GAPearl's Second Valor Review- Solo Southern Caribbean Cruise! (2/24/13)

gapearl

Dang...I was all ready for the next installment' date=' but you're answering us right now. Ok.

And when I mentioned Capri Sun...it wasn't because I thought the Gasolina would compare to a Capri Sun....it was because someone posted a picture of mold in a Capri Sun pouch. :eek:

Anyhow, waiting on the next episode of your vacation!!!! :p[/quote']

Yeah, no new chapter tonight. I had a long day at work and haven't had a chance to get any new pictures uploaded. Tomorrow though, I'll have ALL afternoon!

Subscribed

Subscribed!! :D

Thanks! Y'all enjoy!

They are not limited to SJ, however saying that, you can get the same pouches on shore - ie at Publix for ex. Not necessarily for 2 bucks, but they are in the grocery stores.

Get outta here! :eek: Seriously? I'm going to be on the hunt for them everywhere now!

What does subscribed mean? I see people posting this? Let me know what and how you are subscribing to, how to do it? I've really enjoyed reading Gapearl's reviews, looking at her pictures etc. We are going to be on the Valor June 30th, this will be our third cruise with this itinerary. First time on carnival valor, 2 previous cruises were on the Victory. You tell the best story, post the neatest pictures. You truly have a gift for this, maybe you should be a travel writer? We are staying at the Marriott Stellaris on Condado beach. We are arriving on Thursday so we can spend a couple days in San Juan before the cruise. I've taken notes from your review, can't wait to try some of these restaurants/bars/gasolina etc! haha You sure know how to have a good time! Your thorough reviews and posts must take you forever. I have no idea how to post a picture on here. I'm lucky to hit the reply buttons! Keep it up, most enjoyable.

You subscribe to get notifications when new posts are posted. You'll find the subscribe link by scrolling to the top of the page and click the down arrow on Thread Tools and then choose Subscribe to this thread. You have the option for how frequently you are notified of updates to the thread.

Enjoy!

Is Felipe the cruise director on Valor? I think he's the same director that was on the Victory last year. He's kind of short, alot of fun, good looking, speaks spanish of course. We had him last year on the Victory out of San Juan and we loved him. He's so much fun, he is all over the ship at all hours, get's everyone involved. We are praying it's the same director.

GA Pearl,

Thank you for the awesome review... Flying to PR for this cruise 3 weeks from tomorrow, not that I'm counting the days or anything!:D

You are going to be sooooooo unproductive for the next 3 weeks, just so you know. :D I'm sure you'll have a blast!

titlediva

I am in that room the end of the month and I was thinking the same thing. I will be happy if that is my room. If is different I will post some new pictures for you.

Well heck, maybe I did go to the wrong room! :o Maybe I went to 7541 instead? :confused: Oops!

What does subscribed mean? I see people posting this? Let me know what and how you are subscribing to, how to do it? I've really enjoyed reading Gapearl's reviews, looking at her pictures etc. We are going to be on the Valor June 30th, this will be our third cruise with this itinerary. First time on carnival valor, 2 previous cruises were on the Victory. You tell the best story, post the neatest pictures. You truly have a gift for this, maybe you should be a travel writer? We are staying at the Marriott Stellaris on Condado beach. We are arriving on Thursday so we can spend a couple days in San Juan before the cruise. I've taken notes from your review, can't wait to try some of these restaurants/bars/gasolina etc! haha You sure know how to have a good time! Your thorough reviews and posts must take you forever. I have no idea how to post a picture on here. I'm lucky to hit the reply buttons! Keep it up, most enjoyable.

Hi Kansas! Subscribed basically means people are bookmarking my review so they can come back later and find it easily. Right under the page numbers, there's a link for "thread tools" and you can subscribe from there. To access everything you've subscribed to, click on quick links at the top of the page and click on the link for "subscribed threads".

I would LOVE to be a travel writer! If I could figure out some kind of way to get paid for this (or even just get a free cruise), I would! I'm glad you found so much of this helpful, and there's much more to come. Arriving in San Juan Thursday will be perfect. You'll have plenty of time to drink lots of gasolinas! :D Thanks for the nice words!

