The Upgrade Fairy Remains Alive and Well on RCCL!!!

Great to get that cabin! I was able to get one on deck 7 for our friend on our April cruise when the original occupants got an upgrade fairy visit.

Looks to me like a balcony cabin, just without the balcony!

Yes PSCruiser, the photos do look a lot like a balcony room. Really spacy for an Outside cabin. I'm soooo happy about this upgrade!

Wow - congrats! I was excited for you just reading that post! I can't wait to see a review when you get back :)

Yes! Do post a review when you return. I would love to hear how you liked that cabin. We will be in 7582 on the Rhapsody, also a new Panoramic OV. I would love to know if the sofa is near the window or the door. If anyone has been in this cabin, please tell!:cool:

You claim they said that not only do you get the upgrade, but also get $20 (back on your card? onboard credit?) Both of these options are unheard of.....*if* you get one of those, run fast.....don't look back. That is not the norm

Let us know

Glad for you! Was on EOS in Dec and we got to see the cabin as they finished her. It is the same as a balcony cabin without the balcony. The wall of windows is really lovely. And someone asked about the sofa...a friend just back from the ROS and she said the sofa was by the window just like the EOS room was designed. Don't forget to to the Upgrade Fairy Dance or she won't be happy! Really nice!!! Enjoy!!

Glad for you! Was on EOS in Dec and we got to see the cabin as they finished her. It is the same as a balcony cabin without the balcony. The wall of windows is really lovely. And someone asked about the sofa...a friend just back from the ROS and she said the sofa was by the window just like the EOS room was designed. Don't forget to to the Upgrade Fairy Dance or she won't be happy! Really nice!!! Enjoy!!

That was me asking about the bed placement/ However, I saw pictures earlier from the Rhapsody remake of the beds/sofas both ways - with the bed by the window in every other cabin. However, they didn't say which cabins.:confused:

Great to get that cabin! I was able to get one on deck 7 for our friend on our April cruise when the original occupants got an upgrade fairy visit.

Looks to me like a balcony cabin, just without the balcony!

Actually, on the Rhapsody at least, the inside space of the Panoramic OV cabins are larger than the inside space of the balcony cabins. According to RCI's website the Panoramic OV cabins are 220 sq feet and the balcony cabins are 191 sq ft (without the balcony).

Congratulations! However, this really wasn't the "upgrade fairy." You were still before final payment (since you were calling to make final payment). Apparently the pricing of the cabins had changed, and you were eligible to do whatever YOU wanted to your reservation. You could have called to change cabins and get the better cabin at the better price (since you were before final payment). The REAL upgrade fairy calls YOU and gives you a free upgrade after final payment. Luckily, you contacted a fantastic Vacation Planner who noticed the pricing change, and made the necessary changes before your payment.. However, you got a great deal, and have a great cruise.

Peter

Went on the Brilliance on 2/23. Night before we left was checking something on the site and saw that we had been upgraded from Cat G OV to a D2 balcony. Another couple in our group went to a D1 balcony on Deck 9 from OV. Once they got to the cabin , the ships quest relations called and asked them if they would mind moving to a JS on deck 10. Some one wanted the connecting rooms so up they went.

Never had the upgrade fairy do anything before for us. Glad she did this time. I doubt lighting will ever strike twice. And no one ever called

You claim they said that not only do you get the upgrade, but also get $20 (back on your card? onboard credit?) Both of these options are unheard of.....*if* you get one of those, run fast.....don't look back. That is not the norm

Let us know

Let me clarify, so there's no confusion ...

I'm not "claiming" that i was told about the upgrade; it happened. When I called RCCL to make my final payment on my Inside cabin for my May cruise, I was informed that I qualified for a special upgrade to my cabin. The cost of the upgrade turned out to be $20 less than the original price of my cruise. They decreased my final payment by that amount. If you misunderstood, my apologies.

I don't know how normal or abnormal upgrades are or aren't...but I've got a final booking confirmation with my new cabin number and a zero balance. The only running I will be doing is to get on that ship, and in that wonderful Panoramic Oceanview room!

Thanks Sandytoes, dance I shall...LOL. BTW it appears that you have a cruise on Grandeur in May as well. Have a terrific time!

Ah-Ha....I missed that you were making final payment....when I saw the cruise was in May, and you had got an upgrade, I assume you were in penalty. if that's the case, as mentioned, you can do whatever you want (no "fairy" needed.....you're in charge of your own destiny out of penalty)

Congratulations! However, this really wasn't the "upgrade fairy." You were still before final payment (since you were calling to make final payment). Apparently the pricing of the cabins had changed, and you were eligible to do whatever YOU wanted to your reservation. You could have called to change cabins and get the better cabin at the better price (since you were before final payment). The REAL upgrade fairy calls YOU and gives you a free upgrade after final payment. Luckily, you contacted a fantastic Vacation Planner who noticed the pricing change, and made the necessary changes before your payment.. However, you got a great deal, and have a great cruise.

Peter

Peter-

Thank you for the well wishes. But in my world, when something that wonderful happens to me, regardless of how it occurs....it's "fairy-like"! The upgrade offer was unexpected, and I am really thankful.;)

Congratulations,,

I had not even heard of these rooms, they Look wonderful, especially if the weather is inclement, who needs a balcony?

What that RCCL rep may not have told you is that the price of the cabin you were in went way down and you could have been refunded a lot more than $20

Your glass seems to be half empty.

Congrats! :)

I can't wait to see pics of this cabin, enjoy it!

We have never been visited by the Upgrade Fairy,

however there is always hope! lol :D

I promise to take some photos on board. BTW, love your avatar! Where'd you get that?

:D Today I am grinning from ear to ear. Last night I called Royal Caribbean to make my final payment on my Enchantment of the Seas cruise set for May. My DH and I originally booked just a simple Inside Cabin on Deck 2, since it's only a 3-day itinerary that we're pretty familiar with. While the RCI Vacation Planner was reviewing my account she says, "OMGoodness, there's a deal out here for you and your husband if you qualify...let me double check this". Turns out that she was able to bump us up to one of the newly created Panoramic Oceanview Staterooms on Deck 8. Wow...what a huge SURPRISE! Even more, she said that the price of our cabin would be dropped by $20!

Unknown to me (and maybe to others as well), Enchantment was in drydock in December 2012. Maybe it was discussed in a thread that I overlooked. But as a result, there were multiple improvements made to the ship. That included the removal of the Royal Caribbean Online room and the Concierge Club that were both previously on Deck 8. What they replaced them with were 8 midship "Panoramic Oceanview Staterooms." They are slightly larger in size than a regular oceanview cabin and have 7-foot, floor-to-ceiling windows. To think, all I did was call in to make my final payment. I feel really privileged! Has anybody been in one of these cabins or seen a photo? I'd love to get an early peek ;)

We booked this style cabin next summer on Granduer. It has been hard to find reviews or pictures

What that RCCL rep may not have told you is that the price of the cabin you were in went way down and you could have been refunded a lot more than $20

Why is there always one person with the negitive? 5K posts hope some were postive. Glad the poster got an upgrade as was most who responded.

Archived