Easy to pack beach toys?

thehorrocksfamily

I'm looking for suggestions of things to bring for the beach. We're first time cruisers going on the Carnvial Fantasy in 2 weeks (driving to Charleston). We have a 10 year old, a 7 year old and a 5 year old. They love to use buckets, but way too hard to pack! Anyone have any suggestions for an easy to pack beach bucket??? And do they let kids have toys in the pool on board? Thinking of those noodle water shooters (not the huge long noodles, just the shooters) and maybe some torpedo fish... Thanks!

No, thankfully, they can not have toys in the pool. We brought some beach toys last Caribbean cruise including blow ups. Just pack clothes inside the pails. We left the toys with the kids center when we left. We also brought them their own life vests. The ones on the ship are if the ship goes down, not for swimming with. Unless they are used to swimming in the ocean they will probably need them.

Buckets aren't hard to pack! Simply put underwear, bathing suits, socks, etc.....stuff that won't wrinkle, into the bucket and stick in the suitcase! Takes up no space!

No toys in the pools, but you can take it to the beaches.

blow up balls, multiple buckets take up no room, along with shovels that fit onto each other and/or non-disposable plastic cups. We just leave them on the beach when we're done with them for other kids to play with.

As the others have said, the pools on board are way too small to bring toys in. You may want to let your kids know that it's not like the pools they may be familiar with at hotels or home - there are lots of people sharing a confined space. Water shooters would not make you popular with your fellow passengers as it would be impossible to not hit others. :)

Have a great cruise!

Best,

Mia

blow up balls' date=' multiple buckets take up no room, along with shovels that fit onto each other and/or non-disposable plastic cups. We just leave them on the beach when we're done with them for other kids to play with.

As the others have said, the pools on board are way too small to bring toys in. You may want to let your kids know that it's not like the pools they may be familiar with at hotels or home - there are lots of people sharing a confined space. Water shooters would not make you popular with your fellow passengers as it would be impossible to not hit others. :)

Have a great cruise!

Best,

Mia[/quote']

Lol! I don't think I'll share that info -- hitting perfect strangers is definitely a PLUS to them! :) Guess I'll try pails and see how it goes! Thanks!!!

I brought mini solo cups with lids to use in the room for drinks and then just brought two of those to the beach with us.

And FWIW, we were allowed to use toys in the pool on the Pride a couple of weeks ago, not in the pool itself, but the tiled overflow area. My kids had a bunch of little polly pocket type dolls and another family had a small ball they were tossing back and forth.

I was thinking that if have a slighter smaller pail, you can roll up and fit in clothes and put in your carry on or suitcase. If you're flying to your cruise, come in at least a day ahead (which you should do no matter what anyway) and make a stop at a store. If it's the spring or summer, many discount stores, even grocery stores will have beach toys. If not, go to a toy store.

We have a cool Melissa and Doug set that is an ice cream themed set, all the parts fit in the bucket and its not flimsy plastic. I think they also make a collapsible nylon bucket but it is small. We have two inflatable pool noodles that I've used several times too. They are small enough to deflate quickly and are cheap so you could treat them as disposable. Last year I got a nylon mini kite in targets dollar aisle which was small and lightweight.

Archived