Per cruise spreadsheets please

Missed this for our spring cruise and just booked a November cruise. If its not too much trouble, could I request the file too! :-). Sesrandall@yahoo.com. Thank you so much in advance!!

Hi! I have now uploaded the Excel document. Go up to post #171 and you should be able to get the full document there. If you can't access it, let me know and I'll be happy to email it to you. :)

Edited by Sherri914

Hi! I have now uploaded the Excel document. Go up to post #171 and you should be able to get the full document there. If you can't access it, let me know and I'll be happy to email it to you. :)

Thanks, Sherri, sorry that I missed that. I was waiting in the doctor's office and was using my phone and didn't read through all of the posts. This looks really great (and quite similar to my own) and I appreciate you sharing it!

Sue

Sherri914, I just sent you an e-mail requesting the doc. Looking forward to receiving it soon! Thanks :D

I do what I call a Quick Facts card that we print and laminate. Does come in handy. Here is a picture of one, but not sure how to add the spreadsheet itself?

i-HRKBDWb.jpg

I REEEEAAALLY like the way this is laid out. It's especially good to distribute to everyone when you have a big group of folks traveling with you, since all of the pertinent info is listed on one card. I'd love to be able to create this kind of thing myself, but I am creatively challenged. How did you accomplish this via computer? Do I need special software on my laptop?

Sherri914- thank you for the great packing & detail lists.

Just an FYI for anyone trying to get them as excel spreadsheets- I was able to save them as excel spreadsheets on my desktop by opening the pdf, clicking save as, spreadsheets, excel (it then formats it back into the original spreadsheet.)

Happy Sailing!!!

Sherri914- thank you for the great packing & detail lists.

Just an FYI for anyone trying to get them as excel spreadsheets- I was able to save them as excel spreadsheets on my desktop by opening the pdf, clicking save as, spreadsheets, excel (it then formats it back into the original spreadsheet.)

Happy Sailing!!!

Hi All. I was able to upload the actual Excel files to Cruise Critic. There is a link in Post #171 above. Because CC won't accept .xlsx format, I converted my originals into an older version of Excel (.xls) and the document can be found in Post #171. And as always, I'm happy to email if that doesn't work. :)

I REEEEAAALLY like the way this is laid out. It's especially good to distribute to everyone when you have a big group of folks traveling with you, since all of the pertinent info is listed on one card. I'd love to be able to create this kind of thing myself, but I am creatively challenged. How did you accomplish this via computer? Do I need special software on my laptop?

I liked this layout as well. So I patterned the first page of my Cruise List after the info contained on this very layout :D

Once that information is entered, some of the info (Ship name, Sail date, etc) will be used to auto-populate other pages in the workbook. :)

I did not create this but you can create one using Excel or Numbers. The pictures/logos can be found on the Internet and then you would use the copy and paste function to add them to the spreadsheet.

• 2 weeks later...
I am a planning nut. I have an Excel workbook that I use to organize myself and my DH before each cruise. It is broken down into several spreadsheets (tabs).

Tab #1 is the oh-so-important PACKING LIST, organized by suitcase and carry ons (mine vs. DH). The items are color-coded (his are blue, mine are pink) and for items that I still need to purchase before the cruise, I click the "to-buy" column and it sends that item to a separate spreadsheet (tab) called "SHOPPING LIST". Since I tend to lay the open bags in our guest room and begin the packing process over the course of a month before a big cruise, having the list there is helpful. I can check things off as I put them into the bags.

As for the SHOPPING LIST, I have an alert set on my calendar to check my shopping list at 3 months and again at 2 months prior to cruise to begin looking for any items that still need to be purchased.

Another tab on my cruise organizer is the ONBOARD TIPS list. This is very helpful when cruising on a large ship with so many options. The tips list includes all the dining and activity venues as well as whether there are fees involved, if reservations are required, best viewing places for outdoor shows, secret spots, all sorts of CC tips that I gather from lurking in the months leading up to a cruise.

My TO DO tab is my reminder to do things like setting dining or show reservations, making payments, booking excursions, prefilling Rx's, notifying bank of international travel, etc.

The last tab on my cruise planner is my SCHEDULE. Just prior to leaving, I fill in the blanks on this document and print it out in triplicate (because we always end up changing something after we get on the ship). It's a glimpse of the entire cruise itenerary. It includes any dinner / show / activity reservations we've made at a glance on one page. It also contains our Hotel, Flight, Travel Insurance, and Transfer information and all emergency phone numbers for TA, cruise line, hotel, etc.

Of course, all that is subject to change once we step foot on the ship, but it's good to at least have something to go by. And for me, planning the vacation is half the fun!

Thanks so much Sherri!! I'm going to share with my Roll Call too!

Edited by Darkster

Hi. I'm taking a trip out of NOLA. How do you find out the entertainment that will be on the ship and the places that you made need to make a reservation at?

Also, what about the "secret" places you can watch a show?

This is only my third cruise and I feel like a rookie!!

I'm an organizer and this information would definitely make me a happy camper!

• 1 month later...
sherri914

Where do you find all the info about your cruise at?

The entertainment that will be on the ship that needs a reservation.

The restaurants? The secret places? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Hi!

I'm so sorry it has taken me a month to reply to you. I have been in cruise planning mode lately. We leave in just over one month. I rely heavily on these boards to find info on my next cruise, whatever that may be. I search out reviews, copies of cruise compasses (Royal Caribbean leaves these in your cabin each day on board, other lines probably call them something else), look at the port threads for advice on private excursions as I rarely book thru the cruise line, etc. As for the ship's entertainment, on Royal you can email them and ask for the name of the performers on your particular sailing. They are under contract for set periods of time, so close to your sail date, they should be able to tell you who will be performing. On the Oasis class of ship, you can pre-book your preferred show times using their online reservation system. I don't know if other lines offer this or not. But my biggest source of information is reading these boards!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Since several more have requested my cruise planning spreadsheets recently, I am posting the workbook in its entirety here. I know some, for whatever reason, can't access the google docs link posted earlier.

Cruise Critic doesn't accommodate the latest version of Excel, which is what I use, so I have converted them to the older Excel version and attached them here. :)

Happy Cruising to all of you,

Sherri

Cruise List (BLANK).xls

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...