Need help info on GS 1600 on Brilliance

I have always wanted to book cabin 1600 on the Brilliance of the Seas. It seems perfect - a suite on the stern, and side on Starboard as well. At least that is what the deck plans look like.... But I searched and found pictures showing while it has a longer balcony on the stern, the starboard opening doesn't show- it is behind a walled corner and also that is where they store the window cleaning equipment:confused: Next to the GS 1600 is a Jr suite with double sliding doors/AND a door to the balcony, and the port corner is a junior suite with better set up than the Grand suite....:(

IF ANYONE has seen this suite or knows more about it, PLEASE post some information. I already realize it is below outdoor Windjammer sitting area, but if the location and suite itself is great, I can live with a little chair moving noise.

Thanks for any help!

Debra

We've been in this cabin on the Jewel (sister ship). I can honestly say, I'd rather have any GS on the ship besides that one. I thought the layout was horrible and the balcony was smaller than the other GS balconies on the same ship. I personally would take the JS 1100 before GS 1600.

Karen

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! The deck plans make the suite look perfect, even two balconies! And the JS is much less $$ of course in price for the same features in that location....

I will take 1556 on the hump instead. I had that GS last year - quiet and great location.:D

I'm lucky I found you so quickly - thanks again!

Debra

We've stayed in 1100, and much prefer that over 1600. The 1100 balcony is actually more spacious. 1600 is laid out much differently than any other GS due to it's corner location. There is only 1 balcony, and it's crowded with furniture. In 1100, we actually had very little noise from up above.

We were invited to a party in 1600 on Brilliance. The occupants had been upgraded to it. Our thoughts were that it was dark as there are no windows on the starboard wall side. The only light came in tnrough the balcony door which was tucked tight into one corner.

I woudn't turn it down if upgraded to it but certainly would not choose and pay for it.

Karen

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! The deck plans make the suite look perfect, even two balconies! And the JS is much less $$ of course in price for the same features in that location....

I will take 1556 on the hump instead. I had that GS last year - quiet and great location.:D

I'm lucky I found you so quickly - thanks again!

Debra

That's a great choice - I like 1556 for the light and 1060 for the giant balcony. I

posted some pictures of 1600 on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/91263992@N04/. The chair that was in the entry in 2005 is gone now. And it's pretty dark with only the single sliding door.

We've stayed in 1100, and much prefer that over 1600. The 1100 balcony is actually more spacious. 1600 is laid out much differently than any other GS due to it's corner location. There is only 1 balcony, and it's crowded with furniture. In 1100, we actually had very little noise from up above.

What he said. If you can live without the full suite perks, 1100 is the best cabin for the money that I've stayed in.

Archived