Labadee - Beach Cabanas at Nellie's Beach

beachgirls806

Just curious..What time did you get off the boat? We have OTW reserved at Nellie's & we have 1 or 2 that we would prefer due to father in laws mobility issues..I was hoping they would take specific requests if we get there early enough..Looks like we are due in at 8am. Thx!

We were the first one out. Go straight to golf cart and tell them u have a cabana. They will drive u the concierge and tell him what u want. If u have mobility problems they will give the one with a ramp up front. I had number 5 which is the furthest one in the water. Very quiet and seems more private. Also. Tell ur butler to take u to lunch. He will walk u there and find u a table with seats bc people start hogging it. I did bring my butler a plate of food and he was sooooo happy. I'm so jealous. I wish I was back. But I'll be on the NCL Breakaway in October. Happy sails!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We were the first one out. Go straight to golf cart and tell them u have a cabana. They will drive u the concierge and tell him what u want. If u have mobility problems they will give the one with a ramp up front. I had number 5 which is the furthest one in the water. Very quiet and seems more private. Also. Tell ur butler to take u to lunch. He will walk u there and find u a table with seats bc people start hogging it. I did bring my butler a plate of food and he was sooooo happy. I'm so jealous. I wish I was back. But I'll be on the NCL Breakaway in October. Happy sails!!

Thank you very much for the tips!! I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.. This will be our 1st time there..Can't wait!! :)

Thank you very much for the tips!! I really appreciate you taking the time to respond.. This will be our 1st time there..Can't wait!! :)

Also. If u want to see the whole island without walking. Tell ur butler to get the guy who drives the golf cart to take u on a private tour. He would literally drive u thru the whole island. My butler name was Joe and the driver was Willie. They were the best if u ask for them. I did tip them very well. And they would drive u back to the ship when ur done. Felt like I was a VIP. Lol.

Also. If u want to see the whole island without walking. Tell ur butler to get the guy who drives the golf cart to take u on a private tour. He would literally drive u thru the whole island. My butler name was Joe and the driver was Willie. They were the best if u ask for them. I did tip them very well. And they would drive u back to the ship when ur done. Felt like I was a VIP. Lol.

Just curious if you don't mind me asking..what do they consider a good tip? I want to make sure I bring enough for great service.. :)

Just curious if you don't mind me asking..what do they consider a good tip? I want to make sure I bring enough for great service.. :)

Let me just say. I'm not to say what is good or bad of a tip. And anyone reading this would have a different opinion. I only can say of what I think was a great tip and not referring to anyone else to do the same. I tipped Joe 80 and Willie 20. Some people might say that's not enough and some that's too much and some maybe don't tip at all. It was a great day. I was blessed to get a beautiful cabana. And the service was exceptional. And till this day I'm still thinking of Labadee! But please this is just MY opinion and I'm NOT telling anyone how they should tip. I have a feeling some readers will be offended by this. Lol. Have fun ( chellecruise).

Edited by Ctrinh225

Let me just say. I'm not to say what is good or bad of a tip. And anyone reading this would have a different opinion. I only can say of what I think was a great tip and not referring to anyone else to do the same. I tipped Joe 80 and Willie 20. Some people might say that's not enough and some that's too much and some maybe don't tip at all.

Is that as in $80 plus $20 dollars???...$100 tip?

Also, is there a bar at Nellies beach or do you..can you...walk over to barefoot beach....

We've been to barefoot beach twice, this year we have a Cabana at Nelllies booked....

And just to clarify, Cabana selection is on a first comer first serve basis??

I take it you cannot speak with the excursion desk on the ship.....

Is that as in $80 plus $20 dollars???...$100 tip?

Also, is there a bar at Nellies beach or do you..can you...walk over to barefoot beach....

We've been to barefoot beach twice, this year we have a Cabana at Nelllies booked....

And just to clarify, Cabana selection is on a first comer first serve basis??

I take it you cannot speak with the excursion desk on the ship.....

There is a bar and there r servers that come around on the beach. No u cannot go in barefoot beach unless u were in a suite. The only time u go there is to eat the specialty lunch if u got a cabana at Nellies. Yes, it is come first basis but when u get there and u know what u want and if its available then ask them. They will be happy to make u happy. No, the excursion desk will tell u to go the cabana concierge on the island. But if u been to barefoot that means u were in a suite? Barefoot beach has their own cabanas too.

I just booked an OTW cabana at Nellie's beach today for our cruise on 3/29/14, so the reservation window for bookings evidently opens VERY early. Just wanted to pass this along for anyone else who may be interested.

That is correct. The only ones you can book online is for Nellie's Beach open to everyone. If you are in a suite and want a cabana on Barefoot Beach (exclusive for suite guests). You have to email the concierge tell him what cabana you want and he will respond to let you know if you are confirmed for that cabana. The concierge on the Explorer is Mario Reyes, he is very good about responding. His email address is EX_Concierge@rccl.com be sure to include your room number and cruise reservation number. Here is the map of Barefoot beach the concierge sent me this past October. We had OW7 and loved it!

33y5184.jpg[/img]

Does that include a "Junior Suite" guest as a "suite" guest?? Or just those in a "Grand Suite" and above?? :confused:

Does that include a "Junior Suite" guest as a "suite" guest?? Or just those in a "Grand Suite" and above?? :confused:

No junior suites. Just grand on up. But u can book a cabana on nellies and go to the upgraded lunch in the suites beach. I've been to both and there about the same IMO but barefoot had less people.

