Zydecocruiser's Carnival Elation Photo Review

Sargent_Schultz

I leave the laptop on the desk. Never a problem.

You could put it in a suitcase and lock the suitcase. There are other security options - pull the hard drive out and lock in the safe. Perhaps there is somewhere you could attach a Kensington lock.

Safes aren't big enough for most laptops. You could pull the hard drive out and lock it in the safe.

Zydecocruiser, Thanks for another fantastic photo review...what else would it be...all of your photo reviews are fantastic. :):):):)

Thanks for the Galatoire's Bistro in Baton Rouge information...I didn't know there was one outside of New Orleans...when you say some similarity...? New Orleans one makes you wear a Jacket, right.

Edited by cruiseclues

Nice review, thanks for posting it! IMO the Fantasy Class ships worked so much better without the EOF. The aft pool was always my favorite spot to relax.

Seeing the old cabins really brings back some memories as well, my first CCL cruise was the Sensation back in 1999.

Nice review, thanks for posting it! IMO the Fantasy Class ships worked so much better without the EOF. The aft pool was always my favorite spot to relax.

Seeing the old cabins really brings back some memories as well, my first CCL cruise was the Sensation back in 1999.

Me too! We really now only cruise NON EOF ships.

Zydecocruiser, Thanks for another fantastic photo review...what else would it be...all of your photo reviews are fantastic. :):):):)

Thanks for the Galatoire's Bistro in Baton Rouge information...I didn't know there was one outside of New Orleans...when you say some similarity...? New Orleans one makes you wear a Jacket, right.

You're welcome and thank you. I need to get motivated to add captions and get back to it.

Galatoire's in New Orleans still requires jackets at night but it was almost scandalous when they stopped requiring ties. I know a number of people were speechless when some years earlier, Galatoire's actually started accepting credit cards. :eek:

I don't think the one in Baton Rouge requires jackets, but I wore one. The BR one does have a large bar and patio area where you could also eat.

Thank you. It is still far from over. Finishing up some preliminary work - scanning Fun Times, Menus, etc and need to add some captions.

Last time I was on Carnival Elation was 2004 and I was really impressed with the recent cruise. Have to try to schedule another cruise or two on her. I think by the end of 2014 the ship will not be the same. :(

Your pictures are stunning, thanks for sharing. I love the super wide angle ones :D

Thank you. Have many more to post!

You're welcome and thank you. I need to get motivated to add captions and get back to it.

Galatoire's in New Orleans still requires jackets at night but it was almost scandalous when they stopped requiring ties. I know a number of people were speechless when some years earlier, Galatoire's actually started accepting credit cards. :eek:

I don't think the one in Baton Rouge requires jackets, but I wore one. The BR one does have a large bar and patio area where you could also eat.

Thanks for the info on Galatoire's. We consider Louisiana to be the best state for food, and New Orleans is very difficult not to get an incredible meal. :)

Holy moly - completely missed some food pictures. Besides trying the Mongolia Wok on embarkation day, a little later the smell from the grill was getting to me, so had to try something from there.

No Guy's Burger Joint on Elation, but I thought the old burgers still tasted great. The grill setup also seemed to be much more efficient than I remembered. I think some lessons learned from 2.0 have trickled down (or maybe they trickled up? Not sure where they started). Anyway, never a long wait and often none at the Grill.

DSC_3169_Zyde.jpg

DSC_3173_Zyde.jpg

Ole!

DSC_3176_Zyde.jpg

I had to try to force myself from eating the whole thing - I wanted to be able to eat dinner in a few hours. I failed - and finished the burger.

Sargent - YAY Another Great Review!! You are so good at what you do!

I have a few questions for you. 1)What is the weather like sailing in January? I cruise during the month of September and its always HOT in the Ports and HOT from where the ships Embarks and Debarks so I was curious as to what its like in the winter months. 2)Are you doing on the Freedom anytime soon? I'd love to see the Ship through your Eyes/Camera! Thanks.

Sargent - YAY Another Great Review!! You are so good at what you do!

I have a few questions for you. 1)What is the weather like sailing in January? I cruise during the month of September and its always HOT in the Ports and HOT from where the ships Embarks and Debarks so I was curious as to what its like in the winter months. 2)Are you doing on the Freedom anytime soon? I'd love to see the Ship through your Eyes/Camera! Thanks.

Thank you.

New Orleans was cool and a little rainy but can be almost anything in Winter - except a blizzard.

It seemed unseasonable warm in Progreso - I think at Uxmal it was about 100 degrees! Normally it would have been cooler that time of the year, but again, it can vary.

I went snorkeling in Cozumel, so was quite comfortable.

We were on the inaugural Freedom out of Venice years ago and then once again on a 6 day cruise a few years ago, but not since and nothing planned for Freedom. It was and probably still is one of my favorite ships.

You're Welcome and Thank You!

It was the ship tour. The box lunch is a bag lunch they hand you when you board the bus in the Morning along with a bottle of water. Mine had a sandwich with meat and cheese, a banana, and a small bag of small cookies. If you are going to eat the sandwich, you might want to do it before the ruins. The engine and a/c in the bus is turned off when everyone is touring the ruins.

When we did the Carnival tour of Tulum, they gave us TUNA FISH SANDWICHES in the box lunch! No way would I eat a tuna fish sandwich in the scorching heat (110 degrees in July!) with the air off, etc. :eek:

Maggie

When we did the Carnival tour of Tulum, they gave us TUNA FISH SANDWICHES in the box lunch! No way would I eat a tuna fish sandwich in the scorching heat (110 degrees in July!) with the air off, etc. :eek:

Maggie

I was thinking of Tulum from Cozumel, but it wasn't offered on this cruise. I wouldn't eat tuna fish even if a reasonable temperature. I don't care for it. :cool: