Formal Nights - 4.7.13-4.14.13 - NA???

grammie2maddie

Sorry - I asked this before, but the answer wasn't clear, and HAL says they don't have the info yet - we are going on a 1 week cruise. Can anyone tell us when the formal nights will be? We want to make reservations for Tamarind and Pinnacle - 4.7.13 - 4.14.13. Thank you!!

Sorry - I asked this before, but the answer wasn't clear, and HAL says they don't have the info yet - we are going on a 1 week cruise. Can anyone tell us when the formal nights will be? We want to make reservations for Tamarind and Pinnacle - 4.7.13 - 4.14.13. Thank you!!

If HAL tells you they don't know the answer I'm curious as to just who you expect on these boards would? And why would you believe them if they did?

RonJoan

The standard answer is the second night and the second to last night. However, if the second day is a Half Moon Cay stop, then it might get moved to the third night.

Seattle never knows because it is at the final decision of the Captain and Hotel Manager onboard.

You can re-arrange Pinnacle or Tamarind reservations onboard. You are not etched into stone. I think once in 8 HAL cruises we have booked an extra charge resturant in advance, and never had a problem, getting a meal. Knowing the formal nights isn't critical to your survival.

My best guess is that Formal nights will be the evening of 'at sea' days -- at least that's when we planned to avoid the restaurants because we don't like to dress. I figure I can change the reservations if need be...

If you show us the itinerary, we likely can tell you when will be your formal nights.

I don't what itinerary they are doing on that date....... :o

Too many ships to be able to remember all of them.

My best guess is that Formal nights will be the evening of 'at sea' days -- at least that's when we planned to avoid the restaurants because we don't like to dress. I figure I can change the reservations if need be...

This is usually the case. Formal nights tend to be held on sea days.

Depart Fort Lauderdale Sunday, April 7

Half Moon Key, Monday, April 8

At Sea, Tuesday, April 9

San Juan, Wednesday, April 1

St. Maarten, Thursday, April 2

At Sea, Friday, April 3

Nassau, Saturday, April 4

Fort Lauderdale, Sunday, April 5

Half Moon Key, Monday, April 8 Formal

At Sea, Tuesday, April 9

At Sea, Friday, April 3 FORMAL

Your formal nights likely will be Hal Moon day and your second sea day. It is not impossible they could wait until Tuesday (sea day) for the first formal night but I think it not likely.

Half Moon Key, Monday, April 8

At Sea, Tuesday, April 9

At Sea, Friday, April 3

How can you be in Fort Lauderale on the 7th and the 5th?

The standard answer is the second night and the second to last night. However, if the second day is a Half Moon Cay stop, then it might get moved to the third night.

Seattle never knows because it is at the final decision of the Captain and Hotel Manager onboard.

You can re-arrange Pinnacle or Tamarind reservations onboard. You are not etched into stone. I think once in 8 HAL cruises we have booked an extra charge resturant in advance, and never had a problem, getting a meal. Knowing the formal nights isn't critical to your survival.

I realize that the formal nights will not make or break the cruise - but I do already know that there are several large groups on the ship this cruise, and I had planned to make reservations...

Archived