Majesty of the seas for kids

midgepink

We have travelled on independence and oasis of the seas with our children aged 14 & 5yrs but this year we are holidaying to Florida to do the Disney parks etc but started looking at a small 3/4day cruise for a little relaxion. We are looking at the Miami cruise on majesty to Bahamas but I'm concerned that there isn't anything to keep the kids occupied for a couple of days, I know that they have been spoilt with the two previous cruises as there was lots for them to do, can anyone let me know if they've cruised on the majesty and if you think this could be a mistake and we should look at another cruise? Just wanted to know if theres many children on the ship? Many thanks

Majesty is one of their oldest ships, and it's pretty well known that those shorter cruises are a lot of heavy partying passengers. I'm not sure it will be the relaxing cruise that you desire. Will there be enough for kids? Probably, but just know that this ship is nowhere near the likes of Oasis or even Independence. It's just too old of a ship to provide all that.

For the younger one, the kids programming will be pretty similar and that should not be a problem.

What has your 14YO done on your previous cruises? Did he/she really partake of the whole nine yards - flow rider, zip lining, skating, etc. or did they deal more with the social stuff. There will not be all of the bells and whistles but will likely be lots of other kids on board.

As others warned though, you may discover that this may be a rowdier cruise than you may be expecting.

thanks guys/girls for the advice, were now looking at extending our holiday by a couple of days so we can sail on one of the other ships as the flowrider is a must ive just been informed. cant wait x

Lol - well that flowrider IS pretty cool ;)

And if you have the flowrider then you have the ice skating rink, the rock climbing wall, the promenade (and parades through them), the H2O zone with the movies above them and MY personal favorite - the adult solarium with the cantilevered hot tubs that hang over the side of the ship.

Geesh - after typing all of that now *I* want to go too! :D

Archived