Leaving for FP in 30 days...I Can't Concentrate on Anything!!!

josassoc

My husband seems to be completely at ease, and not thinking about our Tahitian vacation next month at all. I, on the other hand, can think of nothing else!!! I can't concentrate, I keep looking for my cruise tickets, I want to buy new luggage, I've already shopped for clothes, I'm trying to tan in advance to beat any sunburning. AAARG!!! Why is it that 30 days takes soooo long to pass when a vacation is coming up!

I know this board is full of my "compadres" who live for their cruise vacations. Since I can't commiserate with my husband, and everyone I try to complain to around me tells me to zip it (obviously they're not invited to Tahiti!), I'm posting here.

Just venting!

I know how you feel, and my cruise isn't until October! I love this forum and the Tahiti Explorer. I've bought guide books. Just try to enjoy this time of anticipation because as soon as the trip comes, it will soon be over. They all fly by! I think it will be a trip of a lifetime!

Hang in there!:)

I figure one day, on a cruise (maybe Tahiti), I'll just get off the ship to look around and decide to stay for good. Vacations do go too fast...that's why this year we're traveling for 14 days, instead of 7. 7 days is never enough for me, and I always dread coming home. Hopefully, this time I've be tired of vacationing and ready to go back to reality after two weeks....doubt it!!

My husband seems to be completely at ease, and not thinking about our Tahitian vacation next month at all. I, on the other hand, can think of nothing else!!! I can't concentrate, I keep looking for my cruise tickets, I want to buy new luggage, I've already shopped for clothes, I'm trying to tan in advance to beat any sunburning. AAARG!!! Why is it that 30 days takes soooo long to pass when a vacation is coming up!

I know this board is full of my "compadres" who live for their cruise vacations. Since I can't commiserate with my husband, and everyone I try to complain to around me tells me to zip it (obviously they're not invited to Tahiti!), I'm posting here.

Just venting!

Its ok.. Just breath.... :)

Count 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, ...........................

Start packing your bags, and just think how soon 30 days will be here... !!!!! It will make the days go by so much faster.

I think we have all been in your situation... It sucks but it will ge here soon... Dont worry... ;)

Vent all you want!!!!

Well, 30 days is better than 60, which is what we have until our cruise on the TP. It is true that part of the fun is planning and shopping and packing and waiting, since once the vacation begins, you are that much closer to it ending.

As for a two week vacation, I find it a lot easier to go back to reality than after a one week vacation. At least for me, it usually takes a couple of days to just decompress and begin enjoying myself, so if the entire vacation is only one week, it is not nearly enough. And, not that I am that eager to go back to reality, and work, but after being away for two weeks, at least I do not feel cheated.

By the way, my husband is exactly as yours is. He will take no part in planning or the pre-trip jitters. He just waits until I tell him to wake up, get dressed and head for the airport, or something. He is an avid vacationer, just not a planner and an anticipator (is this a real word?).

Anna

josassoc,

I was the same way you are now but I think I started 2 mos. ago!! We'll be on the ship Mon. Not only have I been packing and repacking for 4 wks but I've also been reading all I can here at CC. Met several people in rollcall and that has saved me cuz they're just as anxious as I am. I also check out the 10 day weather forecast everyday and the webcam sometimes twice a day. Now I'm in panic mode that I may have forgotten to pack something:eek: . This trip is all I can talk about. My family is just kicking into excited mode since we're now under a wk to go. Taking off for LA in 4 days!

Hope you enjoy your anticipation time as well as the actual cruise. Sweet cruise dreams until your sailing.

Di

We're leaving on July 9th and staying Moorea for four days before the cruise. I've seen your roll call, and it seems your family and mine are the only CCR's on this cruise. By the way, I have started packing...but my concern is how we're going to manage packing for a 14 day trip and manage to get everything into four bags (two each) under the weight limit of 50lbs each. Also, we'll be dragging these bags over to Moorea on the first day and I'm not too keen about getting on a teenie plane to travel there from the airport. So, I figured we'd be going over the ferry. But again, we've got to drag these bags. I'm not sure if I'm make too big a deal of this dilemma...or should I "suck it up" and make a reservation on the teenie plane to Moorea after we land in Tahiti.

