Carnival vs RCI for 4 day?

MsConfetti

I want to plan a 4 day cruise from Galveston for my Mom for her birthday and I am stumped. I've only cruised Carnival, but am curious about RCI so on a whim I did a search. Voila- same itinerary, same general time frame of departure and within $100 in price to each other. Carnival would be on the Triumph which I have sailed on and enjoyed. RCI would be on Navigator of the Seas.

WWYD? And yes I know I am asking this on Carnival's forum, but I know many of you dabble in other lines so figured I'd get the best guidance here :)

I want to plan a 4 day cruise from Galveston for my Mom for her birthday and I am stumped. I've only cruised Carnival, but am curious about RCI so on a whim I did a search. Voila- same itinerary, same general time frame of departure and within $100 in price to each other. Carnival would be on the Triumph which I have sailed on and enjoyed. RCI would be on Navigator of the Seas.

WWYD? And yes I know I am asking this on Carnival's forum, but I know many of you dabble in other lines so figured I'd get the best guidance here :)

Never been on either ship, but would bet the Navigator will be nicer, with more to do onboard.

Tom

I would do RCCL if I were you. Variety is good and since you have already sailed Carnival and the Triumph, I say go RCCL. You will enjoy either one but I go in favor of trying something different.

I agree with the others.Go for Royal Caribbean

Well birthday girl wanted Carnival so that's what I booked. Thanks for the input guys, maybe next time I will give RCI a whirl :)

Did anyone on the Royal board suggest Carnival? :D I know that you didn't ask there, but my guess is that we would have had a RARE event: both boards would have overwhelmingly recommended Royal!

Tom

Did anyone on the Royal board suggest Carnival? :D I know that you didn't ask there, but my guess is that we would have had a RARE event: both boards would have overwhelmingly recommended Royal!

Tom

No I didn't, I would have liked to try Royal but for a 4 day and where the main event is making my Mama feel like a queen on her birthday I deferred to her. I got a balcony with FTTF for much less than I would have paid for something similar on Royal so I figured if the name of the game was making her feel like she's being pampered then this was the ticket! Royal and I shall meet another day, I hope. I've got many cruising years ahead of me :D:cool:

I saw where Navigator is doing some four days. We considered it, but wanted to visit Progresso on our next cruise so we could visit Uxmal. If it wasn't for that I'd do Navigator in a heartbeat.

ETA: I replied before reading that you chose Triumph. You''ll have a great time either way.

Archived