cabins would be available on Elation. What do you base that on?

Well I Should correct my statement....25 cabins left on the riviera and main deck.

Can't wait to see your sunshine pictures. We were kicking the idea of doing that one but won't really allow enough travel time to get there. I REALLY want to do a newer ship. NCL breakaway is a closes option but don't like the price tag that comes with it.

Danielle

DSC_4446_Zyde.jpg

AWESOME photo review Sarge! This one is my fav. pic out of everything dunno why, its just COOL! brings back memories of my 1st carnival cruise! I was de-Carnival-virginized on the Elation to Cabo lol!

Just put a deposit down for my "bucket list" Panama canal cruise on the Imagination next year! Cant wait, seeing the Imagination in your review gets me excited for that cruise!

Cant wait till your photo reviews of the Legend & ESPECIALLY the Sunshine!

Well I Should correct my statement....25 cabins left on the riviera and main deck.

Can't wait to see your sunshine pictures. We were kicking the idea of doing that one but won't really allow enough travel time to get there. I REALLY want to do a newer ship. NCL breakaway is a closes option but don't like the price tag that comes with it.

Danielle

Oh - okay.

I can't wait to see them, either! New ships always carry a premium until bookings drop off.

Oh - okay.

I can't wait to see them, either! New ships always carry a premium until bookings drop off.

Right now it would cost us 4000 for a family of 4 for an inside. I think if the cost came down to 3000 then I maybe temped to book.

Edited by daniella1279

AWESOME photo review Sarge! This one is my fav. pic out of everything dunno why, its just COOL! brings back memories of my 1st carnival cruise! I was de-Carnival-virginized on the Elation to Cabo lol!

Just put a deposit down for my "bucket list" Panama canal cruise on the Imagination next year! Cant wait, seeing the Imagination in your review gets me excited for that cruise!

Cant wait till your photo reviews of the Legend & ESPECIALLY the Sunshine!

Thank you. That picture was a lot of work. Well, maybe not that one specifically, but I tried a lot of different setting and took lots of pictures of basically the same thing until deciding maybe it was as good as I was going to get.

Sunshine will be awesome. Legend will be great to, but that cruise is more about the destination - the British Isles!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!! Thanks for writing such a thorough review! Your photos are amazing, and I loved seeing every detail of your cruise. I hope you'll be sailing on the Sunshine this summer so I can get a sneak peak of the ship before I sail in September!! :D

Wow!! Thanks for writing such a thorough review! Your photos are amazing, and I loved seeing every detail of your cruise. I hope you'll be sailing on the Sunshine this summer so I can get a sneak peak of the ship before I sail in September!! :D

You're welcome and thank you.

We are on the Carnival Sunshine Inaugural - April 12, 2013! :D

You're welcome and thank you.

We are on the Carnival Sunshine Inaugural - April 12, 2013! :D

Oh wow! That's so exciting, and soooo soon!!! I hope you have a fantastic time and can't wait to read your review and see all your photos when you get back! :)

Do you have a Facebook page we can "Subscribe" to or "Like" so we can see your pictures there too or befriend you?

Not sure what links I am allowed to post here.

I do have FB, but I don't post many pictures there. If you search on FB for zydecocruiser you should be able to find me. :)

As for my pictures, if you Google zydecocruiser, it should become obvious. :)

I do have FB, but I don't post many pictures there. If you search on FB for zydecocruiser you should be able to find me. :)

i glad ya in 4 weeks onboard Sunshine:) cant wait see manys phtos

as usual. That cruise looks like old time Carnival. We are on the 4/22 Triumph. Will it be anything like the Elation....pizza, grill, mexican buffet, etc? I hope so. We sailed on the Celebration and the Ecstacy (hurricane Ike) and really enjoyed the smaller ships. I hope the Triumph is similar.

as usual. That cruise looks like old time Carnival. We are on the 4/22 Triumph. Will it be anything like the Elation....pizza, grill, mexican buffet, etc? I hope so. We sailed on the Celebration and the Ecstacy (hurricane Ike) and really enjoyed the smaller ships. I hope the Triumph is similar.

Thank you!

Triumph should be closer to Elation than Conquest on food, but probably with all new carpet, etc. so closer to Conquest in some areas. Triumph does have the big screen on Lido and a newer type of water slide. The pools are different. Neither has refrigerators in standard cabins. Triumph does have hair dryers in the bathrooms.

So I guess Triumph is really in between Elation and Conquest which is what I'd really kind of expect. I don't have a problem with any of them and would sail on any of them.

Edited by Sargent_Schultz

I have found your website and enjoyed it very much! Can't find you on FB though, under aydecocruiser. There is a female zydeco cruisers.

Too bad!:(