You subscribe to get notifications when new posts are posted. You'll find the subscribe link by scrolling to the top of the page and click the down arrow on Thread Tools and then choose Subscribe to this thread. You have the option for how frequently you are notified of updates to the thread.

Enjoy!

Yep.

Is Felipe the cruise director on Valor? I think he's the same director that was on the Victory last year. He's kind of short' date=' alot of fun, good looking, speaks spanish of course. We had him last year on the Victory out of San Juan and we loved him. He's so much fun, he is all over the ship at all hours, get's everyone involved. We are praying it's the same director.[/quote']

Yep! Felipe will be your cruise director! You'll have a ton of fun with him and all the entertainment staff!

Golly I have spent the last 2 hours replying to everyone! Out of all the reviews I've written, I have never had so many awesome comments and so much feedback. I love that you guys are enjoying this so much! I'm hoping to get two installments done tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. I'm saying goodnight now or I'll never get to bed! :)

Golly I have spent the last 2 hours replying to everyone! Out of all the reviews I've written, I have never had so many awesome comments and so much feedback. I love that you guys are enjoying this so much! I'm hoping to get two installments done tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. I'm saying goodnight now or I'll never get to bed! :)

Good night. Can't wait for the rest!!!!

Loving your review so far. Planning on going on this itinerary someday. Will be spending 2 days in San Juan after sailing on Conquest in November(as a solo cruiser :)). This will be my 1st time in San Juan & I did get a few ideas of what to do from your review. Can't wait for more.

Love that cabin! Is this cabin available on other ships or is it just the Valor?

6J AND 6K Cabins are only offered on the Valor, Conquest and Glory. You can reserve them now on the Glory, but not available until 2014. The Conquest already has the cabins, because a poster here has pictures of one.

Kim...I love your pretty dresses, and they look amazing on you. Waiting anxiously for your next installment. :D

Get outta here! :eek: Seriously? I'm going to be on the hunt for them everywhere now!

Yeah, I just googled it, and found some at hole-in-the wall liquor stores near me, so I'll be purchasing 1 or 2 to try. Can't wait!

My Dad is on this cruise right now, and he loves it! Said he may go again in May, lol!!! I don't know if I could the same itinerary 2 months later....to each their own.

My Dad is on this cruise right now, and he loves it! Said he may go again in May, lol!!! I don't know if I could the same itinerary 2 months later....to each their own.

He probably didn't get a chance to do everything he wanted to do. I just did this itinerary in October and now I'm going again in July. :D

Here I sit waiting to hear from gapearl! You have quite a following......maybe this could turn into something good for you!

We have to wait till June 27 before flying down to San Juan. All we can think about, talk about, live for.........is our next vacation!

titlediva

I am in that room the end of the month and I was thinking the same thing. I will be happy if that is my room. If is different I will post some new pictures for you.

Thanks! I'll be awfully happy also if that is the room.....like WOW! Let me know all about it when you get back, and have a blast!

Hi guys! I'm uploading my next set of pictures now for day 2 in St. Thomas. :D

Good night. Can't wait for the rest!!!!

Good evening!

Loving your review so far. Planning on going on this itinerary someday. Will be spending 2 days in San Juan after sailing on Conquest in November(as a solo cruiser :)). This will be my 1st time in San Juan & I did get a few ideas of what to do from your review. Can't wait for more.

Glad you're enjoying and got some ideas! Will this be your first solo cruise?

I just booked last night for the April 7th sailing' date=' your review is awesome! Being from Puerto Rico I can't help but be glad you enjoyed our Island. Please visit Ponce next time![/quote']

Si! Me encanta Puerto Rico!!!! :D I've been visiting for about 4 years now. Will be back again later this month, but only to San Juan. Believe me, I really do want to visit Ponce sometime soon. If I hadn't gone so far over budget on that last cruise 4 months ago, I probably would have this time. What should I go see and do when I get to Ponce?

Great review!! Looking forward to reading more soon! I subscribed so I can be able to find it easier. I'll be on this cruise in June and can't wait!!

Thanks again!! :-)

Thanks for reading! Have fun on your cruise! :)