Getting off early?

jeo_la

We are taking the NCL POA cruise in June, we will be spending the next week in Kauai. If we get off the boat at Kauai, and don't re-board is there a fee or penalty?

We are looking to save the flight cost from Honolulu to lihue.

Thanks

We are taking the NCL POA cruise in June, we will be spending the next week in Kauai. If we get off the boat at Kauai, and don't re-board is there a fee or penalty?

We are looking to save the flight cost from Honolulu to lihue.

Thanks

Given that this cruise doesn't leave the state of Hawaii, I wouldn't think so. Make sure to contact NCL about this now though and may want to talk to the guest services desk again once you're onboard.

I believe you will confront the Jones Act with a closed loop cruise not being fulfilled.

I was wondering about that but under the Jones Act, vessels that transport cargo or passengers between two U.S. ports must be U.S. flagged, U.S. crewed, U.S. owned and built. I thought NCL was given permission to sail foreign-built ships under a U.S. flag in Hawaiian waters.

Doesn't the POA satisfy those requirements so the Jones Act wouldn't apply in this situation?

Thanks, I don't see how it would be any different if we "missed" the boat, like I've seen happen in other ports. But want to ensure we don't start a missing persons call either.

That's why I suggested talking to NCL. Don't want to keep everybody else at port waiting for you to return when you're not coming back.

As for the PVSA (not the Jones act), it's a US flagged vessel. Doesn't apply.

That's why I suggested talking to NCL. Don't want to keep everybody else at port waiting for you to return when you're not coming back.

As for the PVSA (not the Jones act), it's a US flagged vessel. Doesn't apply.

Good point, which week in June are you going so I can be prepared for a delay in leaving to see the Na Pali coast. Please tell them in advance.

I don't get why you would want to get off the ship based on the average price per day per person, this cruise is extremely expensive for obvious reasons.

You can fly from Honolulu to Kuaui for about $200 tax in pp.

Also you will miss one of the highlights of the cruise that being the sail by Na Pali Coast.JMO

Thanks for all the feedback, as far as the Nepali coast, I've already seen it ( twice) and it is beautiful, but not worth going back to Honolulu, getting off the boat, getting a taxi ride, and paying for five people to flights to the island we are going to spend the next 7 days at.and we will most likely end up with cap'n Andy on a cruise around the coast during the week.

On the past 3 NCL cruises we have been on, I've never seen them delay cruise time for late passengers, and in fact have seen a few waiving frantically at the boat as we shoved off only to be left watching.

I will check with ncl and see what they say, but I was hoping someone else had done this.

On the past 3 NCL cruises we have been on, I've never seen them delay cruise time for late passengers, and in fact have seen a few waiving frantically at the boat as we shoved off only to be left watching.

I have. In Hawaii funny enough. We went down to one of the side railings on deck 6 to watch the ship push away from the pier. Ship didn't leave when it was supposed to. There was a ships officer down on the pier who looked none too happy. Finally some woman came running out of the terminal building and onto the ship. Followed by the officer and then the gangway.

Archived