RSVP MSC Divina 2.15.14

bradpole

Oh good, virgins! I see a sacrifice in the offerings!

There are always alot of first timers on the cruises and it really adds to the great mix of passengers. I know on my first cruise meeting guys who had sailed before and the information they so warmly passed on ensured I had a terrific voyage. Now I've added to the virgin list as I have convinced my younger brother to experience RSVP for the first time on the Divina cruise. Also I saw alot of guys on my Oosterdam RSVP Alaska cruise booked to sail whilst on board in last month to take advantage of the offered discount. I can't wait to see my brother have a ball. I am doing a pre cruise on the new NCL Getaway sailing the 8th Feb a week prior as part of my job as a travel agent. So I will jump off one ship and on to the next at the port of Miami on the 15th Feb. Woo Hoo bring on the New Year.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

First time cruisers, Keith and Mike here. We are from New Hampshire, 34 and 33. Can't wait for Feb. Is there a decent, non-expensive hotel near the harbor to stay at? ...We've also never been to Miami :)

Welcome Keith and Mike! Lots of virgins... yummy! :D

Have you been to Ft. Lauderdale before? It is only about 30 minutes away and I think it has a lot more to offer for the gay traveler than Miami does. We always stay with a friend in Ft. Lauderdale when in that area so I can't help much with hotels.

For any other cruise or RSVP questions, fire away here and I am sure someone will be able to answer it.

Hi everyone,

First time cruisers, Keith and Mike here. We are from New Hampshire, 34 and 33. Can't wait for Feb. Is there a decent, non-expensive hotel near the harbor to stay at? ...We've also never been to Miami :)

Glad to see you found this thread. I agree with Bowtie that you might want to try Fort Lauderdale. Check airfare too, often Lauderdale is way cheaper the Miami. We have a condo in Lauderdale and will be there a few day prior to the sailing. There are lots of gay guest house in Fort Lauderdale. Inn Among the Flower is very nice but there are many other too.

Looking forward to meeting all new first time RSVP cruisers.

Dan

Glad to see you found this thread. I agree with Bowtie that you might want to try Fort Lauderdale. Check airfare too, often Lauderdale is way cheaper the Miami. We have a condo in Lauderdale and will be there a few day prior to the sailing. There are lots of gay guest house in Fort Lauderdale. Inn Among the Flower is very nice but there are many other too.

Looking forward to meeting all new first time RSVP cruisers.

Dan

I think many of the gay guest houses have a minimum number of days stay during the winter months.

I think many of the gay guest houses have a minimum number of days stay during the winter months.

Yes, they usually do. But there are many reasonably priced hotels according to what I have seen posted on CC. Tgat said, it is always a good thing to travel to the departure port a few days beforehand, especially in February.

i am flying into fll a few days early and out of mia.

My partner Jack and I are doing the samething. We are flying USAirways from PHL to FLL Wednesday evening Febuary 12 and returning out of MIA back to Philly on Febuary 22.

This past Febuary a lot of guys missed the ship because of a snow storm hit the Northeast on the Thursday evening into Friday morning prior to our RSVP Eurodam sailing. The Eurodam departed two hours late to allow for as many as possible to make the ship.

Rarely do we fly the same day as a ship sails, even in nice weather months. Too many things that can go wrong with air travel now days. Better safe than sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a Q & A for Richard E. Sasso, President and CEO of MSC Cruises USA, on the CC message boards recently. I took the opportunity to inquire about the possibility of MSC offering the drinks packages on the RSVP charter.

This was his response:

“When the ship is chartered, it is up to the charterer to determine if they want to offer packages.”

I guess the ball (or Highball, in this case!) is in RSVP's court now.

We booked our fights! :)

That is great. Booked ours a couple months ago. Flying into FLL the Wednesday before for three nights at our condo in Lauderdale. Flying back day cruise ends out of Miami to PHL.

It will be here before we know it.

There was a Q & A for Richard E. Sasso, President and CEO of MSC Cruises USA, on the CC message boards recently. I took the opportunity to inquire about the possibility of MSC offering the drinks packages on the RSVP charter.

This was his response:

“When the ship is chartered, it is up to the charterer to determine if they want to offer packages.”

I guess the ball (or Highball, in this case!) is in RSVP's court now.

I asked that same question to the MSC rep that was available on the Eurodam in February during the onboard bookings. Good to know they are giving the same answer nearly 8 months later!

I asked that same question to the MSC rep that was available on the Eurodam in February during the onboard bookings. Good to know they are giving the same answer nearly 8 months later!

One of the questions I have been asking of both MSC Reps. and RSVP is if passengers who booked a Yacht Club Cabin are going to be allowed to have guest from other categories come up to the Yacht Club area. I keep getting mixed answers. Reps. from MSC say no but I did say it depends on the arrangement RSVP made with the Charter. I brought up the subject with RSVP's President this past summer and he said since he didn't sign off on the charter he didn't have an answer for me. He said he would check it out and get back to me. I have heard nothing yet.

Dan

I'm looking at maybe booking a 3night cruise Dec7-10 on the DIVINA to check out the ship. It would be an inexpensive winter vacation break, plus it would also give me some insight to the layout of the ship and how they might be catering to us on the February cruise. I'm sure there will be some differences between MSC, Holland America and Princess.

Fun times are always instore no matter which ship the RSVP men are on!

688049027_MSCDivina_Starring20in20The20Caribbean.jpg.f9915826681ac90401c8fbd8d4e89053.jpg

Edited by Cruising since 1984