Zydecocruiser's Carnival Elation Photo Review

Sargent_Schultz

Oh nooooooooooooooo! Darn it. We'll be on the BC7 and quite possibly will do Elation again before then.

Love the Elation and your review. She's the go-to ship for us when we need a short "cruise-fix" since we are so close to NO.

We'll be on BC7 with you too!! We've always wanted to do a BC, but the timing has never worked out for us until now. Can't wait to finally meet you as well!

We may very well wind up on Elation again between our 3/24/2013 Glory cruise and BC7. 10 months between cruises is way too long!! :D We have taken a cruise on Elation in November 2 years in a row now.

Thanks for the great review and awesome pictures!

Love the Elation, always seems like she has the best crew. We're planning a B2B on her in Oct to take us into Platinum.

You're welcome and thank you!

Elation has been a real joy - the crew, the food, everything. Maybe a b2b might be in order!

Love the Elation and your review. She's the go-to ship for us when we need a short "cruise-fix" since we are so close to NO.

We'll be on BC7 with you too!! We've always wanted to do a BC, but the timing has never worked out for us until now. Can't wait to finally meet you as well!

We may very well wind up on Elation again between our 3/24/2013 Glory cruise and BC7. 10 months between cruises is way too long!! :D We have taken a cruise on Elation in November 2 years in a row now.

Thank you. She may become my goto ship as well. We were supposed to do an Elation cruise last November, but switched to the Conquest 2.0 when prices dropped.

We'll have at least 2 cruises before BC7, but 3 or 4 sounds better. :D

Wow - too many activities - again!

After a full day tour in Progreso, besides dinner (of course), the show tonight is Win, there is a Mega Deck Party (including Mexican Buffet, and then at Midnight, the house band is going to bring some New Orleans to the Elation with some Rhythm and Blues - playing until late!

Great review and your photos are very welcomed and fantastic to view. Thank you for posting!

We sailed on the Elation some years ago and we had a ball. We get to sail again on the Elation at the end of April, so your photos bring back a lot memories along with some surprises because of some of the changes that has been made. The Mongolian wok is one venue that I will take advantage of on this cruise for sure. :)

Question...do you have the five day cruise of the daily ‘Fun Times’ that I might get an emailed scanned copies from you? So many things to do on board each day that I can use all the time I can get to get my ducks in a row. Thanks.

Now where are my highlighters? :D

Great review and your photos are very welcomed and fantastic to view. Thank you for posting!

We sailed on the Elation some years ago and we had a ball. We get to sail again on the Elation at the end of April, so your photos bring back a lot memories along with some surprises because of some of the changes that has been made. The Mongolian wok is one venue that I will take advantage of on this cruise for sure. :)

Question...do you have the five day cruise of the daily ‘Fun Times’ that I might get an emailed scanned copies from you? So many things to do on board each day that I can use all the time I can get to get my ducks in a row. Thanks.

Now where are my highlighters? :D

Thank you.

I have the Fun Times and more and will be scanning. They do change.

You can send an email request with something meaningful in the subject (like Carnival Elation Feb 2013 Fun Times) and I'll see what I can do. It will probably be a few days or so before I get around to them.

zc_feedback_1a1@zydecocruiser.net

Thank you.

I have the Fun Times and more and will be scanning. They do change.

You can send an email request with something meaningful in the subject (like Carnival Elation Feb 2013 Fun Times) and I'll see what I can do. It will probably be a few days or so before I get around to them.

zc_feedback_1a1@zydecocruiser.net

I received your email reply, thank you!

I had went to the URL for this Elation cruise that you sent me and after JUST STARTING to peruse some of your photos there, I just may leave my camera at home. There isn’t much of anything I can take a photograph of that you don’t have one already posted. :D Man they are great!

I did look for a photo of the ‘BOX LUNCH’ that you received for your return trip back from the ruins and didn’t see one. Of all the comments about that tour...the only real negative things noted in the reviews were the not so good box lunch. Did you go through Carnival?

How do you handle all the photos you take on a cruise? By that I mean, do you take a laptop to download your camera or card each day into? Do you use the on board ship’s computers to download and send the photos back to your email address? OR do you just take enough cards along to handle all the photos you think you might take on that cruise?

AND batteries...is your camera a plug in to recharge type or do you take a lot of rechargeable batteries or plenty of regular single use camera batteries? If you recharge, what are your procedures for being able to do so aboard the ship. Are there enough electrical outlets in your cabin to make it doable? OR where aboard the ship do you go to recharge your batteries?

So many questions, so little time! April is just around the corner.

Thank you!

I received your email reply, thank you!

