Gem Question - Answer needed quickly

marcruiser

About to book a cruise on the Gem. Need to know about the bathrooms. Ok, this sounds strange, but on the Jewel bathrooms have sliding doors by toilet in every category except Inside. DH has very long legs and is not a small person. Always have to do inside on Jewel because of doors. Long question, short, Are there sliding doors in the bathrooms on the Gem separating the toilet from the sink area? Thank you so much.

We were in an Aft Facing Balcony Cabin when aboard the Gem. In that cabin category, the bathroom had the sliding doors next to the toilet area. However, I am not certain if that is the case for the inside cabin categories.

The Jewel, Gem, Jade, and Pearl are of the same design "Jewel-class" ships. I've been in balconies and oceanviews, and the toilet stall has a sliding glass door.

On the Pearl insides (and I assume her sister ships), there is no door between the toilet and the sink area. There is a sliding door for the shower

On the Pearl insides (and I assume her sister ships), there is no door between the toilet and the sink area. There is a sliding door for the shower

Sorry my mistake that OP only interested in inside stateroom. Here's someone's picture of bathroom for other categories (balcony) where toilet stall does have partition and sliding door, and all the Jewel-class ships have the same basic design.

Agree. The picture I posted above shows no door between the toilet and sink.

Our kids had an inside on the Gem and there was no sliding door between the toilet and the rest of the bathroom. Unlike our balcony, which did have the sliding door, but it was transparent :confused: so I don't see the point of it.

Our kids had an inside on the Gem and there was no sliding door between the toilet and the rest of the bathroom. Unlike our balcony, which did have the sliding door, but it was transparent :confused: so I don't see the point of it.

I agree, what is the point of the transparent door between the toilet and the bathroom? I have never closed that door all the way. You would think all the bathrooms would be typically the same set-up. Some may be a little larger, but set-up the same way. Go figure....... :confused:

I agree, what is the point of the transparent door between the toilet and the bathroom? I have never closed that door all the way. You would think all the bathrooms would be typically the same set-up. Some may be a little larger, but set-up the same way. Go figure....... :confused:

Yes, the inside cabin's bathroom actually felt roomier. My kids got a chuckle out of the fact that their bathroom was "better" than ours. :)

Now on the Dawn, the balcony bathroom had an opaque sliding door which can come in handy when... er... well, no need to comment further. ;)

Archived