Carnival Triumph return to action

PEL2024

I hope Carnival takes a long hard look at Triumph. We were on Triumph 5 years ago. It was a mess then too. I can't imagine what this ship is going to cost Carnival after all the attorneys line up to file suit. Sell it for scrap. That's about all she's worth.

I hope Carnival takes a long hard look at Triumph. We were on Triumph 5 years ago. It was a mess then too. I can't imagine what this ship is going to cost Carnival after all the attorneys line up to file suit. Sell it for scrap. That's about all she's worth.

First let me say, congrats to you being cancer free! I've had Hodgkins twice.

Now on to the Triumph. We've been on her a couple times in recent years and loved her and never had a problem. I would cruise on her again in a heartbeat.

As for this costing Carnival? Of course there is the costs that we already know are going to happen but, we'll see how all the suits unfold in the months and possible years to come but I have a feeling that people are going to be disappointed that they're not going to get rich from this. Some might be very sad with the amount of nothing that they get.

Triumph was degrading when we boarded, Destiny was in dire need as well. . The history involving mechanical issues with those ships will be full pages.

Ouch. It. Ain,t cheap. I thought no one was going to sail the triumph ever again. I don't see April 13 the but April 18th is still 439 for an I side o 689 for a balcony:( oh well their goes my dreams of a cheap cruise:p:rolleyes:

Don't give up. I'm sailing Triumph on May 20th, God willing,...and We have 5 cabins booked. We have all been able to get a lower price a couple of times since the fire. Of course, we check it just about everyday. LOL

We are booked for April 22. Hoping for 2.0 upgrades. Does anyone know if she has been drydocked?

We are also booked for April 22. Surely someone out there can at least tell us if she's still sitting at the port. If we at least knew that then we would know she's not in dry dock.

OMGoodness...............we were on her this past Nov, she was fine!

Most likely, the Triumph will not be drydocked. The only reason to drydock is to accomplish repairs to the outside of the vessel below the water line. The only reason I see for drydocking would be if they needed to cut a hole in the hull to remove/install a new diesel, or other large item that was damaged in the fire.

She will be going to "wet berth" in a shipyard, where all major repairs can be done. Will she be upgraded? Probably not, as this requires a tremendous amount of pre-planning and pre-staging of materials, and can't be ordered up overnight (or even in a couple of weeks)

There will be several days of clean-up in the guest areas by crew and cleaning contractors. The engine room repairs may be delayed by as much as a week as nothing can be touched until the investigators (Bahamas, USCG, and underwriters) sign off on collecting forensic evidence.

This kind of work is very difficult to predict, as repairs to the engine say, would allow it to be run, and then probems with the controls or the electrical wiring which was not detected until the circuit was live, will require further repairs. If it is just the one engine room, I think that 2 months should see her back in service, barring any unforseen problems.

Most likely, the Triumph will not be drydocked. The only reason to drydock is to accomplish repairs to the outside of the vessel below the water line. The only reason I see for drydocking would be if they needed to cut a hole in the hull to remove/install a new diesel, or other large item that was damaged in the fire.

She will be going to "wet berth" in a shipyard, where all major repairs can be done. Will she be upgraded? Probably not, as this requires a tremendous amount of pre-planning and pre-staging of materials, and can't be ordered up overnight (or even in a couple of weeks)

There will be several days of clean-up in the guest areas by crew and cleaning contractors. The engine room repairs may be delayed by as much as a week as nothing can be touched until the investigators (Bahamas, USCG, and underwriters) sign off on collecting forensic evidence.

This kind of work is very difficult to predict, as repairs to the engine say, would allow it to be run, and then probems with the controls or the electrical wiring which was not detected until the circuit was live, will require further repairs. If it is just the one engine room, I think that 2 months should see her back in service, barring any unforseen problems.

Excellent post

Archived