RSVP MSC Divina 2.15.14

bradpole

We aren't supposed to book e and espiration dateanything until we get the Cruise Vacation Guide email from RSVP.

Just read on the RSVP facebook page that the Cruise Vacation Guide will be sent in the next couple of hours. I agree, Peter, that it is probably best to register once that email is received.

I did find (in peeking at the registration process) that the person registering on line has to have all the passenger information for everyone staying in the stateroom. This includes passport number, date of birth and the issue and expiration dates of the passport.

Good luck to all the cruisers that have a room share with someone they may not know.:confused:

I went online to try and book Excursions and was very surprised to see many have already SOLD OUT.

Also, I really wanted to book a Cabana for the day on Great Stirrup Cay as it was listed on the document supplied by RSVP as an option. However, it is not even an option on the MSC website. Does anyone here know about this? I ended up booking the last clamshell because I really want a chill out place with some shade that day.

It appears that space is very limited on many of these excursions. Or, did 100's of people really book today?

I went online to try and book Excursions and was very surprised to see many have already SOLD OUT.

Also, I really wanted to book a Cabana for the day on Great Stirrup Cay as it was listed on the document supplied by RSVP as an option. However, it is not even an option on the MSC website. Does anyone here know about this? I ended up booking the last clamshell because I really want a chill out place with some shade that day.

It appears that space is very limited on many of these excursions. Or, did 100's of people really book today?

Yes, it was surprising how quickly excursions sold out. I turned to the excursion list one day after booking and already a number were sold out. I ended up getting what I wanted (more or less--I was undecided between two tours on St. Maarten and one was sold out, so that made up my mind for me). I did not get an excursion on San Juan because I am tempted to just see the city on my own (I've been there twice before) and I suspect I won't have the option of changing my mind later on.

I hope this does not mean that specialty restaurant reservations and spa reservations will be hard to get or unavailable once on board (I did not want a full spa package, only one or two sessions). I was unable to get Yacht Club because I am not an alumni (which may have been good, because it saved me some money) and now the quick sell-outs of various options is continuing -- not a good sign.

Edited by flag fan

Yes, it was surprising how quickly excursions sold out. I turned to the excursion list one day after booking and already a number were sold out. I ended up getting what I wanted (more or less--I was undecided between two tours on St. Maarten and one was sold out, so that made up my mind for me). I did not get an excursion on San Juan because I am tempted to just see the city on my own (I've been there twice before) and I suspect I won't have the option of changing my mind later on.

I hope this does not mean that specialty restaurant reservations and spa reservations will be hard to get or unavailable once on board (I did not want a full spa package, only one or two sessions). I was unable to get Yacht Club because I am not an alumni (which may have been good, because it saved me some money) and now the quick sell-outs of various options is continuing -- not a good sign.

How can you tell that the excursion is sold out? I don't see it on the list or description but when I tried to reserve I get a server error. :(

How can you tell that the excursion is sold out? I don't see it on the list or description but when I tried to reserve I get a server error. :(

I went to the MSC website (USA version) and at the top the tag for On Board Services led to a page to reserve reservations after checking in. They are listed by port. In the right hand column there is an indication of how many openings are still available and some are listed as "SOLD OUT". I just tried to access the site to check if my memory was correct, but I couldn't access it; it appears to be down for now--I got the service error too. Hopefully, they will fix it soon.

Edited by flag fan

I went to the MSC website (USA version) and at the top the tag for On Board Services led to a page to reserve reservations after checking in. They are listed by port. In the right hand column there is an indication of how many openings are still available and some are listed as "SOLD OUT". I just tried to access the site to check if my memory was correct, but I couldn't access it; it appears to be down for now--I got the service error too. Hopefully, they will fix it soon.

It's fixed and online now. I wish they would have opened excursions on a specific time/date; not all of us stayed glued to our computers all weekend to register as soon as we got the email. In addition the system issue hampered the ability for some to book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's fixed and online now. I wish they would have opened excursions on a specific time/date; not all of us stayed glued to our computers all weekend to register as soon as we got the email. In addition the system issue hampered the ability for some to book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yaaaayyyyyy. Excursions booked. :o)

After being away for 3 weeks on a Pied Piper group I have just finished catching up on this topic. A lot of reading, and I did skip some postings. Looks like this cruise is going to be a great one. Now I need to go find RSVP's Cruise Guide.

We saw Leslie Jordan on our first RSVP cruise in 2005! It was the funniest show I have seen yet, but he also brought emotional tears to your eyes. So happy to have him back! (Although I heard he performed at The Blue Moon in Rehoboth Beach and created quite a hissy fit stir that they said they would never have him back here!).

We saw him twice last winter in Fort Lauderdale. One night in Alibi for a warm up for his full show the following night a Bill's Filling Station. Funny but same old jokes if you have seen the show he did on TV. Hopefully he update his material.

Hello Friends...

This will be our first RSVP cruise. We are very excited, but also don't know what to expect for the parties…. Gold, Glow, Heart Dance…all pretty simple and sound like a ton of fun. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated. Does everyone go all out? And, the door decorating…sounds like fun. Can't wait to meet all of you guys and gals. :)

Shane and Mike

We saw him twice last winter in Fort Lauderdale. One night in Alibi for a warm up for his full show the following night a Bill's Filling Station. Funny but same old jokes if you have seen the show he did on TV. Hopefully he update his material.

I wonder if his business associate Benji will also be on the cruise.

Hello Friends...

This will be our first RSVP cruise. We are very excited, but also don't know what to expect for the parties…. Gold, Glow, Heart Dance…all pretty simple and sound like a ton of fun. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated. Does everyone go all out? And, the door decorating…sounds like fun. Can't wait to meet all of you guys and gals. :)

Shane and Mike

Welcome, Shane and Mike!

For the parties some people go way out with elaborate costumes, some just minimally and others don't do anything for the theme. (And then there are the folks that will wear a sarong/harness/underwear no matter what the party theme is!)

One year for the Lime Green tea dance a guy showed up with a lime on a string around his neck (he also had pants on). Then there are group outfits - we had about 40 guys from Cruise Criutic in lime green sarongs for that party.

You can get an idea what to expect by checking gaycruisepctures.com for party pictures, door decorations and also a preview of the ship.

Error, error, error...I just want to book excursions, not buy healthcare or anything like that :D

It is really pretty bad that the MSC cannot get their S**T together and keep their website up and running! Been trying to book excursions for several days now and keep getting error messages. Arrrrgh!