Elite boarding with first time Celebrity cruiser

pattyj 1204

If you are sharing a stateroom then yes. Otherwise she is not supposed to. Since so many people qualify for priority check-in, often the general boarding line is no slower than the priority lines, so if you want a picture together it might be best to just all do general boarding if you are in different staterooms. Sometimes general boarding lines are even faster than priority lines.

Can she just join us in line and board with us? She has cruised before, but not with Celebrity. But I was wanting a boarding picture with her and my husband and me.

As previously stated unless she is in your stateroom she isn't entitled to priority boarding. But you can board with her in the general boarding area. The celebrity pictures are usually taken just after you register- so you should register at the non-elite general boarding area. If your friend is Diamond Status on Royal Caribbean, she is entitled to reciprocity on celebrity and will be considered Elite.

The seating waiting room in FLL is one big room with different sections. Not sure how it now is in Miami. Boarding Priority is the suites, then Elite- then Aqua and Concierge class- then regular. Really all it means is you board the ship in that order. They do check your seapass cards before you sit in your designated area-

I would suggest that you sit in the regular section with her- you will board 10 or so minutes later in general boarding depending upon the crowd.

Your friend will also not be allowed in the Elite cocktail hour or breakfast area. But I "assume" you know this.

Thanks for the quick answers. Guess we'll all board at the same time in the non elite lines. Yes, I was aware that my sister won't be able to join in the Elite breakfasts and other events, but that won't matter. I was more concerned with the boarding, really wanted that picture. LOL We will already be in NewZealand for 2 days before the cruise so we should avoid some of the big crowds, I think??

I assume you and your husband both have elite status. If that's so, have your husband switch cabins with the non-elite person. Since you are elite, anyone in your cabin will be elite for this sailing. That way all of you will have elite status on this sailing, be granted priority boarding, and best of all.....All will be able to enjoy the social hour.:)

When we were boarding the Independence of the Seas in Ft. Lauderdale there were five of us with three cabins. DH and I are Celebrity Elite and therefore Royal Caribbean Diamond. We all arrived at the port together and when staff checked our documents they sent the entire group of us around a very long line of people waiting to check in. When we finally stopped at the end of the very short Diamond line my daughter asked "what just happened?" I told her she was hanging out with the right people.:cool:

I may just be a matter of who's working that day since the port staff is not employed by the cruise line. We didn't ask for any special favors or attempt to beat the system, we just followed directions.

Archived