Preziosa category 12 "Suite." Any different from categories 9, 10, 11 balcony?

CarolinaMamma

I am confused. Looking at booking on Preziosa and the large online TA I am using calls category 12 cabins "suites," yet they look to be the exact same size as category 9, 10, and 11 balcony cabins. Am I missing something? Are there perks that come with a suite?

Or is the only difference between categories 9, 10, 11 and 12 that they are on progressively higher decks. If so, I think I would take a category 9 balcony.

Cat 11 are on Deck 12 and Cat 10 are on Deck 11 with cat 12 on Deck 13 .. sizes shown on ship plans are usually a rough guide.... the balcony cabins for Divina the sister ship show an average size of 192 square feet for a cabin and 42 for the balcony. Some Balconies are bigger than others.

All upto Cat 12 are classed as Balconies, Suites are usually Aurea and Yacht club which will have a higher price.

Try this link to the Divina/Preziosa deck plans which show the cat of the cabin when you hover over one with your mouse pointer, click on deck number for it to show up.

Hope this helps.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/index.php ..... click on MSC on the Right of the screen then choose Divina or Preziosa ... no cabin cats shown yet for Preziosa.

I am confused. Looking at booking on Preziosa and the large online TA I am using calls category 12 cabins "suites," yet they look to be the exact same size as category 9, 10, and 11 balcony cabins. Am I missing something? Are there perks that come with a suite?

Or is the only difference between categories 9, 10, 11 and 12 that they are on progressively higher decks. If so, I think I would take a category 9 balcony.

They are the same category 13 are larger because they are suites other than that the higher you go the more you pay.

Cat 12 are called balcony on the MSC UK web site deck plans, there are no floor plans for Balcony suites, and all the cat. 12 are on deck 13

You may have got Cat.12 on Splendida and Fantasia mixed up with cat.12 on Divina and Preziosa

These Cat 12 ( only 8 on each ship) are on deck 12

Have a look at relevant images of Splendida's deck plans.

here are the relevant portions of the plans from Preziosa

Prez1.jpg

prez2.jpg

prez3.jpg

And the relevant parts of the deck plans for Splendida

S1.jpg

S2.jpg

S3.jpg

Pete

Archived