Drinks packages Celebrity/RCI

After deliberating for quite some time beforehand, we finally decided to both take the Premium Package for our recent top end cruise on Solstice.

We figured we knew our usual bar bill (and the prices charged), and on Solstice the opportunity to enjoy the Martini Bar and the Molecular Bar made the exercise of pre purchasing a no brainer. My basic philosophy was that the package covered 80% alcohol and 20% coffee,water etc.

Points to note:

1. Never encountered a limit ... and we used the Sunset Bar a lot in the afternoons, and the Martini Bar in the evenings.

2. They still require you to present cards when purchasing so they can run them through the POS computer. Consumption then shows on your statement at end of cruise (at nil charge).

3. The range of wine available by the glass (even for the Premium Package) is somewhat limited. I invariably had the Californian Pinot Noir or the Sav Blanc. Shirley was nearly always served the Chandon bubbles.

4. Package does not extend to room service. We also used our balcony for a few drinks, so unless we wanted to raid the expensive cabin fridge, I had to go up to a bar and get what we wanted. Ended up using the bar within the Oceanview buffet (not far from lifts), but it was always a juggling act to carry two glasses and press the lift buttons, and then get into the cabin using the sea pass. I eventually got quite adept at it !

5. I found the wine waiter service in the MDR somewhat indifferent ( we had select dining so sat somewhere different every night) - certainly not what I was expecting after reading the main Clebrity boards, but I did not let it worry me.

6. We used the Coffee Shop a lot for morning tea ... great coffee and snacks if you want. Also grabbed some water from the desk before disembarkation at each port..... all these included in package.

For me it was worth it...and again... the only limit I had was juggling two glasses in the lifts:D

cheers

I was told yesterday that there is a limit per day as to how many drinks you can have with these packages. Does anyone know if that's right and if so, what is the limit?

I am on the Celebrity Solstice as we speak and have the premium non alcohol package. I can assure you there is absolutely no restriction on its use.

Only exception is one drink at a time although my partner can take my card up and get a drink for me and give their card and get a drink for themselves at the same time ( we both have a package).

I would assume is you were getting pi**ed they would refuse to serve you but otherwise no.

For us the premium non alchohol package is worth it at $20 per day. Soft drinks are $2.50, speciality coffee $4-$7 and alcohol free cocktails $5. So a couple of coffees, 3 zero alcohol cocktails and and few soft drinks a day ( which we do) and its worth it. Plus of you get sparkling water etc in the restaurant to its also part of the package.

The fine print on Celebrity Solstice said a $60 limit per day. The drinks you could buy were capped at $13 for the premium package. Yes there were drinks that did cost more than $13 but its unlikely anyone buys them. depending how well the bar staff get to know you they will not ask for the card once they recognise your face.

The drinks you could buy were capped at $13 for the premium package. Yes there were drinks that did cost more than $13 but its unlikely anyone buys them

People buy them. One of the good things about the premium package is you just pay the difference between the maximum and the cost of the dearer drink.

Yet another example from the land of upselling! :-) (Cause people usually only think about the incremental cost, not the original cost.)

People buy them. One of the good things about the premium package is you just pay the difference between the maximum and the cost of the dearer drink.

Actually, that surprises me (pleasantly :)). I thought if it was above the price, you would have to pay full price.

Thanks everyone for your replies. I don't intend to get legless but was just curious after what I'd been told. It was one of those " a friend of a friend said......."

Actually, that surprises me (pleasantly :)). I thought if it was above the price, you would have to pay full price.

Just to clarify if you have the classic package you have to pay the full price if it is above the price but if you have the premium package you only pay the difference

Archived