Help needed regarding posting on CC

slp123

Though I have been around awhile, there are two things I have not figured out.

1. In starting a new thread, how do I get the title of the thread to appear in bold face?
  2. How do I upload a photo from my pc into a reply posting? When I click on insert a photo icon it wants me to give a URL address; but the photo I want to upload is stored on my PC

1. Click on the B before typing.

2. Scroll down to "manage attachments" and click on it then click on "choose file" and you should be able to choose your photo from your computer. Highlight the file you want click open and when the file opens click upload.

1. Click on the B before typing.

2. Scroll down to "manage attachments" and click on it then click on "choose file" and you should be able to choose your photo from your computer. Highlight the file you want click open and when the file opens click upload.

I know how to bold text in the body of a post. My question was with respect to the Title box where clicking on the B does not work.

As to use of the attachment, I have used that but that inserts a thumbnail of your photo into your post not the actual full size photo. To see an example of me doing this click here and look for posting #54.

As you can see from your post, the title automatically bolds itself!

And if I go to the paperclip icon, a screen just pops up that allows me to browse for the photo file on my PC--super easy that way.

Thanks Cathy and I have done that. But that results in a thumbnail in your post. How do people manage to post full size photos right in their posts?

As mentioned above, for pictures you can use the manage attachments below the post edit window. This will upload a picture to the forum and it will be displayed below your post.

If you want the pictures to appear inline with your post you need to upload them to a photo hosting site like Photobucket and then use the insert image button and paste the address of the picture.

Photobucket actually makes it even easier than that :) Once you have the pictures uploaded to photobucket, when you are looking at the picture that you want to post you'll see a box on the right side that says Image Links. Click in the box labeled IMG Code and it will automatically be copied. Then, in the post edit window here put your cursor where you want the picture and paste that link. That's it.

As mentioned above, for pictures you can use the manage attachments below the post edit window. This will upload a picture to the forum and it will be displayed below your post.

If you want the pictures to appear inline with your post you need to upload them to a photo hosting site like Photobucket and then use the insert image button and paste the address of the picture.

Photobucket actually makes it even easier than that :) Once you have the pictures uploaded to photobucket, when you are looking at the picture that you want to post you'll see a box on the right side that says Image Links. Click in the box labeled IMG Code and it will automatically be copied. Then, in the post edit window here put your cursor where you want the picture and paste that link. That's it.

VERY CLEAR! Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Thanks Cathy and I have done that. But that results in a thumbnail in your post. How do people manage to post full size photos right in their posts?

Here is more on posting larger pictures, plus a couple of Celebrity examples below to prove why it is fun to share such scenes/fun.

For posting larger photos to these boards, your FIRST STEP is pick an outside web source that will store or “host” your pictures to be posted. Cruise Critic does not have the space to do larger pictures on their site. You can check such places as photobucket.com, imageshack.com, photoshow.com, flickr.com, picasa.google.com etc. I’ve used photobucket.com and have been pleased with how they upload, etc. SECOND, you need to make an export of your picture in a size such as around 1000 pixel wide by about 700 to your desktop of your computer. That’s the approximate size that I use for this purpose. If you make your file too big for posting, then it slows the process and takes long to upload, etc. THIRD, you use this outside web host to which you upload these different pictures sitting on your desktop. FOURTH, after uploading each picture, you will make a copy of that imbedded address in your file for future posting purposes. It will have have the square parentheses or bracket symbols before and after the capital letter IMG at the start and end of this location on your photo storage site.

Then as you want to post each different picture, you would, FIFTH STEP, copy and paste that imbedded address file for each picture as a part of your message on the CC Boards. In my files, I also have brief written description of each picture and have them grouped by the different city or country locations. With this imbedded file address, the reader on these boards doesn’t have to check on anything or paste to their web browser. It just pops up showing the picture. Does this help? Let us know how it works out and/or any added questions. It will hopefully pop up as these couple of pictures do below. You can preview your post to see if it's working OK before doing the actual post to these CC boards.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 122,758 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Super loved it when there were times at the pool in the afternoons on the Solstice last June when the “party band” was going at it with great tunes. This added to the fun and excitement around the pool area of our ship. Just like done by some famous California pop groups, we were hearing “fun, fun, fun” underneath the sun!!:

SolsticePartyBandAtPool.jpg

The Solarium was one of our most favorite areas. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this facility. Wonderful setting for relaxing and watching the outside water/shore views, enjoying subtle inside action, etc.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg

Here is more on posting larger pictures, plus a couple of Celebrity examples below to prove why it is fun to share such scenes/fun.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME AND MAKING THE EFFORT. Very Much Appreciated

Though I have been around awhile, there are two things I have not figured out.
  1. In starting a new thread, how do I get the title of the thread to appear in bold face?

Hi Slp,

The bold face in the title, means the thread has new replies (or is a new thread), since your last visit to Cruise Critic. That I know of, there's no way to force the thread title to be bold.

I hope this helps !

VERY CLEAR! Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

It took me a long time to figure out how to post full size photos. I managed with help from a very kind person on the P&O forum.

I use Flickr and it's so easy. Once you upload photos to Flickr, above the photo there is a share button which gives you the HTML/BBCode. Firstly, select the size pic you want to post (this is medium 800), copy the code and simply paste into the CC message box, which will become a photo when you post it. No need to use links. Preview your post first to check it's as you want it then submit post.

If you manage that, have a Martini :D

8244265238_b99ef7c967_c.jpg

Hi Slp,

The bold face in the title, means the thread has new replies (or is a new thread), since your last visit to Cruise Critic. That I know of, there's no way to force the thread title to be bold.

I hope this helps !

Andy,

Thank you so much---I will stop frustrating myself. I assume as OP the thread is bold to me when there are new posts but bold to everyone else all the time.

SP

The thread title will be bold to everyone else, but not to you because in creating it, you have already 'read it'. Then as Host Andy has said, when someone post a renew reply, it will be bold again until you read it. EM

Archived