Recommendations needed for tour

tiff123

We would like to see the following:

1. Brimstone Fortress

2. Black Rocks

3. Timothy Hill

4. Romney Manor

with a beach break at the end if possible.

Does anyone know which tour operator includes all of this?

Captain Sunshine's 360 St. Kitts tour looks interesting, but it does not specifically say that it stops at Brimstone Fortress, which is #1 on our list to see.

Thanks!

Tiff

1. Brimstone Fortress

2. Black Rocks

3. Timothy Hill

4. Romney Manor

Captain Sunshine's 360 St. Kitts tour looks interesting, but it does not specifically say that it stops at Brimstone Fortress, which is #1 on our list to see.

Thanks!

Tiff

www.thenfordgrey(dot)com

check out Thenford Grey - we had an awesome time with him in Dec! Brimstone Fortress was on my list , also- and tell him you want to be picked up at the bottom of the hill after-he will show you an easy path to follow and see some more ruins

Edited by jasminelee

Thenford's ''The Tour'' does not visit Black Rocks which then suggests you want to do a full circle tour of St. Kitts.

The full island tour which you can pay USD 20 per person at the port is a tour of the City with stops at Romney/Caribelle - 30 mins, Brimstone Fortress - 45 mins ( you pay your own entrance fee of USD 8 (adult price) and stop at Black Rocks and scenic drive around the island.

To go to the beach would be an extra charge on top; -

Frigate Bay - for 1 -4 persons roundtrip is USD 24

South Friar's as above round trip is USD 32

Cocklelshell round trip is USD 56

Just make sure you tell the taxi dispatcher you want to do all the stops on the island tour and they will put you in a taxi with others who want to do the same thing. Not everyone wants to visit Brimstone Fortress.

Most tour operators can customize a tour for you but the fee will be much higher.

You didn't say how many you have but she takes a minimum of 4 at $45 per person. She includes the entry to Brimstone Fort in her fee! It was a GREAT day, and she is a kind woman, her husband is a native there. Knowledgable and proud of her island! We only had 4 & no one else had requested, so the day was most excellent, and we ended our day on Cockleshell beach. We saw monkeys at Romney Manor and the beach, and they are super cute in the wild! :D. Enjoy your day. http://www.roseandjimstaxi.com/ourtours.htm

Edited by WaggesAZ
Forgot entry fees...

• 4 weeks later...
You didn't say how many you have but she takes a minimum of 4 at $45 per person. She includes the entry to Brimstone Fort in her fee! It was a GREAT day, and she is a kind woman, her husband is a native there. Knowledgable and proud of her island! We only had 4 & no one else had requested, so the day was most excellent, and we ended our day on Cockleshell beach. We saw monkeys at Romney Manor and the beach, and they are super cute in the wild! :D. Enjoy your day. http://www.roseandjimstaxi.com/ourtours.htm

would you know is she can take a group of 10 people in her vehicle?

I am tryingto reach out to her via her web site, but have not heard back from her just yet.

Is there anything else you can tell me about her tour?

thanks very much,

We had seven on our tour with Rose, and I'm pretty sure could have fit three more in her van.

We arranged our tour through Liz Periera, who is kind of a broker for local tour guides. Didn't pay any extra, so may be another way to try and reach Rose & Jim. But Liz would be able to custom-make a tour for you if Rose and Jim don't work out.

We highly recommend both of them.

I believe Royston covers all of what you want to see, and has a light lunch followed by a beach break. Not sure if you would want to get 10 in his van, but his cousin, Ashton, also runs a tour and possibly could fit 10 comfortably. Check out Royston Tours (e.g., on Trip Advisor) and see if it's what you want. Ashton uses an air-conditioned van and it sounds like his tour is the same stops but a little less "adventurous" than Royston. We enjoyed it, but it was pretty on the edge, in some cases literally, on some of the mountain roads.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe Royston covers all of what you want to see, and has a light lunch followed by a beach break. Not sure if you would want to get 10 in his van, but his cousin, Ashton, also runs a tour and possibly could fit 10 comfortably. Check out Royston Tours (e.g., on Trip Advisor) and see if it's what you want. Ashton uses an air-conditioned van and it sounds like his tour is the same stops but a little less "adventurous" than Royston. We enjoyed it, but it was pretty on the edge, in some cases literally, on some of the mountain roads.

I would second Royston. Loved his tour! You can email him and ask him to personalize a tour for you. He drove us all around the island and added two hours to the tour and didn't charge us any extra for it! I have pictures from his tour in my Victory Review in my signature line if you are interested!

thanks everybody for the advice.

I think I am going to go with Ian N. from Sugar Land Tours. He had some good reviews on cc and trip advisor.

If anybody has used him, I would love to hear your thoughts.

1. Brimstone Fortress

2. Black Rocks

3. Timothy Hill

4. Romney Manor

Thanks!

