Europa very late into Brisbane today

bazzaw

Due to weather??

Barry

Oh yes, very much so. We were on Aurora coming up from Sydney yesterday (Saturday), intially following Europoa which left Sydney a couple of hours before us.

During Friday night and Saturday morning, we were battling a Force 9-10 headwind (with occasional force 12 gusts when we passed through the front). We were also battling against the the East Australian Current. We were through the worst of it by mid afternoon. At lunchtime we were 3-4 hrs behind schedule, but we made about about 1/2 of that by the time we got to Brisbane.

Aurora handled the conditions much better, and we overtook Europa during the early afternoon. We were late in as well, but only about 1 1/2 late into Brisbane in the end. Our captain said Europa wasn't due in until 2pm.

Can anybody kindly inform me why this post - referring to the late arrival of the Europa into an Australian port has been moved from the Australian and NZ cruising Forum to the P&O UK forum???

Has P&O got a new ship??

Barry

Looks like it was moved back.

Thought that was pretty good that the Aurora captain mentioned it in his announcement. I didn't actually see Europa as the weather was pretty bad, but thought the delay may have been them taking a calmer route as well.

The big seas off the NSW/Qld coast would have knocked the Europa around, she is only a 28,000 tonner, 400 pax. Caters for the German market. Perhaps a few sick Germans on board. I would assume Aurora did handle the conditions a little better.

The big seas off the NSW/Qld coast would have knocked the Europa around, she is only a 28,000 tonner, 400 pax. Caters for the German market. Perhaps a few sick Germans on board. I would assume Aurora did handle the conditions a little better.

She certainly did. Not to say that it wasn't rocky, but for the size of swell and the conditions she was battling she handled them quite well.

I was also on the Aurora, we went out much further than normal and than Europa. Normally on the coastal trip you have mobile coverage, but we were much further out. The red spot was the Aurora, you can see the Europa further back.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361790973.215968.jpg.b39576cc393adacec171571585232d40.jpg

It may be relative. A lot felt the conditions on Aurora. I also saw the sales manifest for their seasickness tablets - and they went right UP on Saturday!

I noticed that the bags around the ship were labeled "Motion Discomfort" a much nicer term than sea sick bags ;)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361791389.530755.jpg.1ff209845a536d76ce2f06640d030622.jpg

I noticed that the bags around the ship were labeled "Motion Discomfort" a much nicer term than sea sick bags ;)[ATTACH]261997[/ATTACH]

The English have a way with words, how nice, 'Motion Discomfort.'

So what are they called on P&0 Australia...we all know that 'Spew Bags,' LOL.

I was also on the Aurora, we went out much further than normal and than Europa. Normally on the coastal trip you have mobile coverage, but we were much further out. The red spot was the Aurora, you can see the Europa further back.

[ATTACH]261996[/ATTACH]

Who's your carrier? We had Telstra reception most of the day on Saturday - as long as we were outside & on the port side of the ship!

I noticed that the bags around the ship were labeled "Motion Discomfort" a much nicer term than sea sick bags ;)[ATTACH]261997[/ATTACH]

Yes, I loved that, very discrete and very British :)

Archived