Inside Cabin & Claustrophbia

Ok, so we booked our first inside cabin for a FOS cruise coming up in 2 weeks. We are on deck 2. We've always done standard balcony rooms.

I thought I'd be ok with it, but now am starting to feel like my claustrophobia is going to get the better of me.

What tips do you have to make the room feel more open? It's just dh and I.

I know to bring a night light, but what else? I'm feeling a touch panicked already and am trying to keep calm.

Sister and mom are both booked in huge suites so I can spend alot of time in them so that helps, but when I read sister's balcony has more square footage than our whole room I kinda freaked out a bit, lol...

Thanks

I am very claustrophobic as well and have booked inside cabins about half the time. I only had 1 time that I had to get out of the room.

The key for me is to have nothing hanging around. Nothing on the couch, nothing but papers on the counter, etc.. this helps me for some reason.

I've never had to use a night light, the bathroom light, or the TV.

We are in the room to get ready for the day, get ready for dinner, and then to sleep.

Now the hallways when others are passing by close in on me and don't ask me to get on the elevator.

enjoy your trip.

Ok, so we booked our first inside cabin for a FOS cruise coming up in 2 weeks. We are on deck 2. We've always done standard balcony rooms.

I thought I'd be ok with it, but now am starting to feel like my claustrophobia is going to get the better of me.

What tips do you have to make the room feel more open? It's just dh and I.

I know to bring a night light, but what else? I'm feeling a touch panicked already and am trying to keep calm.

Sister and mom are both booked in huge suites so I can spend alot of time in them so that helps, but when I read sister's balcony has more square footage than our whole room I kinda freaked out a bit, lol...

Thanks

We're on this same cruise (17 days!). We're inside but in a PR room. We have had ocean view before, but it didn't seem any more open when staring out the window at the pitch black ocean... :-)

I don't really feel claustrophobic as those cabins are comfy if you are reading or in bed, but you can't really hang out in there and I hate not seeing what the weather is like outside. I would still do an inside if the price was really good.

.. now am starting to feel like my claustrophobia is going to get the better of me...
I know Johneeo gave this a considerable amount of thought and could not come up with a solutions. I think if your claustrophobia is that bad you should stay home. Since I hate to see your payments go entirely to waste, as a public service, I am available to sail in two weeks, and I'm within easy driving distance of Port Canaveral:rolleyes:.

Seriously, I often take insides [and without relatives in Suite that I can visit] and survive quite well. Go and enjoy your cruise.

Thom

My thoughts are the nightlight or the bathroom light on during the night too. I also brought the old style of the Glade PlugIns with the gel inserts, I got a fun scent for our cabin (kids love it now at home when I pop it in, reminds them of the cruise) but if you did just the opposite and reminded your mind of a home scent, maybe that would help?

I've never felt closed in with an inside cabin, all I was ever in there for was to get ready in the mornings, change for supper and sleep. By the end of the day I was so exhausted, I just wanted to sleep!! :)

I think you will do just fine with an inside cabin....you're going to be on a fantastic ship cruising on a great itinerary!!!! Have an awesome time!!!

turn your television to the ship cam that way you can see if it's light out or not.

You can put a towel over the screen at night and pretend you are in an ocean view cabin with the towel being a curtain.

I was worried about sailing in an inside cabin last August. However I loved it and would do it again no problem. Personally I loved the pitch black nights so wouldn't bring a nightlight as that would spoil it. For me sleeping in total darkness meant a sleep like never before x

You can put a towel over the screen at night and pretend you are in an ocean view cabin with the towel being a curtain.

Intresting idea, but i'm sure hubby would think i'm off my rocker, lol!

I think I'll be ok. I'm feeling better about things at this point. If it feels small maybe i'll ask for the beds to be separated.

I'd love to sleep in the complete darkness, but my bladder says otherwise. The nightlight will go towards the front door/bathroom door entrance. We are also going to bring an old plug in alarm clock.

I can do this! :-)

...We are also going to bring an old plug in alarm clock...
Note that old plug in US alarm clocks depend on 5,184,000 frequency cycles/day to keep accurate time. (That is 60 HZ{cycles/sec} * 60 sec/min * 60 min/hr * 24 hrs) Ships have pretty sloppy frequency management, and I've had plug-in clocks off by 10 minutes/day on RCI - but that is good enough for me to use it as an alarm clock, but don't count exclusively on that time to get you anywhere precisely.

I'm of the "use the bathroom light" school. There will be plenty (some may think too much) light coming around the bathroom door.

enjoy

Thom

Just got off the Freedom yesterday. We had an interior room and really liked it. I have traveled in everything from the penthouse to an interior. The room is small but great for sleeping. The suggestion about having twins rather than a queen is a good one though we didn't. Had to climb over the bed to get in it. All in all I will book an interior again!

Kathy

Archived