18 yr old letter from parent

kirban67

Sons 18 yr old friend is going with us on cruise...He has his passport and mother has no problem signing notorized letter ....Does his father need to also? They are divorced and mother has custody and hes 18 now just needed to know if there could be any issues as they dont get along

Sons 18 yr old friend is going with us on cruise...He has his passport and mother has no problem signing notorized letter ....Does his father need to also? They are divorced and mother has custody and hes 18 now just needed to know if there could be any issues as they dont get along

If he is 18 he doesn't even need the letter from his mom. He is legally an adult and can come and go as he pleases. The Cruise lines cannot deny boarding as long as he has the proper documents to show who he is. It is when the child is a minor when you would have the issues.

If he is 18 he doesn't even need the letter from his mom. He is legally an adult and can come and go as he pleases. The Cruise lines cannot deny boarding as long as he has the proper documents to show who he is. It is when the child is a minor when you would have the issues.

I concur.

I believe you have to be 21. My husband (before he was my husband) could not cruise with me because I was not his legal guardian or married. He was 20. So I would get letters from both to be safe.

I had to send a letter with my daughter when she went on a cruise with a friend.

I think that she was older than 18 but younger than 21.

It might depend on how old the others in the cabin are.

I don't know.

My daughter was never asked for the letter, but better safe than sorry.

There would be nothing worse to me to be denied boarding a cruise ship all because all needed documents were not with me.

Your best bet is to call Carnival and ask them. You do not have to give your name or cruise booking number.

aren't 18 year olds emancipated?

Bill

I believe you have to be 21. My husband (before he was my husband) could not cruise with me because I was not his legal guardian or married. He was 20. So I would get letters from both to be safe.

Thant is because you probably were not 25.

18-20 must be booked with a 25 yr old or be legally married or in the military.

That is because you probably were not 25.

18-20 must be booked with a 25 yr old or be legally married or in the military.

Any restriction after age 18 is purely from the cruise line. (Drinking may also be influenced by the ports the ship is in.) Age 18 is legal age of consent. He can go as long as he has his ID. Whether he could book the cabin on his own is something the cruise lines limit to avoid getting a rowdy passenger population.

He does not need a letter from either parent, but because his parents will not be on the trip, someone over 25 will have to be booked in his room (unless he is married).

No letter if over 18. He's legally an adult. He may be too young to have his own cabin (cruise line rules) or to rent a car or to drink, but family court has no jurisdiction over this guy. 18 and the guy is in no one's custody but his own.

I am bringining my 20 year old son's 18 year old friend with us on my next cruise. My PVP told me that he and my son could be in their own cabin as long as it was within 3 doors of my cabin, so I booked them an inside accross the hall from my balcony.

A friend of mine took his 19 year old daughter's 19 year old friend on a cruise this week, and the ship was almost full and there were no cabins close together, so he had to put his wife in the cabin with the friend and his daughter in his cabin.

He doesn't need anyone's permision, and he can have his own S&S account.

Yep Legal Adult he can do what he wants to when he wants to, no need for a letter from anyone.

He is 18 thus he is an adult, mom and dad do not need to sign diddly-squat for him.

I might suggest you consider getting from your son's friend a notarized temporary medical power of attorney (and an idea of his wishes) that stipulates it takes effect should his next of kin (mom or dad) not be reachable in an emergency. This way should something bad happen and you cannot reach his mom or dad then you have the legal right to make medical decisions concerning his care.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/EMB_minor_pregnancy_policy.aspx

Legally, he's free to do what he wants. However Carnival requires a 25yr old to be in the room (technically a family member) and a letter from the parents...one from the mom should be enough but contact your PVP regarding dealing with their policies.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/EMB_minor_pregnancy_policy.aspx

Legally, he's free to do what he wants. However Carnival requires a 25yr old to be in the room (technically a family member) and a letter from the parents...one from the mom should be enough but contact your PVP regarding dealing with their policies.

Archived