Boarding

STEPHEN LARKIN

Hi Guys

I am booked on a 3 night cruise with my father on Azura, we are old hands at cruising with other lines but are not familier with P+O. Can anyone tell us what boarding is like :

1. Do they send you a letter with a boarding time ?

2. Is it worth turning up early ?

3. We have a very early flight from Belfast , what is the earliest time that anyone can board ?

4. Can I book prioity boarding for my 70+ father ?

Any advise would by helpful guys, thankyou. :cool:

You may get a check in time but it means little. Checkin starts at noon and you can board straight after. Lunch is available in the self service.

Your father will not get priority boarding. However you can get assisted boarding, which is with a wheelchair, for anyone with walking difficulties.

Brian

If you are travelling on Azure it is likely that you will be using the modern Ocean terminal. You will get a boarding time but most people ignore this. My experience at Ocean terminal is that the check-in desks open soon after 11.30am and there are already a couple of hundred people there.

when you arrive at the terminal the porters will take your cases and you can procede inside. at the top of the escalator will be a desk where you will get a lettered card. They call the cards in sequence and while you wait there is seating, refreshments and toilets.

i am usually aboard the ship by 12.15 :)

As the others have said - a boarding time will be on your e-ticket, but if you have complicated travel plans just arrive when you can. Check-in opens at 11.30 and boarding starts at noon. Cabins are not usually ready until 2pm so you will have a couple of hours or so to spend in the public rooms before then. The Buffet restaurant will be open and drinks will be available.

Thankyou everyone, this helps a lot as we can now plan our day prior to arriving at the terminal.

This is the best cruise site in the world ! :cool:

We aim to please :) Have a great time.

Archived