weather?

stran

what happens if you check the weather reports and its gonna storm and rain the entire trip...guess ur SOL if you didnt get the insurance? cant even transfer to another week or anything?

What ports are you sailing to ?

Captains will alter course to avoid major storms/hurricanes etc. You will usually find that each port calls for rain each day, but they are usually short lived 'sprinkles' that last 10 minutes and move on. :)

Not something I would stress about.

You go, wish for the best but be prepared for the worse.

Both of our prior Oct cruises, we encounted a Tropical Storm or Hurricane. We missed Grand Cayman both times. On the Legend we received and additional Sea-day and on the Inspiration, we were rerouted to the port of Pregreso in lieu of GC.

Just roll with it. Bring a good book and some travel games in case you hit a rainy day or two. The entertainment staff does try to add additional games and such on days where using the Lido or heavy rain in ports keep passengers inside.

:)

Is STILL better than a good day at work LOL - any vacation is what you make of it - and of course I have to heed my own opinion as it looks like a 60% chance of rain in Nassau next Friday - I'm sure I can find plenty of stuff to keep me busy!

i love being onshore during rainy, cloudy days while on a cruise. it isn't like the rain is cold or there is thunder and lightning or heavy winds all day long. what's a few rain drops when your snorkeling or diving, your wet anyway. or driving around sight seeing with a vehicle roof over your head, drive fast enough and you wouldn't even get wet in a convertible. i've zip-lined during a sudden storm, rode horses, water skiied, rode bikes. its all part of the fun.

#1. Ships move, they are not stationary. Storms are local events (even hurricanes)

#2. It always rains in the Carribean someplace. Rain does not hurt. It is only an inconvenience. Raincoats cost as low as $0.99 at the dollar stores.

I agree with the rain poncho suggestion. They take up little room in the suitcase going, and for that price, they are disposable.

However, rethink any excursions you might be taking. On one "tropical garden" excursion we took after some rain, several people slipped and one person fell on the wet and muddy paths. It was hard to enjoy the scenery when you were spending so much time watching your feet. If you cancel or change excursions before you leave, you could get your money back. After you board, not so much.

what happens if you check the weather reports and its gonna storm and rain the entire trip...guess ur SOL if you didnt get the insurance? cant even transfer to another week or anything?

You wear your rubbers and put up the umbrella, just like you do at home. Or hang indoors.

This year weather has been so unpredictable. If you change your cruise you do not know if the weather will be better and could be worse. We were in a tropical storm one time in January and we still tell the story of the waves hitting the top of the ship. We met lots of people from all over and on the rainy days we played cards with people on the cruise.. Go and have fun.

I have always heard once you are past St Thomas it rains for a little bit.

Just think of all the people who booked ski trips this year and did not get as much snow...

Have fun!! Being on the ship is enough to put a smile on..

I've had rain at least one day on my last three crusies.

Freedom - rained most of the day in Jamaica

Glory - rained the day in Halifax

Victory - rained in St. Lucia

We got wet. Still proceeded to go out in port and had a great time.

If it is raining it must be Halifax! Happened to us last June on Glory also. :(

Yep, you're SOL and insurance wouldn't cover the situation you're questioning?

You insured the cruise, not the weather. The cruise ship sailed, ergo, nothing to file an insurance claim against.

try reading next time :|

i didnt say anything bout file an insurance claim or anything...

i was trying to ask if carnival would be willing to reschedule...

anyways the weather report in cozumel shows 40% and 15mph wind :(

first cruise and was definately lookin forward to that port..

im a supervisor at my company so its hard taking days off so if i can reschedule a week later it would be better

i was just curious on what the policy was.

im a supervisor at my company so its hard taking days off so if i can reschedule a week later it would be better

Don't be so thin skinned. You asked if you would be SOL,,, I answered yes.

You asked about insurance, I politely informed you that insurance wouldn't be an option just because its raining in your favorite port.

Don't really care what your job title is. It's immaterial to to the situation.

Don't be so thin skinned. You asked if you would be SOL,,, I answered yes.

You asked about insurance, I politely informed you that insurance wouldn't be an option just because its raining in your favorite port.

Don't really care what your job title is. It's immaterial to to the situation.

guess i read your post wrong..the only reason i brought up insurance is i was jsut curious if that would cover it and i just read the faq and its not.

Its actually raining at all 3 ports lol...

i just brought up my job title cause its hard for me to take off and when i do take off id prefer to make the best of my vacation and was just curiouis if it was psosible to rescheduel but i guess not unless iwanna eat 800 bucks :eek:

I shall jsut try to make the best of my cruise

The short answer, no.

You didn't say when your cruise is, but I gather that if you know the weather forecast for your port, you are within 10 days of sailing. More than likely, your cruise is already sold out and perhaps the next one as well. Even if there is still availability on the next one, Carnival will not allow you to re-schedule based on probablity of rain. Think about it, if everyone on board wanted to do this, then the cruise would be empty - and cruise ships always sail full or nearly full. The only way out at this point is to cancel. Their policy is a no-cancellation without penalty after final payment and a 100% loss of payment if canceled within 14 days of sailing.

To ease your mind, the weather for my last cruise had a 60% chance of rain for the day we were at Cozumel. It did rain briefly in the morning (a very warm rain - no lightning) and had stopped before we even got off the ship. The rest of the day was nice and sunny.

You are going to the tropics. Rain is common - like nearly every day common. But mostly, unless it is a big system, the rain bursts only last a little while and then are gone.

Archived