Day tours from London

Many, many years ago, when I lived in Germany, I visited London and took day trips booked from a booth in Victoria Station. Is there anything like this available now? We have one day in London (we have been there before) and I would really like a tour that includes Canterbury. I did find one company online, but their tour did not run on Tuesdays, the day we have available.

Thanks, EM

I imagine you mean the Travel Information Centre at Victoria, and yes it is still there and probably bigger then you remember (assuming it hasn't had to move during the current extensive rebuilding of Victoria Station).

I found a tour with Canterbury that departs daily (it seems to cram about 3 days worth of stuff into one day, in my opinion, but then I'm not a bus tour sort of person!) - http://www.visitbritainshop.com/world/tours/day-tours-from-london/product/golden-tours-leeds-castle-canterbury-cathedral-dover-greenwich-river-cruise-with-lunch.html#tab3

I would do Canterbury by train and possibly take a guided walking tour once there, if there are no mobility issues to consider.

Edit: Found another tour on the Visit Britain site - http://www.visitbritainshop.com/world/tours/day-tours-from-london/product/evan-evans-select-tours-leeds-castle-canterbury-cathedral-the-white-cliffs-of-dover.html#tab3

• 3 weeks later...

Archived