Updated CD Schedule

Amy Giard

Does anyone know anything about Malcolm Bum? He will be on the Splendor with us.

Malcolm was our CD on our Victory cruise. He say's Woo-Hoo alot. He's ok and does his job. He spoke with my dad [RIP Dad] and I for a while, Nice man off stage.

Haven't cruised Carnival in long while how is Butch Begovich?

He is our CD on the Breeze June 2

You will love Butch, he is awesome. He was the CD on the Dream in 2011 and IMO he is one of the best. He's very active and very approachable. He will be all over the ship hanging out doing fun stuff, you'll have a blast!!

Does anyone know anything about Malcolm Bum? He will be on the Splendor with us.

Malcolm must like NYC. He was our CD last year on our Miracle cruise out of NYC. We are on the Splendor out of NYC this year and he's the CD again.

We liked him last year. Pretty darn funny IMO. Probably the 3rd best CD we have had after John Heald and Weeeeee Jimmy (Ralph Valente).

Sent using my Commodore 64

Who is Brent Mitchell? Never heard of him...

We had Brent on 2 cruises aboard Destiny (2009 & 2010).

A fellow Canadian, he is OK, somewhat absent on Cruise #2, but found out from others on his team that he was under-the-weather with little to no voice.

Malcolm must like NYC. He was our CD last year on our Miracle cruise out of NYC. We are on the Splendor out of NYC this year and he's the CD again.

We liked him last year. Pretty darn funny IMO. Probably the 3rd best CD we have had after John Heald and Weeeeee Jimmy (Ralph Valente).

Sent using my Commodore 64

We had Malcolm Burn on our Miracle Cruise in November, 2011 - pretty funny guy ! It's my understanding that his hometown is Bronx, New York...guess he likes to stay close to home ;)

Jacques Delange?

I would also like to know about him! When Josh's schedule changed JH said we'd have Matt Mitcham, but now this new schedule says we'll have Jacques Delange!!! Can anyone tell us about him???

Haven't cruised Carnival in long while how is Butch Begovich?

He is our CD on the Breeze June 2

Butch is AWESOME. He's my favorite! Had him on the Breeze in January.

Who's sailed with Goose Newman?

Had Goose two years ago on the Valor. He is interactive, friendly, but he LOVES that loudspeaker. Fun guy, though.

Anyone heard of or sailed with Gary Brierly?

A good CD, IMHO, is one who has a lot of personality and/or is funny on stage & has a lot of activities planned during the week. They must not constantly make announcements trying to sell things, and keep them clear & short when they do come over the intercom. I don't care if they are ever out in public.

Seems like quite a few CD's we have gotten to know are now gone. Wondering what is going on.

I dont think that listing is correct.

If you look on November Josh is sailing on the Liberty and the Triumph.

anyone know what happened to Trevor Block?

We had him on the Fascination last January. I liked him alot.

Cory Rodgers was our CD this past January on the Miracle and he was always around and very personable.

Josh was my least favorite CD

We sailed with Goose out of Galveston on the Ecstacy when Hurricane Ike hit Galveston. This was a very difficult cruise for Goose. He had to deal with some very unhappy people and he handeled it very well. He was courteous even when people were yelling at him. I would not have been so nice and would probably been fired for telling some of those peeple off. It was a 4 day cruise that was supposed to go to Cozumel, but went instead to Vera Cruz and ended up as a 6 day ending in New Orleans. He was great.

I would also like to know about him! When Josh's schedule changed JH said we'd have Matt Mitcham, but now this new schedule says we'll have Jacques Delange!!! Can anyone tell us about him???

Anyone know anything about Jacques???

Anyone heard of or sailed with Gary Brierly?

A good CD, IMHO, is one who has a lot of personality and/or is funny on stage & has a lot of activities planned during the week. They must not constantly make announcements trying to sell things, and keep them clear & short when they do come over the intercom. I don't care if they are ever out in public.

We had him on the Conquest in January. I thought he was pretty good... happy sounding, funny enough, ran the Hasbro game show, Caribbean Beach Party-taught a dance to about 100 people, made limited announcements. He didn't seem to be out and about much, but maybe just not where I was. Activities were plentiful with trivia, digital scavenger hunt, bean bag toss, ice carving, hairy chest competition, men vs. women synchronized swim (men won,) and more.

I wondered sometimes if his enthusiasm was forced, not sure if it always felt genuine. But, for the most part, I was happy with him.

I think you will be happy. Enjoy your cruise!

We had him on the Conquest in January. I thought he was pretty good... happy sounding, funny enough, ran the Hasbro game show, Caribbean Beach Party-taught a dance to about 100 people, made limited announcements. He didn't seem to be out and about much, but maybe just not where I was. Activities were plentiful with trivia, digital scavenger hunt, bean bag toss, ice carving, hairy chest competition, men vs. women synchronized swim (men won,) and more.

I wondered sometimes if his enthusiasm was forced, not sure if it always felt genuine. But, for the most part, I was happy with him.

I think you will be happy. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks so much for the reply. He sounds like just what I like in a CD. Except for the forced enthusiasm - however I won't fault him too much for that. It must be really hard to come across genuine week after week. I've thought the same thing about other CDs and as long as it's not overly exaggerated or faked, I'm OK with it. (That's one reason it took me half the cruise to warm up to Butch - he's way over the top, but he grew on me!)

Archived