How do you feel about the new change in RCI's tipping

knicksak2

How do you feel about the new automatic tipping for RCI  

702 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the new automatic tipping for RCI

• For it!!
    • Against it!!

I agree. It will affect service as it happened already on the other lines we cruised. There is no incentives for the crew to be more personable.

Look what happened to MTD. Why bother if you know that tips are paid and you will not see these people next night?

Mandatory disclaimer: we always pay the tips and always pay extra on top of it. But the level of service IMO definitely declined with auto-tipping (at least from our experience on other lines).

I disagree.

If service suffers, individuals will not receive "excellent" on the COMMENT CARD and then the individual will suffer.

The COMMENT CARD rules and is a far more powerful tool for assignments than tips or WOW cards.

Can I agree with you both?

Gratuities are about maintaining service levels. I agree 100%, the comment card is a very powerful tool on RCCL, but it does lose it's effectiveness if you have 7 different waiters on a cruise. Your stateroom attendant becomes the only constant RCCL employee you deal with everyday.

I hate that gratuities form, but since we don't do MTD, I'll miss the connection to gratuities. If a waiter has a brain cramp one night; I am on vacation, I don't want to stand in line to revoke his gratuity. (lazy :D) We have been fortunate that we have always dealt with RCCL employees that we have given additional TIPS above the norm.

Both the comment card and a gratuity are necessary to maintain the service levels we have come to expect on RCCL. If 'Aldeya' has expirience with declining service levels on other lines, it's common sense for me to believe. For the smart employee, that comment card, may become the ONLY review process leading to better assignments, promotions, as 'beachnative' has pointed out.

My 5 cents.

I always found the tipping thing a joke. It's a clever way to hide the REAL cost of the cruise. Add the cost to the cruise fare and be done with it. It's like the airlines charging for luggage. Just bump the price up $50 and stop nickle and dimming us.

I AGREE raise the price and stop playing games with the real cost of the cruise. :confused: :mad:

• 8 months later...

Since the new pre-paid gratuity policy has been in effect, does anyone have actual experience on how the service level has changed or not changed?

I like the idea of having my expenses paid up front, but I am concerned how this will effect service when the gratuity has already been paid.