Breakaway angular balcony's

FIRELT5

I was just checking out the angular balcony's, CAT BD cabins 10876, 10896, 10276, 10296.

According to the recent photos from yesterday viewing, they do appear to be larger. The angular balcony's are also located in various Cats and Decks

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=279&pid=9126#top_display_media

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/8769-photos-norwegian-breakaway-float-out-scenes.html

Edited by FIRELT5

• 7 months later...
We just booked one of these angular balconies on the Getaway. I found this video on YouTube which shows the cabin and the balcony. This is on deck 12, but it looks to me like the room is the same size as the BC category that we booked.

Thank you for posting!! We have also booked an angled balcony (13836) on the Getaway in Feb '14. Based on my research of Breakaway I felt confident these were larger than the standard balcony which has gotten much conversation for limited size. Any additional sq footage in balcony without additional $ is a good value.

I also read that angled balconies with the forward view can be windy which certainly makes sense when the ship is in motion. So I was also pleased that ours is a aft facing angle which should prevent unwanted wind.

Thank you for posting!! We have also booked an angled balcony (13836) on the Getaway in Feb '14. Based on my research of Breakaway I felt confident these were larger than the standard balcony which has gotten much conversation for limited size. Any additional sq footage in balcony without additional $ is a good value.

I also read that angled balconies with the forward view can be windy which certainly makes sense when the ship is in motion. So I was also pleased that ours is a aft facing angle which should prevent unwanted wind.

We've booked Breakaway 13836 facing aft. Had 13778 facing forward until the aft-facing cabin became available. The wind issue was our concern, too. We had an angled balcony on the Epic facing aft, and absolutely loved it. it was larger than Breakaway angled balconies though. Just realized we are flying to New York in 13 days. Better get busy!!!:D

We've booked Breakaway 13836 facing aft. Had 13778 facing forward until the aft-facing cabin became available. The wind issue was our concern, too. We had an angled balcony on the Epic facing aft, and absolutely loved it. it was larger than Breakaway angled balconies though. Just realized we are flying to New York in 13 days. Better get busy!!!:D

I was in 13236 on Breakaway, which is the same cabin but on the Port side. The balcony was great...appreciated the extra size and the wind block. Had a great view the entire cruise.

I was in 13236 on Breakaway, which is the same cabin but on the Port side. The balcony was great...appreciated the extra size and the wind block. Had a great view the entire cruise.

Awesome!!! I am counting down the days now!! We were originally booked on the Getaway Feb 2nd Inaugural that was so infamously canceled for the Super Bowl charter. I was SO disappointed but after I had time to "get over it" and move on I was able to rebook the same stateroom category but better balcony and lower price than the inaugural was which makes me very happy!!! Funny how things usually work out for the best!!!

Awesome!!! I am counting down the days now!! We were originally booked on the Getaway Feb 2nd Inaugural that was so infamously canceled for the Super Bowl charter. I was SO disappointed but after I had time to "get over it" and move on I was able to rebook the same stateroom category but better balcony and lower price than the inaugural was which makes me very happy!!! Funny how things usually work out for the best!!!

No pun intended, but I was in the same boat (literally) that you were. I rescheduled for Feb 8th, which will now be the inaugural. Are you sailing on the 8th as well?

No pun intended, but I was in the same boat (literally) that you were. I rescheduled for Feb 8th, which will now be the inaugural. Are you sailing on the 8th as well?

No. We are booked for 2/22. I was gun-shy about the 8th sailing after the Super Bowl fiasco. Just felt more comfortable to wait a couple of weeks to make sure there were no more surprises!!

Sorry, do not mean to hijack post, but we booked cabin 13236 on the Breakaway the other day. Would you know if the inside cabins across the hall can come directly to this cabin or do they have to walk all the way around (cabin 13631)? Would it be better if we book our inside cabin down by the elevators (like cabin 13641) for closer access to us?

We are looking at the deck plan and it appears as if the hall is blocked. Didn't notice this until after we picked those cabins. Need your help, please :)

Any information you can share with us would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Tina

:):confused:

Edited by FEckeT
Adding remark

Sorry, do not mean to hijack post, but we booked cabin 13236 on the Breakaway the other day. Would you know if the inside cabins across the hall can come directly to this cabin or do they have to walk all the way around (cabin 13631)? Would it be better if we book our inside cabin down by the elevators (like cabin 13641) for closer access to us?

We are looking at the deck plan and it appears as if the hall is blocked. Didn't notice this until after we picked those cabins. Need your help, please :)

Any information you can share with us would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Tina

:):confused:

As you have guessed, all inside cabins on Breakaway open to the interior corridor, their doors are NOT across the hall from the Balcony rooms.

