It's not impossible!!!

Snowball

I know that some have said that it can't be done, so I wanted to post that my t/a was able to get me an OBC for a price drop, even though my category is sold out. I am booked in a Vista Suite, and there hasn't been any available for many months - but apparently the pricing for sold out categories is still listed on the site that t/a's use, so she submitted a form for the drop and it was accepted the same day.

If your category is sold out, it's still worth pursuing. The worst thing that could happen is they tell you no, right?

I was booked under the old Early Saver pricing (before the recent changes in fare categories) and I'm not sure if that had something to do with it or not. All I know is that I am one happy cruiser today, with $130 more free money to spend onboard than I had before. :D

I know that some have said that it can't be done, so I wanted to post that my t/a was able to get me an OBC for a price drop, even though my category is sold out. I am booked in a Vista Suite, and there hasn't been any available for many months - but apparently the pricing for sold out categories is still listed on the site that t/a's use, so she submitted a form for the drop and it was accepted the same day.

If your category is sold out, it's still worth pursuing. The worst thing that could happen is they tell you no, right?

I was booked under the old Early Saver pricing (before the recent changes in fare categories) and I'm not sure if that had something to do with it or not. All I know is that I am one happy cruiser today, with $130 more free money to spend onboard than I had before. :D

Awesome! Have a fabulous time! :D

I am booked in a suite on my next cruise. The suites have all been booked for the past few weeks. However, I booked directly thru Carnival. So means no obc for me??? Just curious. Happy for you!!

Maybe someone in a Vista suite accepted an upsell to a Grand suite creating a vacancy?

Congrats on your good fortune! Happy sailing.

Maybe someone in a Vista suite accepted an upsell to a Grand suite creating a vacancy?

Congrats on your good fortune! Happy sailing.

I don't know for sure but I don't think so, because there still aren't any vacancies in my category. The VS on the Spirit Class are aft wraps, and I would be surprised if someone would even accept an upgrade from a VS to a GS.

I am booked in a suite on my next cruise. The suites have all been booked for the past few weeks. However, I booked directly thru Carnival. So means no obc for me??? Just curious. Happy for you!!

Since you booked directly through Carnival, I would recommend that you call them and ask. Like I said, the worst thing they can do it tell you no, and the best thing that could happen is you end up with extra spending money on your account. ;)

Same thing happened to me. I always book with my Carnival PVP and last time we booked ES.

They told me in the past that with price drops I would have to match PT to PT rate but PT's were sold out 2 weeks before we sailed. But that price drop happened and DBF told me to submit the form and see what happens and sure enough....we got the drop even though there were no PT's available. Ended up with a total of $260.00 OBC!

Silly question, but how do you know there is a price drop for your category if your category is sold out? I have been watching the fares by doing mock bookings, but when a certain type of room sells out, I can no longer see its price because I can't do the mock booking for that type of room anymore.

Silly question, but how do you know there is a price drop for your category if your category is sold out? I have been watching the fares by doing mock bookings, but when a certain type of room sells out, I can no longer see its price because I can't do the mock booking for that type of room anymore.

You don't know - but if the category below yours and the one above yours has dropped, chances are your category did as well.

I *think* if you transfer your booking to a travel agent you might get onboard credit. Doesn't hurt to ask!

I *think* if you transfer your booking to a travel agent you might get onboard credit. Doesn't hurt to ask!

You can only transfer to a travel agent if you are within the first 30 days of the booking.

You don't know - but if the category below yours and the one above yours has dropped, chances are your category did as well.

Congtrats on your OBC!

I am booked early saver in a vista suite on the Miracle for Thanksgiving. It has been sold out for a long time.

How would I know if the category above or below mine dropped as I haven't been watching those fares?

I just submitted a form after reading a suggestion on another thread. I had called Carnival and the rep said she never heard of it, but I could always give it a try.

Im booked in a category with only 2 rooms on the ship. The category was "sold out" after I booked last July for a May sailing.

After I submitted the form tonight, with a comment re: the price drop was for a higher category, which now has a price lower than what I paid, I starting googling!

I read lots of threads and in a couple of instances, people submitted the form and were not given OBC, but were upgraded, without choice, to the category where they saw the rate. I do not want to upgrade. I love love love the cabin I have. Im hoping to get a simple denial. Its going to be a stressful couple of days for me :(

Congtrats on your OBC!

I am booked early saver in a vista suite on the Miracle for Thanksgiving. It has been sold out for a long time.

How would I know if the category above or below mine dropped as I haven't been watching those fares?

Hmmmm. That is a tough one. The only thing I can think of is check the roll call for your cruise and see if people are posting that there was a price drop.

I just submitted a form after reading a suggestion on another thread. I had called Carnival and the rep said she never heard of it, but I could always give it a try.

Im booked in a category with only 2 rooms on the ship. The category was "sold out" after I booked last July for a May sailing.

After I submitted the form tonight, with a comment re: the price drop was for a higher category, which now has a price lower than what I paid, I starting googling!

I read lots of threads and in a couple of instances, people submitted the form and were not given OBC, but were upgraded, without choice, to the category where they saw the rate. I do not want to upgrade. I love love love the cabin I have. Im hoping to get a simple denial. Its going to be a stressful couple of days for me :(

I'm sorry that you didn't think to put a comment on the form stating that you did not want your room changed until after you submitted the form. Hopefully they won't change your cabin assignment. I wonder if you can call and ask that they notate your booking to state that you do not want to be upgraded.

Archived