Laundramats on Westerdam?

Bubba54

I am booked on the 34 Hawaii/Tahiti cruis in April. I saw on a cruise website that the Westerdam does not have self serve laundry on board.

Is this true? I tought all of Hollands ship had them.

Thanks

Thanks, glad I asked. Would not have liked that surprise.

Glad to help. Any other questions about HAL, just ask away. :)

BTW, they do have options to send laundry away: a per bag fee (something like $20 for a bag that can get stuffed pretty well); unlimited laundry for the cruise (price depends on length of cruise) and then Neptune and Pinnacle Suites get complimentary laundry.

We have done the unlimited laundry and it works out great - especially if you're travelling a few days before or after the cruise. Last cruise I came home with just a carryon of dirty clothes - everything in the checked baggage was clean and ready to put away.

It also helps on Alaskan cruises where you're taking heavier and more space consuming clothes than you would a warm weather cruise.

Buy the unlimited package. You are on a long voyage, who wants to sit in a hot laundry room? You should be enjoying your trip.

That's my attitude - there's a laundry room on our ship - guarantee I won't be using it:D

:) i was looking around were sailing on the Westerdam in May was kindof wondering are self about the laundry issue? 2nd cruise for us, 1st one on CC both 7 days. going to Alaska on this cruise so would like to use a laundry of some type with bigger clothes to pack. so how does the unlimited work? where do you sign for that? Thanks

:) i was looking around were sailing on the Westerdam in May was kindof wondering are self about the laundry issue? 2nd cruise for us, 1st one on CC both 7 days. going to Alaska on this cruise so would like to use a laundry of some type with bigger clothes to pack. so how does the unlimited work? where do you sign for that? Thanks

You can sign up for the unlimited laundry on board. Usually there is a spot on the laundry sheet where you can indicate it and/or you can sign up at the front desk. Unlimited is exactly that - unlimited. You can send out as much as you want (ask for more bags if needed). Laundry service normally ends 48 hours before the end of the cruise but I have seen some exceptions.

hope this helps a bit:)

Archived