Quick question on Mariner status

Lessa123

We will be doing a back to back Collector's Cruise on the Westerdam departing 2/24 ... CAN'T WAIT and it's getting close! :D

We will reach our level 2 Mariner status after week one.

My question is, will we be 2 star mariners on the second leg of the cruise? How do we go about getting that official (and access to the discounts)? Is there something we have to do or is it automatic or will it be on our next cruise?

OK, that was a bunch of questions about one question but inquiring minds want to know ;)

Thanks bunches,

Debbie

Collectors Cruise is considered one cruise while b-to-b is considered two cruises.

You should not expect to get the benefit of next star level until the first cruise you take after achieving the new level.

HOWEVER, we have read here where people have gone to Front Office, requested benefit of the new level and on occasion it has been granted.

You can ask..... nothing to lose.

Congratulations on achieving (almost :) ) Two Stars.

We will be doing a back to back Collector's Cruise on the Westerdam departing 2/24 ... CAN'T WAIT and it's getting close! :D

We will reach our level 2 Mariner status after week one.

My question is, will we be 2 star mariners on the second leg of the cruise? How do we go about getting that official (and access to the discounts)? Is there something we have to do or is it automatic or will it be on our next cruise?

OK, that was a bunch of questions about one question but inquiring minds want to know ;)

Thanks bunches,

Debbie

<We will reach our level 2 Mariner status after week one.>

I hope it works out for you!

After my first cruise I got enough days and OBC that I will be a 2 star mariner after my next cruise very soon. I am excited about that as I can tell that you are. Sadly I looked at the next level and now know it will not come quite as easily.....:(

Sorry -- but you won't be recognized as a 2 star Mariner until your next cruise.

From HAL's site:

QA.jpgIf I become eligible for a higher benefit tier while onboard, when can I take advantage of the additional benefits?

For all cruises except Grand Voyages, your elevated benefits will take effect on your next Holland America Line cruise. If you cross a star level threshold while on board a Grand Voyage (based on days sailed), you will be upgraded to your new star level for the remainder of that voyage.

These are the benefits for being a 2 star Mariner which will happen on your next cruise:

2starMariner.gif2-Star Mariner

Collect 30 Cruise Day credits and you’ll be elevated to a 2-Star Mariner, which entitles you to:

• Welcome Back Embarkation Lunch in the dining room (from 12:00pm to 1:30pm) as well as a complimentary Mariner Champagne Brunch
  • A collectible gift presented to you on board
  • A complimentary photo of the ship
  • A 10% discount on Holland America Line logo clothing sold in onboard signature shops (may exclude already discounted merchandise)
  • A 15% discount on merchandise from www.shophollandamerica.com
  • A free subscription to the print or digital** version of Mariner magazine
  • Offers to special sailings hosted by a representative of the Mariner Society
  • An annual cruise planner
  • Special offers

Please let us know if they grant you the benefits for your second week. It will be helpful information for others in the same situation.

HAL's website statement notwithstanding it does sound like, if previous postings on other threads here are accurate and there's no reason to believe they've not been, there's a consistency issue. Unfortunately there's nothing new about that.

HAL's website statement notwithstanding it does sound like, if previous postings on other threads here are accurate and there's no reason to believe they've not been, there's a consistency issue. Unfortunately there's nothing new about that.

:) Agreed.

Agree -- for once HAL is consistent on something.

Quite a few people here have reported that they did not get their new level of benefits until their next cruise.

Agree -- for once HAL is consistent on something.

Quite a few people here have reported that they did not get their new level of benefits until their next cruise.

Haven't some said they talked the front desk into getting the new level during a cruise? Maybe not or maybe I'm confusing the ability to change status during Grand Cruises? I know I crossed my 2-star to 3-star level during a cruise, like technically the second or third day of a 10-day cruise, and I didn't try or even think of approaching the front desk or Neptune Lounge concierge about changing my status.

My memory is the same as yours, Randy.

I am sure I have read that some people talked the front office into granting the Star Benefits at the start of their second cruise segment when on Collectors Cruise though according to the rules, they should not have.

Archived