Edited by Ctrinh225

• 8 months later...
That is correct. The only ones you can book online is for Nellie's Beach open to everyone. If you are in a suite and want a cabana on Barefoot Beach (exclusive for suite guests). You have to email the concierge tell him what cabana you want and he will respond to let you know if you are confirmed for that cabana. The concierge on the Explorer is Mario Reyes, he is very good about responding. His email address is EX_Concierge@rccl.com be sure to include your room number and cruise reservation number. Here is the map of Barefoot beach the concierge sent me this past October. We had OW7 and loved it!

33y5184.jpg[/img]

Thanks for posting this info!

• 4 weeks later...

If i book a beach cabanna now can i or is it worth booking OW > i have a reg room? do all come with a butler?

No junior suites. Just grand on up. But u can book a cabana on nellies and go to the upgraded lunch in the suites beach. I've been to both and there about the same IMO but barefoot had less people.

If i book a beach cabanna now can i or is it worth booking OW > i have a reg room? do all come with a butler?

Those reserving a Nellies cabana no longer have access to the buffet on Barefoot Beach. This is new as of Oct, 2013. Only Grand Suite and higher cruisers (and Pinnacle members?) have access to Barefoot Beach area.

Check your cruise to see if the Cabanas are available to rent - they show up early! And they go fast!

IMO, OTW (Over the Water) cabana is WELL worth the price. The cabanas have attendants - I think they service a few cabanas, not just yours. But, they are always present (unless fetching a drink for someone).

Those reserving a Nellies cabana no longer have access to the buffet on Barefoot Beach. This is new as of Oct, 2013. Only Grand Suite and higher cruisers (and Pinnacle members?) have access to Barefoot Beach area.

Check your cruise to see if the Cabanas are available to rent - they show up early! And they go fast!

IMO, OTW (Over the Water) cabana is WELL worth the price. The cabanas have attendants - I think they service a few cabanas, not just yours. But, they are always present (unless fetching a drink for someone).

Another CC member and ourselves had side-by-side over-the-water cabanas last week on Nellies Beach (not on purpose, just happened that way). Our cabana attendant (shared between our cabanas) was almost non-existant after our initial check-in. I have no idea where he disappeared to, but we didn't even see him when we left for the day. I let another one of the attendants know we were leaving.

With that said, it was a spectacular day. We had OTW cabana #4 on Nellies and thought it was an oustanding location. It was right near the bell tower, and was almost like a hillside unit, but had the stairs/ladder directly into the water. If you have mobility issues, or don't like climbing ladders, neither #3 or #4 would work well for you though. I think they had the tallest/steepest ladder of all of the cabanas. We had full sun on the loungers all day - so you could be outside in the sun, or slide back into the cabana and have shade. It was also next to the best snorkel location on Nellies Beach - which runs all along the rocks on that side of the cove.

We had booked this cabana prior to the change of the access to Barefoot Beach, so we had the wrist bands and could walk over to the "suite" beach at will. I'm allergic to shellfish, so the "upgraded" buffet with the shrimp really didn't matter to me, but it was MUCH less crowded over there for lunch.

Dan.

I am absolutely shocked at how far in advance reservations for cabanas became available online! Our cruise isn't until January 2015 and reservations were already opened! I was able to snag an over the water cabana. I was considering getting a suite at one point because I was so afraid I wouldn't be able to get a cabana over the water (plus there are nice suite perks), but now I am thinking we will save the money. I really wanted the privacy of the cabana.

I had heard that on the beach, the only drinks they serve are in souvenir cups. Otherwise you have to go to the bar yourself. Is that the same in the cabanas? That just seems weird... I mean how many souvenir glasses would you have to come back with if you wanted multiple drinks?!

• 2 weeks later...
I am absolutely shocked at how far in advance reservations for cabanas became available online! Our cruise isn't until January 2015 and reservations were already opened! I was able to snag an over the water cabana. I was considering getting a suite at one point because I was so afraid I wouldn't be able to get a cabana over the water (plus there are nice suite perks), but now I am thinking we will save the money. I really wanted the privacy of the cabana.

I had heard that on the beach, the only drinks they serve are in souvenir cups. Otherwise you have to go to the bar yourself. Is that the same in the cabanas? That just seems weird... I mean how many souvenir glasses would you have to come back with if you wanted multiple drinks?!

I was surprised to how early you could book. I just booked mine today and I have 472 days prior to sailing, June 2015. I guess we planned well!

You can just ask for a plain glass and you will get it. They walk around with the souvenir glass drinks but there is an option. Just ask.

• 2 years later...
As soon as excursions become available to book. And that varies from ship to ship and itinerary. I booked Nellie's beach cabana for our cruise last week about 3-4 months out. We had the far left one as you're facing the beach/water (or far right facing the cabanas) and we were about 25 feet from a over the water one. It was nice and shady until around 1. I just booked another beach one yesterday for our Allure trip in Nov. Prices went up between the two bookings. It's hard to go to Labadee without a cabana once you've had one. We've only been there twice without one out of 5 trips and one of those times we spent a little time with our tablemates in theirs and the other time it rained all day anyway.

I've never seen or been bitten by a mosquito in Labadee. I have been in Belize though. The only bugs you see regularly are flies. There is a reason the ships never stay past 5 and that's because of mosquitoes which mainly come out near sunset and there is a potential for malaria.

are the beach cabanas gated off ? we have friends who may want to come hang a while and also have 7 in family (2 are kids) and don't want to rent 2

You book the cabin under one persons reservation so you only pay once. Then you are allowed to bring additional guests which do not have to be identified until your cruise. Can't say if it is worth it as we have our first reserved on our upcoming cruise.

We have 7 in our party,2 kids, are we able to all have one cabana, the kids will not be in there much, and can friends drop by? is it walled off and you need a pass to get to them? Thanks in advance LW :)