Is it bad idea to pre-book a taxi?

kitsVA

We are advised my the day sail company to book a taxi he recommended as it could get busy at port during spring break. We are arriving by NCL Epic at 8 am and need to be at Sapphire Marina by 9.

I prefer the idea of walking out the port and taking taxi as I can have control of my time. I can look around port area or just head to sapphire Marina early without trying to wait for scheduled time. Will there be long lines or wait for taxi?

It will be busy around the port and there will be a coordinator guiding everyone to several taxis. You won't really have any time to look around, you'll want to get right out and to Sapphire. If he gave you a particular driver to contact by all means use that as long as the price isn't alot higher. At least you'll know he's going there rather than stopping everywhere else first. Either way you should be fine.

Have a great daysail!

We are about 57. So, rest will also be book with same person. Since we are doing tandem sailing on 3 yachts we split into 3 groups to book vans:-) didn't want all of us to book in one vehicle as some families might make us wait for them.

Makes even more sense! Sounds like a great time!

Reminds me of excursions we've done with other couples we've met on TTOL, if you're familiar with that you coordinate meet and greets on islands and plan daysails as a group. That's with people you're just meeting so different from your excursion. Have a fun day - nothing quite like sailing on a beautiful day!

We are advised my the day sail company to book a taxi he recommended as it could get busy at port during spring break. We are arriving by NCL Epic at 8 am and need to be at Sapphire Marina by 9.

I prefer the idea of walking out the port and taking taxi as I can have control of my time. I can look around port area or just head to sapphire Marina early without trying to wait for scheduled time. Will there be long lines or wait for taxi?

Just returned from cruise. Went with daysail out of sapphire marina.Taxis waiting as you get off ship,$10pp{gov. reg}Grab taxi right away,Trini ,our driver made it to marina in 20 min& was waiting for us @3:30 after our excursion{we did not pay ahead for return trip}. Our excursion was @0900-1530. Return trip to ship takes longer because of schools letting out& beginning of "rush hour "traffic".

• 8 months later...
The price is very reasonable as we are large group. $15 per person roundtrip in a Van for 16 people.

Would you mind sharing the name of this operator, as we are looking for something similar for our trip to Sapphire Beach to board a sailing ship.

• 1 month later...
The price is very reasonable as we are large group. $15 per person roundtrip in a Van for 16 people.

Would you mind sharing the name of this operator, as we are looking for something similar for our trip to Sapphire Beach to board a sailing ship.

I know it has been a while since OP, but I would be interested in this as well.

We have a group of 12 and this would save us time and money.

Thanks.