Cabin 13631 is going to be a long walk around...I would recommend changing to one of the insides near the elevators...it isn't that much of a walk.

PS....you will also have great seats on your balcony to catch the fireworks!

As you have guessed, all inside cabins on Breakaway open to the interior corridor, their doors are NOT across the hall from the Balcony rooms.

Cabin 13631 is going to be a long walk around...I would recommend changing to one of the insides near the elevators...it isn't that much of a walk.

PS....you will also have great seats on your balcony to catch the fireworks!

Thank you so much for your quick and informative reply. Sorry to bother you again, but can you please tell me if the bed is located near the balcony?

We did switch our inside cabin to one down by the elevators.

Also, would you happen to know if we can access the splash academy from deck 13?

Again, thank you so much.

:) :) :)

Tina

Thank you so much for your quick and informative reply. Sorry to bother you again, but can you please tell me if the bed is located near the balcony?

We did switch our inside cabin to one down by the elevators.

Also, would you happen to know if we can access the splash academy from deck 13?

Again, thank you so much.

:) :) :)

Tina

Yes...the bed is near the balcony in this room.

And yes...the entrance to splash academy is in the forward elevator lobby on deck 13.

We have 11294 aft facing angle balcony (port) on BA. This is the last bump-out before the aft. Will report back in December. :D I'm told the bed is by the balcony. I was hoping to see the fireworks from our balcony but getting conflicting reports on that. "We shall see" :)

Thank you again.

Hope we will like the bed by the balcony. I am sure we will. We are easy going, we enjoy everything.

:D

I actually preferred it...it opened up the sitting area in front of the TV. Plus you can easily get into the closet since the bed wasn't right up against it.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am booked on the Breakaway in May. We have just had a third person decide to join us and so we need to move to a larger room. We're considering booking a balcony but our only options are the BD category cabins on decks 8, 9, 10. Although it's not a lot of money I am wondering if anyone would tell me what they think of trying to fit 3 people on these balconies. If I got the option to get a bump out corner I would take it, but it still looks small for three. Thoughts? Thanks, Laurie

The cabin is the same size as all BDs. The angled balcony is a bit bigger. Hope you are not going to ask the third person to sleep on the balcony!!

I'm kidding!!!!!

Happy Sailing!

~robin and brian

(summertime jersey shore beach bums)

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Norwegian Breakaway 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc

Pick 8738, huge balcony. You could put 6 to 8 chairs out there.

Bonnie

Hi, I am booked on the Breakaway in May. We have just had a third person decide to join us and so we need to move to a larger room. We're considering booking a balcony but our only options are the BD category cabins on decks 8, 9, 10. Although it's not a lot of money I am wondering if anyone would tell me what they think of trying to fit 3 people on these balconies. If I got the option to get a bump out corner I would take it, but it still looks small for three. Thoughts? Thanks, Laurie

The cabin is the same size as all BDs. The angled balcony is a bit bigger. Hope you are not going to ask the third person to sleep on the balcony!!

I'm kidding!!!!!

Happy Sailing!

~robin and brian

(summertime jersey shore beach bums)

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Norwegian Breakaway 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Hi, the more I think about this the more I convince myself it's not worth it. I have never been on an NCL ship; we usually sail Princess and their balconies would fit 3-4 comfortably in most of the cabins I've been in so far. But this cruise we are going to Bermuda from Manhattan so it might be cold on a balcony during the trip down and back (May), and I'm not sure how much we'll use it in port. There are apparently no aft facing balconies available, which might have made a difference in size and temperature. Thanks, Laurie

Pick 8738, huge balcony. You could put 6 to 8 chairs out there.

Thanks Bonnie, interesting suggestion. I will have my TA see if it's available. Have you stayed in the room? I wondered about sound from the theater or from the clubs in the same deck? Thanks, Laurie

Hi, the more I think about this the more I convince myself it's not worth it. I have never been on an NCL ship; we usually sail Princess and their balconies would fit 3-4 comfortably in most of the cabins I've been in so far. But this cruise we are going to Bermuda from Manhattan so it might be cold on a balcony during the trip down and back (May), and I'm not sure how much we'll use it in port. There are apparently no aft facing balconies available, which might have made a difference in size and temperature. Thanks, Laurie

Book what you are happy with but keep an eye on the aft balconies often when final payment is due those cabins open up :D BTW 11294 had enough room on balcony for 3 just needed an extra chair. 3rd could sleep on sofa or in drop down bed over sofa. Hope this helps with your decision. We cruise with Princess too but I really wouldn't like 3 in any room:eek: unless it's a suite.

Sent from my XT907 using Forums mobile app

• 3 months later...