What happens to bags once we are onboard?

SDCfirsttimeer

We have placed our beverages (not a fan of Coke products) in a plastic bin' date=' paste a luggage tag on it, and hubby gives it to a porter with a tip.

One nice thing about Princess is that when you get on the ship, the cabins are available. You can go directly to your cabin, check it out, unpack your carry-ons (if you want), and then go explore the ship w/o schlepping your stuff.[/quote']

That is a wonderful perk we all get from Princess.

How many people do you want walking around with a key to your cabin.

Makes sense that it's for security purposes or to expedite the process. The stewards can already enter your room when you're gone to clean and restock, just wondered why they couldn't push your luggage in there too. No worries, I truly was just curious. June will be my first Carnival cruise on the Breeze so I'm sure everything will be foreign to me!

Makes sense that it's for security purposes or to expedite the process. The stewards can already enter your room when you're gone to clean and restock, just wondered why they couldn't push your luggage in there too. No worries, I truly was just curious. June will be my first Carnival cruise on the Breeze so I'm sure everything will be foreign to me!

I suspect that the "official" explanation is security, but expediting the process probably ranks up there.

Even though your cabin steward has a key, he is not necessarily the one who is distributing the luggage.

What do you do with suit bags/garment carriers?

Don't fancy checking this in as it will be holding tuxedo etc?

We don't use garment bags. Hubby and I have one checked bag each plus our one carryon each. His tuxedo, layered in tissue paper to keep from wrinkling is in one of the checked bags.

Depends on the size of the garment bags. If they don't fit the X-ray scanner, you'll have to check it. If it does fit, you'll have to lug it around with you until you get clearance to go to your cabin.

size wise they must fit through the same size xray machine at the security line of the airport.
I can comment specifically to one port (Brooklyn, NY) but there is some varaition in the size of the opning on the scanners. I had a several bottles of wine (permitted by the cruise line) in a collapsable wheeled tote. The first scanner I approached did not have a large enough opening for the tote but the adjacent scanner was large enough so it would fit. I also imagine that they might hand-inspect an oversized bag that would not otherwise fit into a scanner.

But thinking in terms of an airport-size scanner is a good starting point.

Archived