Debarking in Civitavecchia

jewels89

I am booking transportation from the port to Rome City Center and the form I am filling out asks for a pick up time. Originally I had 1030 am now I'm re-thinking it.

Based on your experience, what is the best pick-up time to tell my transportation to be there?

Thanks in advance!

Last April we ended our TA in Civitvecchia after a VERY nice TA on the Mariner of the seas. Ship docked about 6AM as projected, we had a nice breakfast and left the cabin about 8AM. Down to a lounge, 10 minute wait for port authority to finish final clearing and it was about 10 minutes walk out through bag pick-up and customs clearance. Our ship had previously left a port in the EU and we did not have any Immigration process to go through. Less than 30 minutes after leaving the cabin we were sitting in a small transport bus headed to FCO, Rome airport. We will repeat this year again on the Navigator of the Seas de-barking in Civitavecchia again on April 28th. I am expecting to clear the ship, hop on the free shuttle to the port gate, walk 6 blocks to the Train station and catch the 10:53 TrenItalia headed North to La Spezia to connect with Friends that afternoon. Check out the distances on Google maps and plan accordingly.:)

I don't think you should have any problem, I seem to remember that as being an early arrival.

By the way, the term is "disembarking"; "debarking" is what they do to a log when it arrives at the lumber mill. :D

dis·em·bark

verb \ˌdis-əm-ˈbärk\

Definition of DISEMBARK

transitive verb

: to remove to shore from a ship

intransitive verb

: to go ashore out of a ship

: to get out of a vehicle or craft

— dis·em·bar·ka·tion noun

Definition of DEBARK

: disembark

— de·bar·ka·tion noun

See debark defined for kids »

Origin of DEBARK

French debarquer, from de- + barque bark (ship)

First Known Use: 1654

So, actually, debark is closer to its point of origin.

Anyway, moving on. :rolleyes:

I was on the Mariner in June at Rome and got off the ship at 8.45. Had no problems and it was quick. I got the RCI's shuttle to the airport as I was traveling with father who can't walk so far. If I was on my own, I would of got the train as RCI charged us £116 per person for the privelige of the return trip. :(

I don't think you should have any problem, I seem to remember that as being an early arrival.

By the way, the term is "disembarking"; "debarking" is what they do to a log when it arrives at the lumber mill. :D

never heard the term debarking til I came on CC and have been cruising since I was 14 and am now a senior,it sounds more like something you do to a noisy dog!

I disembark.

Another dictionary quote also says disembark has French origins from 1582 so you pays your money and takes your choice.

My apologies...

None expected or needed. As Flip Wilson used to say, "The devil made me do it". :p

Rome is an amazing city; the ancient city even more so, when you realize that they did all that without modern equipment. At the Colliseum, be sure to find the vendor tent selling the book "Rome,Then and Now". It is a pictorial of the existing ruins with overlays of what the total structure looked like. Very striking.

Archived