Carnival Victory now has live Caribbean band

Bashlin

I thought they always had live music, just not for very long?

It was replaced by a DJ, but thankfully Carnival listened to us and are bringing the live bands back.. At least for the Caribbean cruises

Sent from my Galaxy 3S

Big thumbs up for Carnival moving fast on this one! Feel a lot better about our cruise to Jamaica knowing the Lido will be rocking!

mesu4e4a.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy 3S

OMG... soooo excited... I will be on the Victory in less then 2 weeks... can't wait to see the band on the lido deck.. and hang out with the paino player... :):)

This is good news! I'm sailing on Victory in October so hopefully they'll still have 'em.

'Course, with my somewhat barbaric music tastes I'd prefer a metal band (and not the 'steel' sort), but somehow I doubt that will be happening. Maybe on cruises out of Norway or Sweden? :D

Definitely exciting news. A live band playing Caribbean music is definitely a good thing. I hope this report is true, and I hope that Carnival really is bringing this back to all its ships, at least in the Caribbean. There is nothing wrong with DJs, but a live band on Lido is definitely preferable, especially for sail away and on sea days.

Hope they have it on the Freedom by April.

Is the band a duo or a four man band, If the band is a duo then the band's name is probably Caribbean Ecstasy and they may be on the ship only until May. I've known one of the guys in that band for 20 years.

Is the band a duo or a four man band, If the band is a duo then the band's name is probably Caribbean Ecstasy and they may be on the ship only until May. I've known one of the guys in that band for 20 years.

They were on our Fascination cruise in November and really made our time on Lido enjoyable. We really missed them when we were on the Legend last month!

They were on our Fascination cruise in November and really made our time on Lido enjoyable. We really missed them when we were on the Legend last month!

Yep, That was probably Caribbean Ecstasy because they were on the Fascination. I believe the reason they are on the Victory is because it has not gone through the 2.0 ugrade yet. After the up grade then there will be DJ's on the ship or maybe not ,I do not know but that is what I've been told .

Yeah! Im sailing on Valor (same Vistory itinerary) in May, hopefully we will get a live band! Thanks for the news!!

I was thinking this morning, with the Triumph incident, (My opinion) Carnival is either going to have major cutbacks, or they are going to really step it up, hoping to gain faith and attract passengers. Hoping for the latter! :)

Hi, I was on the Victory Feb 4th sailing out of Miami.They did have a duo live band on the lido deck each afternoon. I honestly was thinking "what was everyone talking about on CC, they do have live music!" So I guess it is unusual to have? It was fun, gave it a real Caribbean feel. Everyday when we came back to ship from the ports they were playing. A lot of Bob Marley, very enjoyable!

Hi, I was on the Victory Feb 4th sailing out of Miami.They did have a duo live band on the lido deck each afternoon. I honestly was thinking "what was everyone talking about on CC, they do have live music!" So I guess it is unusual to have? It was fun, gave it a real Caribbean feel. Everyday when we came back to ship from the ports they were playing. A lot of Bob Marley, very enjoyable!

That's awesome! Do you remember a band on the pomenade deck also? Think it's deck 5..?

Sent from my Galaxy 3S

Archived