Best time to purchase August Baltic cruise?

Shappy

We were looking to go to the Baltic on the Emerald this August. When would be the best time to buy? Usually buy last minute so would like some help cause it doesn't look like there's any discounts now.

If we make a deposit, is it refundable?

Best time to buy is when you see a price you think is good.

If you put down a deposit, it is refundable before final payment time unless you booked it during a sale that had a non-refundable deposit, so read the small print.

If you wait until the last few weeks before this cruise to book it, you may find your self on a waiting list that does not clear. And the closer you get to the cruise itself, the higher your plane fares are likely to be.

Best chance for a lower price, assuming there are available cabins, is shortly after the final payment date when some booked passengers may have cancelled instead of making a final payment.

We have bought during sales in the past but now I am starting to think the best time to buy is as soon as you choose where and when you want to go. That way you will get the cabin you want and as the prices go down , if you alert your TA, your fare will be adjusted.

I'm having deja vu (or a senior moment): didn't you post this already? There's another thread asking this same question, and it was answered by a couple people. Look for it, it's on this page or page 2. I'm too lazy to look myself and link, but you can find it, I'm sure.

Archived