Zydecocruiser's Carnival Elation Photo Review

Sargent_Schultz

Loving your photos! Can't wait to enjoy the Elation again!

Thank you!

Thanks for all the photos and updates! We will be on the Elation in Ooctober and we enjoyed our last B2B on the Conquest so much we will be spending 2 days before the cruise in NOLA at the Drury! We had so much fun last month, we can't wait to get back in warmer weather.

You're welcome. NOLA is a great port to cruise from.

Hey Sarge!!! Soooooooooooooo excited to see another "live" ish review from you!!!!!:D:D One question for you......I thought I read on here, a few months back, they did away with the trays in the buffet? Yet, I see one in one of your pictures. It made me happy. I am a klutz. I need the tray. lol Hope you are having a blast. Subscribed!!!!! Enjoy!!!

I'm not quite sure what the could do with it or the life jackets. There isn't a sofa in the room and you can use the top for storage.

The other fantasy class with the exception of Elation and Parsdise keep them in the wardrobe. Though the other fantasy class ships have the evolutions of fun upgrade. Still like the elation.

Btw great review. Love all the info you provide. I wonder if you heard since on board anything about the dry dock next year. I heard a rumor that it was going to be major with the 2.0 additions kind of like what they are doing with the destiny. The elation and paradise are the newest fantasy class ships and were the only two not to receive evolutions of fun so it would make since.

Enjoy. Tomorrow is elegant night and the "special" Diamond invitation from the Captain is an invitation to dinner! We meet at a bar and from there, I dunno. We'll see if they will let me take pictures. :)

I heard they do this sometimes. Our last cruise in Oct. was on the Legend and someone reported they had dinner with the Captain on a previous cruise. I made certain to pack accordingly. It was our first diamond cruise. Then, the Captain invited us to the bridge for sailaway from Cozumel. We had to respectfully decline due to a "scheduling conflict." (Cozumel is our drinking stop with our favorite waiter at Fat Tuesdays and we always nap afterwards ) Dinner would have been better. Maybe this time.

Thankyou for all your reviews. As a new Carnival user Im glued to your updates!!!!

You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback!

Hey Sarge!!! Soooooooooooooo excited to see another "live" ish review from you!!!!!:D:D One question for you......I thought I read on here, a few months back, they did away with the trays in the buffet? Yet, I see one in one of your pictures. It made me happy. I am a klutz. I need the tray. lol Hope you are having a blast. Subscribed!!!!! Enjoy!!!

Thank you!

Some ships still have trays and regular plates. Carnival Elation is one.

Btw great review. Love all the info you provide. I wonder if you heard since on board anything about the dry dock next year. I heard a rumor that it was going to be major with the 2.0 additions kind of like what they are doing with the destiny. The elation and paradise are the newest fantasy class ships and were the only two not to receive evolutions of fun so it would make since.

Thank you. I know Elation is supposed to get some 2.0 upgrades sometime, but the 2.0 schedule has been sort of a moving target. I do doubt it will be anything like Sunshine which is a larger ship. I kind of like Elation the way she is.

I heard they do this sometimes. Our last cruise in Oct. was on the Legend and someone reported they had dinner with the Captain on a previous cruise. I made certain to pack accordingly. It was our first diamond cruise. Then, the Captain invited us to the bridge for sailaway from Cozumel. We had to respectfully decline due to a "scheduling conflict." (Cozumel is our drinking stop with our favorite waiter at Fat Tuesdays and we always nap afterwards ) Dinner would have been better. Maybe this time.

I didn't pack accordingly but do have a suit jacket and pants. I did buy a $10 tie today! I hope they appreciate it. I would never turn down an invitation from the Captain - besides, I'm sure we'll have wine and maybe a cocktail. :)

Grill menu

DSC_2977_Zyde.jpg

The first day lunch buffet

DSC_2979_Zyde.jpg

They still have goat cheese pizza, and caesar salad and garlic bread and...

DSC_2986_Zyde.jpg

DSC_2992_Zyde.jpg

DSC_2993_Zyde.jpg

Hey that Bartenders name is Theresa!! I remember her and she remembered DW and I last trip in December. She is loads of fun!

Thanks Sarge!

OH, BTW. As to which way they dock... I figure it has to do with which side of the ship needs a coat of paint.

Edited by BigDfromTN

Almost to Cozumel - guess I better do skip some of the pictures for now. Will have to figure that out later.

In New Orleans, when docking, river conditions are the biggest factor - is it high or low, etc. They do prefer docking upriver which allows them to open more gangways.

The dry dock next year is going to be interesting. I think I'll leave it at that (for now). :D