Tiff

Check out Sugarland Tours

• 3 months later...

I booked with Rose and Jim for my upcoming cruise. Rose quickly e-mailed me back with pricing. I told her the 4 of us wanted to visit the Manor, Fort, T-Hill, and Black Rocks. She wrote where to meet, and was flexible on the meeting time (9:15-9:30). I was told to pay after the trip. The trip is around 3 1/2 hours. Her fees included the price of admission into the fort. I will post pictures and a review in late September.

thanks everybody for the advice.

I think I am going to go with Ian N. from Sugar Land Tours. He had some good reviews on cc and trip advisor.

If anybody has used him, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Definitely a great trip! Ian was awesome! It was just my DW and I the entire day with Ian a/k/a The Lion King.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

Definitely a great trip! Ian was awesome! It was just my DW and I the entire day with Ian a/k/a The Lion King.

thanks for the good recommendation.

I feel a little better now.

I tried many times to reach Rose and Jim, but was able to connect with them.

Going with Ian - The Lion King.

thanks for the good recommendation.

I feel a little better now.

I tried many times to reach Rose and Jim, but was able to connect with them.

Going with Ian - The Lion King.

Have a great time! Tell him Luis from Chicago says hi!

certainly, if I remember. lol.....

just glad to hear a positive review (not that I heard any negative ones)

Has anyone every rented a car in St Kitts? Thinking it might be fun to your the island at our own pace. Any recommendations much appreciated.

Thanks.

I rented a car in St. Kitts. I originally booked with Bullseye, who confirmed my reservation, then called back a few days later and said that they didn't mean to confirm my reservation as they had no cars available. I then booked with Avis. Upon arrival, Avis advised me that they didn't have a car for me (apparently a "confirmed reservation" has no real meaning in St. Kitts). They advised me that Hertz had a car if I would pay $60 more than my confirmed price. I refused to do this, and they finally drove me to an auto parts store where I was able to rent an older car with a driver's side window that didn't work for close to the quoted price. I also had to pay $24 for a temporary St. Kitts driver's license, which was not mentioned anywhere in advance.

As far as the driving goes, you drive on the left - not particularly problematic after you get used to it. Driving in Basseterre and around Romney Manor was pretty hectic, but the rest of the island was easy. The island is beautiful to drive through. Leave some extra time upon your return as we hit a traffic jam trying to return the car in Basseterre.

We took tours of Clay Villa Plantation and Brimstone Hill fortress, and also stopped at Romney Manor, Black Rocks, and Timothy Hill. We covered most of the island. There were not a lot of dining options. We ate at Brimstone Hill Fortress.

I think that we covered more ground by driving at a lower cost than what we otherwise would have been able to on a guided tour. The cost to do everything noted above was about $75 each for two of us, including the car, license, gas, lunch, and admission fees - and we were out for the better part of 7 hours. There was a higher than expected "hassle" factor involved though. I would not recommend this if you get easily frustrated or nervous.

Edited by jzc8n4

My husband & I went with Royston two yrs ago when in St.Kitts. He was excellent! We took in all the highlights and was able to stay as long as we wanted at the fort. We picked up lunch and took it to a beach and were the only ones there! His van is does not have AC but with the breezes it was no problem at all. He also provided water and drinks. I highly recommend him!

• 2 weeks later...

1. Brimstone Fortress

2. Black Rocks

3. Timothy Hill

4. Romney Manor

Thanks!

Tiff

This sounds like something we would be interested in doing, however, we will be a group of 16. Does anyone know of a tour operator that could accommodate a larger group. We will be in St. Kitts in october of 2014.

This sounds like something we would be interested in doing, however, we will be a group of 16. Does anyone know of a tour operator that could accommodate a larger group. We will be in St. Kitts in october of 2014.

Contact Ian @ Sugar Land Tours .... he can definitely accommodate a group your size... he actually organized a tour for a group of 130 people. He privided a great tour. His email is fromthesugarland@hotmail.com.

Tell him Luis and Bernadette says hi!

HELLOOOOOO,

Well I forgot to say Hi to Ian for you, BUT, he said to me a the end of our tour, Luis from Chicago says hello. For a minute I had no idea what he was talking about, then I remembered this posting.

THANKS for the recommendation. He was fantastic....... I will be writing a short review on tripavisor for him.

Would use him again in a heartbeat.

Mitch........from NY.

HELLOOOOOO,

Well I forgot to say Hi to Ian for you, BUT, he said to me a the end of our tour, Luis from Chicago says hello. For a minute I had no idea what he was talking about, then I remembered this posting.

THANKS for the recommendation. He was fantastic....... I will be writing a short review on tripavisor for him.

Would use him again in a heartbeat.

Mitch........from NY.

Hahahaha.... I'm glad my recommendation was worth it! My wife and I are actually thinking of going back for our 1st Anniversary