Oasis May 11 -- odd question

My question is how odd will it look when I am walking around Oasis at night with my camera on a full size tripod to get those great pictures with all the beautiful lighting? I will do it either way, just wondering if others have seen people doing this or is it going to be a really weird sighting for people? Just want to be prepared either way :)

From my experience on Allure and Oasis later in the evening there aren't that many people out there. As long as you aren't pointing the camera at me or blocking the way somehow I wouldn't think much of it. I know I tried to hold the camera steady or rest it on something to get that not blurry night shot so I understand.

Oh my goodness, no one will look twice...I've been on cruises with couples who dress in matching outfits (like everything, right down to shoes, not just coordinated- matching) guys whose pot bellies alone weigh more than I do leaping into a pool to land on their stomachs, people willing to discuss the intimate details of their sex life...on stage...while being video taped for the cruise in review...while their mother sits in the audience...and their kids:eek:

No worries, no one is going to look at your tripod and say " OMG, did you SEE that guy!" Now try to wear a hat into the MDR, then you'll get some looks ;) everything else is "normal":D

I think you should go for it... only because we are on the cruise right after you and I'm sure my husband will want to do the same thing!

At least I can say, "Someone on the cruise before us did it too!"

Ann

You won't look odd. No one will remember. Instead they'll remember the huge guy in neon orange speedos wearing the huge gold medallion on his chest. I still am traumatized by that guy from my last cruise 10 years ago. Lol!!! And every night he wore a white suit with a neon tshirt to the MDR. I think he thought je was on Miami Vice.

My question is how odd will it look when I am walking around Oasis at night with my camera on a full size tripod to get those great pictures with all the beautiful lighting? I will do it either way, just wondering if others have seen people doing this or is it going to be a really weird sighting for people? Just want to be prepared either way :)
it depends, how odd do you look without the camera? ;)

My husband will be the other guy you see doing the same thing we are on that sailing too.

wotaripper and TMO3CC01 -- have you guys signed up on the roll-call board yet and the Meet & Mingle through RCI?

Yes we have all 8 of us in our group.Was looking at a review from another poster yesterday which had pictures of the daily newsletter and noticed they have an info session at the camera shop on either the first or second day with advice on how to get the best shots etc on the ship no doubt hubby will go along he has just upgraded his camera and is camera mad.

Im on the same cruise and I say DO WHAT EVER YOU WANT, YOU ARE ON VACATION!!

:D

Was looking at a review from another poster yesterday which had pictures of the daily newsletter and noticed they have an info session at the camera shop on either the first or second day with advice on how to get the best shots etc on the ship no doubt hubby will go along he has just upgraded his camera and is camera mad.

I will have to watch for that class, that would be wonderful! My email to share photos after our WONDERFUL vacation: cczupta@izoom.net

I think out on deck you might find it a little chilly, and maybe very few people, so you may be able to get all the pics you want. Even inside, take your tripod and get those pics. Some people will only be jealous that you're capturing those 'not to forget momets'. My only tip is at some point, make sure you put away that camera and just soak up the moment. Enjoy. The Oasis is lovely.

We might have to exchange email addresses so we can see each others shots :)

Forget emailing, you are going to have to share these photos with the rest of us on the roll call! I thought about taking my slr and tripod after seeing other people's photos but I am not sure that I want to bother. I am taking my smaller camera and may try some shots steading the camera on a railing.

Judy

Other passengers will probably think you are just one of many professional Royal Caribbean photographers on board. They seem to be everywhere on the ship at all times lugging camera equipment and taking pictures or setting up to take pictures. Very few passengers will take the time to notice you are not one of the official RCI photographers, nor will they even care.

Like others here, I hope you will share your photos and post them here. I love Oasis and Allure.

How do you fly with the tripod? I can't seem to figure that one out. I have a smaller one that I use but haven't gotten up the guts to try and bring my regular one.
Not sure about Zimmcouple but my husbands is telescopic and lightwieght and attaches to the side of the camera bag in its own bag so no problem.

We don't have any of the fancy camera equipment. Just a little point and shoot. I can't wait to see the pictures you all capture

I don't have a real fancy camera - but the couple cameras I do have take great shots at night if they have a steady hand - which I usually don't, hence the reason for the tripod!

Only 52 LONG days to go!!

How do you fly with the tripod? I can't seem to figure that one out. I have a smaller one that I use but haven't gotten up the guts to try and bring my regular one.

I have a small tripod that fits in my camera bag with my small point and shoot - its a Nikon and takes WONDERFUL pictures during the day and at night.

I have a full-size tripod that I bring, for my large Nikon, that collapses and fits inside my suitcase. Seeing that we are on a cruise, and don't need to over pack, it doesn't take up to much valuable space :)

I am taking my smaller camera and may try some shots steading the camera on a railing.

Judy

I have the 'Gorillapod Flexible Tripod' for my small point and shoot - it is extremely light weight and small - so this will fit into my beach or evening bag for just casual shots walking around and off our balcony (10329); which will be great for the boardwalk and aquatheater. It also works with my new Nikon waterproof camera too :)

Did I already mention... only 52 days!!

Archived