I leave on Saturday for the PG and my excitement has turned into anxiety! I have been looking forward to this for months and have carefully planned out everything i intend to pack, even creating a spreadsheet of each day's activities and what to wear each day and evening. (yes, i'm a freak!) But now it's time to pack it all and I hope it all fits in my suitcase! Now I just want to be on that plane and out of here!

JulieMac

josassoc:

it does seem like we are the only ccrs on this cruise!

We are doing a 2 day pre cruise in Papeete-I figured that the flight was so long that we should go for as long as we possibly could! I am lucky since we are 3 of us, we can take plenty of luggage. I am a really light packer (i firmly believe in the laundry service!) but my husband is a huge overpacker!

I would take the small plane-it is such a short flight that it should be fine-and dragging all the luggage on the ferry is going to be a pain!

I cannot wait to go! This is my first time in FP and I hear it is fantastic!

Do you have excursions booked?

Nancy

OK. When I heard the spreadsheet idea, it actually sounded good to me. But, my second thought was that I was being ridiculous...and I can just imagine my husband's reaction to that idea. However, since we have two "takers" to the idea, I gonna do it too. I'm usually not such a follower...

I already have my spreadsheet well underway and I'm not going for 9 more months. I'm already obsessed with Tahiti. My husband says he's more concerned about checking in to the condo at the beach on Saturday.

I told him I finished that planning months ago and I'm on to bigger and better things!!!! I've finished planning for the October cruise as well, so....... I've been obsessed with cruising in general for a while, but French Polynesia is almost overload and there's so many choices!!!!!

Love to hear reviews from you guys when you return!!!!

Laura

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. Did spreadsheets for myself DH and 2 daughters. I thought I was being obsessive!! There is something about this destination that makes it more exciting than any other I've been to so far. Just sounds like paradise no matter what you do there. Getting palpitations just thinkin about it.

On my way in 3 days!!!!!!:D

Di

Doesn't everyone do spreadsheets?:o Since I am a financial guy, everything is done with spreadsheets. I use them mainly for keeping track of the daily schedule and excursions; but it is really nice for doing you money estimates for each day. That way you know how much you will need to have in US$ and CFP so you don't get stuck short.

Doesn't everyone do spreadsheets?:o Since I am a financial guy, everything is done with spreadsheets. I use them mainly for keeping track of the daily schedule and excursions; but it is really nice for doing you money estimates for each day. That way you know how much you will need to have in US$ and CFP so you don't get stuck short.

No.. NOt everyone... I still dont know how to use Excel...

But its a great idea.. idea.gif

Spreadsheet users UNITE! It's great to know others use this method too! I may be obsessive and meticulous, but planning is sometimes half the fun! (ok, maybe not HALF, I mean we're taking about Tahiti here. Absolutely nothing is as wonderful as THAT!)

JulieMac

Spreadsheet users UNITE! It's great to know others use this method too! I may be obsessive and meticulous, but planning is sometimes half the fun! (ok, maybe not HALF, I mean we're taking about Tahiti here. Absolutely nothing is as wonderful as THAT!)

JulieMac

I'll drink a Hinano to that!! :D

Actually, after I did it, it didn't seem so silly afterall. I have my flight arrangements (two different flights to get there), hotel confirmation, cruise info, shore excursions, etc. all laid out!!! I knew I had planned these details pretty thoroughly, but putting them down on a spreadsheet made it all clearly put together. I haven't forgotton anything!!! I THINK...

I'm still trying to figure out how this translates to reducing my packing load. I sincerely overpack for vacations, and I'd rather not drag too much luggage around Moorea before the cruise (4 days there in advance of the cruise).

Lisa

PS: My spreadsheet is even color-coded for land (beige) and sea (blue) days!! Cool, huh?

one suggestion, which we are going to take to heart next time, we will pack less and use the onboard laundry service. it is very affordable, and the less space you use for clothing, the more stuff you can buy to bring home with you :).

Archived