I had went to the URL for this Elation cruise that you sent me and after JUST STARTING to peruse some of your photos there, I just may leave my camera at home. There isn’t much of anything I can take a photograph of that you don’t have one already posted. :D Man they are great!

I did look for a photo of the ‘BOX LUNCH’ that you received for your return trip back from the ruins and didn’t see one. Of all the comments about that tour...the only real negative things noted in the reviews were the not so good box lunch. Did you go through Carnival?

How do you handle all the photos you take on a cruise? By that I mean, do you take a laptop to download your camera or card each day into? Do you use the on board ship’s computers to download and send the photos back to your email address? OR do you just take enough cards along to handle all the photos you think you might take on that cruise?

AND batteries...is your camera a plug in to recharge type or do you take a lot of rechargeable batteries or plenty of regular single use camera batteries? If you recharge, what are your procedures for being able to do so aboard the ship. Are there enough electrical outlets in your cabin to make it doable? OR where aboard the ship do you go to recharge your batteries?

So many questions, so little time! April is just around the corner.

Thank you!

You're Welcome and Thank You!

It was the ship tour. The box lunch is a bag lunch they hand you when you board the bus in the Morning along with a bottle of water. Mine had a sandwich with meat and cheese, a banana, and a small bag of small cookies. If you are going to eat the sandwich, you might want to do it before the ruins. The engine and a/c in the bus is turned off when everyone is touring the ruins.

I bring a laptop to offload the pictures and then upload from there to the hosting site.

My camera uses a rechargeable battery. I bring two batteries, so have one as a backup, but have never needed. My camera can take hundreds and hundreds of pictures on a single charge. I recharge the battery in my cabin at night.

Hope this helps!

You're Welcome and Thank You!

It was the ship tour. The box lunch is a bag lunch they hand you when you board the bus in the Morning along with a bottle of water. Mine had a sandwich with meat and cheese, a banana, and a small bag of small cookies. If you are going to eat the sandwich, you might want to do it before the ruins. The engine and a/c in the bus is turned off when everyone is touring the ruins. :eek: I agree about eating the sandwich prior to the tour. Can you say Montezuma's revenge?

I bring a laptop to offload the pictures and then upload from there to the hosting site.

My camera uses a rechargeable battery. I bring two batteries, so have one as a backup, but have never needed. My camera can take hundreds and hundreds of pictures on a single charge. I recharge the battery in my cabin at night.

Hope this helps!

See my comment in red within your quote...

It helps tremendously! I have never traveled with a laptop and to download the daily photos onto it make a lot of sense to me. Now about security.

It brings up another question about the laptop. How do you safeguard your laptop aboard the ship, while you are out of the cabin or off of the ship? I wouldn’t think you would carry it everywhere you go each day do you? Like I said I have never traveled with my laptop yet.

Do you use the shipboard WI-FI? If so, how does that work and how expensive is it?

Thanks again,

Don

It brings up another question about the laptop. How do you safeguard your laptop aboard the ship, while you are out of the cabin or off of the ship? I wouldn’t think you would carry it everywhere you go each day do you? Like I said I have never traveled with my laptop yet.

I'm glad you asked that as I was wondering too. When we were on our last cruise we arranged to stay in contact with our family through Facebook. I checked for messages twice a day in the morning and evening in case there was something come up at home we needed to know about before we got back. Naturally, a couple of times, people would pass by me in the internet area on their way somewhere else and make snarky comments about how they didn't understand why people would come on a cruise then spend time on Facebook (Not directed right at me, but to their companions loud enough so I would hear. Cowards). I decided that next time I would bring my laptop so that I didn't give in to the urge to punch someone.

See my comment in red within your quote...

It helps tremendously! I have never traveled with a laptop and to download the daily photos onto it make a lot of sense to me. Now about security.

Do you use the shipboard WI-FI? If so, how does that work and how expensive is it?

Thanks again,

Don

I'm glad you asked that as I was wondering too. When we were on our last cruise we arranged to stay in contact with our family through Facebook. I checked for messages twice a day in the morning and evening in case there was something come up at home we needed to know about before we got back. Naturally, a couple of times, people would pass by me in the internet area on their way somewhere else and make snarky comments about how they didn't understand why people would come on a cruise then spend time on Facebook (Not directed right at me, but to their companions loud enough so I would hear. Cowards). I decided that next time I would bring my laptop so that I didn't give in to the urge to punch someone.

I leave the laptop on the desk. Never a problem.

You could put it in a suitcase and lock the suitcase. There are other security options - pull the hard drive out and lock in the safe. Perhaps there is somewhere you could attach a Kensington lock.

Safes aren't big enough for most laptops. You could pull the hard drive out and lock it in the safe.