Teenagers aboard the Independence!

Tink78

My son will be 13 when we sail, I believe there is lots for them to do. Any tips for me to ensure my son has a great time and gets all he can from his experience will be greatly appreciated :)

Becky

I have teens and mine loved the cruise and we are all counting down the days until our next cruise! :confused: I am not sure that I have EVER read about a teen NOT enjoying themselves. And definitely come on over to royal's boards, as well as your meet & mingle boards. The MM boards helped me scope out how many other kids my ages were going on our cruise. :cool:

Freedom class ships are great for teens, especially if he likes physical activities. One of the easiest places that my son made friends was at the Flowrider. The entire sports deck is a natural for joining in with new people, and since everyone at any particular activity instantly has something in common, it is easy to start a conversation. Once you get waivers for him complete(easy on line before sailing), he can easily be on his own for most of the day.

Archived