Really Dumb Question about Luggage Tags

Dixieland Mom

I read through the forums and tried searching but couldn't find an answer. When I first printed out my cruise docs for our April 7th sailing on the Star, the luggage tags were Purple (with purple written on them) Today I went in to print out a couple more luggage tags and they've been changed to Blue (with "blue" written on them).

I should know the answer as to what the colors on the tags mean, but it's been several years since I've taken a cruise and I've forgotten. Any help is appreciated. I'm not sure whether to go ahead and print them out again or just wait and see if they change again! :eek:

I read through the forums and tried searching but couldn't find an answer. When I first printed out my cruise docs for our April 7th sailing on the Star, the luggage tags were Purple (with purple written on them) Today I went in to print out a couple more luggage tags and they've been changed to Blue (with "blue" written on them).

I should know the answer as to what the colors on the tags mean, but it's been several years since I've taken a cruise and I've forgotten. Any help is appreciated. I'm not sure whether to go ahead and print them out again or just wait and see if they change again! :eek:

Did you do a guarantee by any chance? If so, check to see if your cabin number changed.

Wait.

Since your cruise is not until April, you may find that NCL will send you a booklet in the mail (USPS ),

with cruise information along with printed color-coded tags.

Wait.

Since your cruise is not until April, you may find that NCL will send you a booklet in the mail (USPS ),

with cruise information along with printed color-coded tags.

Unfortunately, it is my understanding that they've stopped mailing the booklet with luggage tags unless you're in a cruise.

Unfortunately, it is my understanding that they've stopped mailing the booklet with luggage tags unless you're in a cruise.

Yes, I called my PCC and he said NCL does not send the pre-cruise packet anymore, because too many were getting lost in the mail.:rolleyes:

He told me to print out my own luggage tags.

Dixieland Mom, Have you signed up for the cruise roll call? We have a Meet and Mingle planned and are working on a cabin cruise and slot pull. We'd love to have you join the group.

Jane in Memphis who is also on the Star on 4/7

I did post over on the Roll Call! :D Can't wait to get on board and meet everyone. Looks like this cruise will have a lot of really awesome people to sail with! :)

So what happens if your room does change at the port (or it changes and you didnt remember to print new tags)? Will they just have to hunt them down for you at the new cabin?

How about if the paper print outs fall off(probably pretty frequently)? Im always afraid of this so i put two tags on each as well as some sort of business card to ID

So what happens if your room does change at the port (or it changes and you didnt remember to print new tags)? Will they just have to hunt them down for you at the new cabin?

How about if the paper print outs fall off(probably pretty frequently)? Im always afraid of this so i put two tags on each as well as some sort of business card to ID

The baggage porters at the board will have an up to date list and can also give you luggage tags.

Thanks for all the answers! Looks like its still the same stateroom number on it, so I'm not sure what the deal is with it. I didn't book a guarantee, which I usually do, because there weren't any left when I booked. :(

I'm leaving on the Star next weekend and you made me curious..I printed mine off a few weeks ago and they were purple...today they are blue like yours. I'm wondering why and if I need to print off the new ones instead...

Color doesn't mean much of anything. Room number and location are all that's important. We get the good tags because of being in a suite, however, last year forgot them and the baggage handlers have a master list and the "good" tags at the pier. No worry then about them coming off.

We put clear packing tape around the paper luggage tags. They're very strong then. We do put two on each bag.

I agree that the porters at the pier have up-to-date cabin assignment lists, and extra luggage tags if needed.

There was a lot of discussion on our last "Roll Call" about what to do with these computer printed paper tags. I put something together to describe what I do..... http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathycat102/8297380910/in/set-72157629269686228 Several people went on Amazon and ordered these clear plastic sleeves.... http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Tag-Holders-Set/dp/B005DFO530/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361710385&sr=8-1&keywords=luggage+tag+sleeves

Whatever you do, don't put the tags on your luggage until you reach your embarkation city IF YOU ARE FLYING. Would hate to see the airline remove the tags...

There was a lot of discussion on our last "Roll Call" about what to do with these computer printed paper tags. I put something together to describe what I do..... http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathycat102/8297380910/in/set-72157629269686228 Several people went on Amazon and ordered these clear plastic sleeves.... http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Tag-Holders-Set/dp/B005DFO530/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361710385&sr=8-1&keywords=luggage+tag+sleeves

Whatever you do, don't put the tags on your luggage until you reach your embarkation city IF YOU ARE FLYING. Would hate to see the airline remove the tags...

Love the picture! That's a great idea. I was looking at the tags on the Amazon link and it dawned on me we use those exact same tags for bag identifications at work! I'm going to see if the boss will let me purchase a few of them! We buy them by the case and they average out to about 25 cents a piece through our dry cleaner supply place. :)

I just spoke to a woman at Norwegian today and she told me that it didn't matter which of those two colors your tags are as long as they have the correct stateroom.

We use the luggage tag holders from favorsby serendipity. They are inexpensive, reusable and very stong.I've had mine for a few years and many cruises. Now i'm goiing to get their new cruise door magnets. So cute. Always wanted something for our cabin door, now i don't have to make it myself. Happy cruising!

We use the luggage tag holders from favorsby serendipity. They are inexpensive' date=' reusable and very stong.I've had mine for a few years and many cruises. Now i'm goiing to get their new cruise door magnets. So cute. Always wanted something for our cabin door, now i don't have to make it myself. Happy cruising![/quote']

I will have to check that out! I've been looking everywhere around here for some decent magnets, and either they are extremely ugly or they won't hold even a small business card to the fridge! :eek:

Thank you for the information! Happy Sailing!

Another contribution to the luggage tag production process....

This one is for the "Favorsby Serendipity" sleeve approach. Notice the video that pretty much explains it... http://www.*******************.com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder.html OPPS! GUESS YOU'LL HAVE TO GOOGLE THAT ONE BECAUSE CC BLOCKED THE ADDRESS 8-(

This one is on YouTube and shows a DIY approach. Similar to mine except for the method of attaching the tag to your luggage...

Of course there's always my approach for those of you who enjoy taking a DIY approach to the next level. Overkill but oh so much fun for people like me! :D Cruise Ship Luggage Tags

Another contribution to the luggage tag production process....

This one is for the "Favorsby Serendipity" sleeve approach. Notice the video that pretty much explains it... http://www.*******************.com/luggage-tags/cruise-luggage-tag-holder.html OPPS! GUESS YOU'LL HAVE TO GOOGLE THAT ONE BECAUSE CC BLOCKED THE ADDRESS 8-(

This one is on YouTube and shows a DIY approach. Similar to mine except for the method of attaching the tag to your luggage...

Of course there's always my approach for those of you who enjoy taking a DIY approach to the next level. Overkill but oh so much fun for people like me! :D Cruise Ship Luggage Tags

Actually Joe, The DIY approach in your photo would be perfect for us! I have a laminator that should fit 5-6 luggage tags on one page! Thanks for that visual, seeing how it was done makes a lot of sense! :D

Archived